New Trend: Vintage Looking Air Jordan 1 Highs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll speak for those who loved Air Jordan 1’s before the hype and unintentionally beat them up... I agree. Wouldn’t call it a new trend at all however.

Literally as I was typing this while smoking. 2009 Shadows

77C2B228-C196-43D7-BCC1-0746B632089D.jpeg

I’ll speak for those who loved Air Jordan 1’s before the hype and unintentionally beat them up... I agree. Wouldn’t call it a new trend at all however.

looks great...thought they were 85 black/whites at first glance

looks great...thought they were 85 black/whites at first glance

Quality on a lot of those Hi’s from the late 2000’s were really good and allowed them to age well. I’ve worn these ~a million times since I’ve had them since RD while my 2013 Shadow’s get barely any play lol. Still have yet to grab 2018 shadows. It’s just something about a well broken in pair of Air Jordan’s.

Nice wear on those.

Not necessarily a 'new' trend but it's becoming more popular again. Shoes went from wearing them until they break down, to cleaning after every wear, and now carefully 'aging' them.

Yah. With the influx of every month it seems like. The vintage look to a pair makes your look standout.

I’m a big fan of well worn sneakers but it’s harder for my habits to adjust. I’m 30+ and have been pretty heavy into sneakers since I was 14 or 15, a bigger than average collection since probably high school at least.

Ive actually kinda struggled even in my adult years of keeping my collection below 100 because it’s been a hobby for such a long time.

however I occasionally do get to beat in a shoe enough for me to just wear daily and I love those pairs. My current beater 1s is a pair of 2013 breds. I have 2 pairs of 2016s but I’ve enjoyed beating these so much they are often my go to pair.

Im hoping that as I move further away from this hobby my other pairs will really get some well worn aging to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom