new sidekick 2009 video showcase, showing off youtube plus more new stuff!

Originally Posted by SylvesterMcGrizzly

So ya phone is for adults cuz its touchscreen?
indifferent.gif
touchscreens are overrated and go unresponsive jus as easy as a worn down keyboard can give out and if that touch screen go, you are down...btw none of my sk keyboards have fell apart or stopped working...only the trackball fails over time...I kno dudes who say to me all the time that the iphone as a phone sucks and is garbage...if anything I may just get an ipod touch and jailbreak that
I wouldn't even touch the iPod touch, no pun intended. Give me a regular iPod and I'm good.

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

uh the vid?

Im interested in seeing what the new sk can do, but Ill never buy one again
if u see the video it shows what the new sk can do mister.

Edit:

i put a other video since the first got taken down.

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by SW33TS1NC3R1TY

Originally Posted by Jonahtheballer

i cant go back to the sidekick after the iphone...
iphone's can't record (at all unless its jailbroken) and upload directly to youtube
happy.gif

iphones still got a 2 megapixel camera, this sidekick got 3.2

looks like you can't sidekicks on not having custom ringtones anymore. you can do it now
embarassed.gif
smokin.gif

sidekicks are played out
paying more for less < paying less for more
tongue.gif
touch screen > bunch of buttons that end up sticking after a ton of use

having your itunes library on your phone > ___

safari web broswer > ____

sleek, one piece phone > swivel, moving parts that end up breaking after a year or two

i had two sidekicks (mr. cartoon, sidekick 3) and they absolutely sucked after a while. service went out for no reason, swivel screen would stop working well after a while, buttons started to stick, big and clunky... i could go on. it's a phone for kids.
1. Touch screen gets old real quick and honestly nothing beats the feel of actual buttons.

2. Let me know when you can actually sync your iPhone library to another laptop other than the initial one and actually put your music on there without starting all over again, unlike the iPod in which that is possible.

3. Safari crashes more than the damn crash dummies. The %$%* is about as stable as crack head.

4. I take it you haven't had to return an iPhone yet. I had to exchange one because I had dirt under my screen. The quality on the new iPhones are the absolute worse.

MMS, copy & paste, A2DP, multi-tasking > iPhone(wait until the summer then you will have those features that even a FREE phone has). If a phone defines who or what you are then you deeper issues than what you think
tired.gif

laugh.gif
what? touch screen is a lot easier to use, you must have sausage fingers. i don't need to sync my phone with another computer. if you do,it's REALLY easy to sync everything back up to a new computer. it's a very simple process. safari no longer crashes because of the new firmware, gottaknow when to update your stuff. i have indeed returned an iPhone, back when i worked at apple. got a brand new one. i've had the 3g since day one andi'm not sure what quality you're talking about. dirt under the screen? i don't know anyone who has had that problem, IF they take care of theirstuff. as for my comment, a sidekick is for kids. it's a phone geared for teens, if you don't know this then lulz.

indifferent.gif
touchscreens are overrated and go unresponsive jus as easy as a worn down keyboard can give out and if that touch screen go, you are down...btw none of my sk keyboards have fell apart or stopped working...only the trackball fails over time...I kno dudes who say to me all the time that the iphone as a phone sucks and is garbage...if anything I may just get an ipod touch and jailbreak that
sidekick is a kiddy phone, that's not up for debate. all sorts of people would come in to buy iphones, appeals to a much larger demographic.i've been a heavy iphone user since day one and have never had a 'unresponsive' touchscreen. take care of your screen and it works fine. mysidekick keyboards, however, would stick together from lots of use and the swivel screen would get stuck. poor quality.

i know a bunch of iphone users and none have called it 'garbage'. so there goes that argument.

i loved my sk3...but im done with them...wont knock em...tmobile makes a killing with them and there plans do %#*% on at&ts plans for the iphone ...i justthink there cheaply made and the design no longer appeals to me. i can only see myself with a iphone or bb ...

iphone's can't record (at all unless its jailbroken) and upload directly to youtube
happy.gif

looks like you can't sidekicks on not having custom ringtones anymore. you can do it now
embarassed.gif
smokin.gif

sidekicks are played out
tongue.gif

sleek, one piece phone > swivel, moving parts that end up breaking after a year or two

i had two sidekicks (mr. cartoon, sidekick 3) and they absolutely sucked after a while. service went out for no reason, swivel screen would stop working well after a while, buttons started to stick, big and clunky... i could go on. it's a phone for kids.
1. Touch screen gets old real quick and honestly nothing beats the feel of actual buttons.

2. Let me know when you can actually sync your iPhone library to another laptop other than the initial one and actually put your music on there without starting all over again, unlike the iPod in which that is possible.

3. Safari crashes more than the damn crash dummies. The %$%* is about as stable as crack head.

4. I take it you haven't had to return an iPhone yet. I had to exchange one because I had dirt under my screen. The quality on the new iPhones are the absolute worse.

MMS, copy & paste, A2DP, multi-tasking > iPhone(wait until the summer then you will have those features that even a FREE phone has). If a phone defines who or what you are then you deeper issues than what you think
tired.gif
laugh.gif
what? touch screen is a lot easier to use, you must have sausage fingers. i don't need to sync my phone with another computer. if you do, it's REALLY easy to sync everything back up to a new computer. it's a very simple process. safari no longer crashes because of the new firmware, gotta know when to update your stuff. i have indeed returned an iPhone, back when i worked at apple. got a brand new one. i've had the 3g since day one and i'm not sure what quality you're talking about. dirt under the screen? i don't know anyone who has had that problem, IF they take care of their stuff. as for my comment, a sidekick is for kids. it's a phone geared for teens, if you don't know this then lulz.

indifferent.gif
sidekick is a kiddy phone, that's not up for debate. all sorts of people would come in to buy iphones, appeals to a much larger demographic. i've been a heavy iphone user since day one and have never had a 'unresponsive' touchscreen. take care of your screen and it works fine. my sidekick keyboards, however, would stick together from lots of use and the swivel screen would get stuck. poor quality.

i know a bunch of iphone users and none have called it 'garbage'. so there goes that argument.

what makes the new one "so kiddy"

everytime i hear that its not even a knock against the hardware....which right now the new one has a few one ups over the iphone.

damn, I'm in no rush to buy a new sk but those features look nice.
too bad I have to pay full price since 29.99 data only went to $55 data only and I'm NOT going to lose that!
edit:
theres a SLIGHT way around its a but very very very very very very annoying long process

happy.gif

embarassed.gif
smokin.gif

sidekicks are played out
tongue.gif

tired.gif
laugh.gif
what? touch screen is a lot easier to use, you must have sausage fingers. i don't need to sync my phone with another computer. if you do, it's REALLY easy to sync everything back up to a new computer. it's a very simple process. safari no longer crashes because of the new firmware, gotta know when to update your stuff. i have indeed returned an iPhone, back when i worked at apple. got a brand new one. i've had the 3g since day one and i'm not sure what quality you're talking about. dirt under the screen? i don't know anyone who has had that problem, IF they take care of their stuff. as for my comment, a sidekick is for kids. it's a phone geared for teens, if you don't know this then lulz.

indifferent.gif
sidekick is a kiddy phone, that's not up for debate. all sorts of people would come in to buy iphones, appeals to a much larger demographic. i've been a heavy iphone user since day one and have never had a 'unresponsive' touchscreen. take care of your screen and it works fine. my sidekick keyboards, however, would stick together from lots of use and the swivel screen would get stuck. poor quality.

So because you've NEVER heard of it does that mean it hasn't happened? You sound like the typical iPhone die hard because you said take care of yourscreen and it works fine. A dead pixel, as an example, has NOTHING to do with the end user or the fact that there was light leak because of quality control. Go check out some forums such as Howard & Mac Rumors and read the good and bad. I know alot of people who have called the iPhone garbage so yeah that goesthat argument. I guess because you said that the SK is a kiddy phone and people come in to the APPLE store to buy an iPhone that settles it
laugh.gif
Classic post indeed
tired.gif

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

damn, I'm in no rush to buy a new sk but those features look nice.
too bad I have to pay full price since 29.99 data only went to $55 data only and I'm NOT going to lose that!
edit:
theres a SLIGHT way around its a but very very very very very very annoying long process
if you have a plan its grandfathered.

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

People still buy these things? They've all looked the same for the last few years. They still have that bland layout, too.

You do know that "bland layout" is one of the easiest OS to navigate through on a cell phone, right?

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

People still buy these things? They've all looked the same for the last few years. They still have that bland layout, too.

You do know that "bland layout" is one of the easiest OS to navigate through on a cell phone, right?
QFT as ya say
laugh.gif
smile.gif

I think the SK is a chick phone.

I always see a chicks with them, but I held it a couple of times and I just cant stand it. I coulde never go back to a non touch acreen phone (word to theprotouch)

I hate not being able to choose whats right on the screen

if you can't take away the info from my posts then that's on you. taking care of your phone isn't difficult. i took care of both sidekicks i'vehad and after a lot of use it didn't matter. there are no 'adults' i see using those kid phones. anybody who says otherwise is lying through theirteeth. i've read howardforums, macrumors, again i've worked at apple, i know the deal. there are flaws with it, but it's a much better phone withtons and tons of apps and a new OS looming.

If you can't admit that the sidekick is marketed for teenagers then that's on you. I don't know any grown +#+ man or professional that would rock atony hawk or LRG edition phone. Be serious.

Originally Posted by quik1987

If you can't admit that the sidekick is marketed for teenagers then that's on you. I don't know any grown +#+ man or professional that would rock a tony hawk or LRG edition phone. Be serious.
Well thank you captain obvious. Aim + texting = teenagers, does a grown man use aim? Yes, not as much as teenagers do obviously, but grown men useaim as well. The SK is perfect for that. If you honestly care what people think about you cause of a certain phone you have, you sir are way too into yourimage. Get what you like and whats convenient to you.

Unlimited data (grandfathered) for 19.99 > for "grown up" phone image....

I swear some of u need to worry about your insecurites if you worried about your percieved phone stereotypes...

Back
Top Bottom