New video of the Oscar Grant shooting

Originally Posted by sn00pee

Originally Posted by ericberry14

Originally Posted by jordan723

4. I read in the newspaper today that in the past 20 years in Alameda county that an officer has yet to be convicted of a murder.
that's really all there is to kno about this situation. and i highly doubt that this will change.
Thats probably because theres a difference between "manslaughter" and "murder"....
are you just one of those people that believe that cops are always right in every situation? that is what it is sounding like from your responsesin this thread.

but the reason there havent been very many convictions is because the police force & the Districy Attorney work side by side in the majority of criminalcases. Now couple this with the fact that theire is an impenetrable wall of silence when trying to prosecute officers of the law. The District Attorney'soffice receives absolutely no help when trying to gather facts & evidence bcuz fellow officers arent going to "snitch" on their fellow officersof the law.

That is why there have been no convictions.

Oakland
smh.gif

My boy called me and told me dudes are jumping on cars and breaking windows.

I hear sirens out of my window. I live 5 min from downtown where this is all happening. Man, people are angry, and I understand why. There's littleoutburst here and there, but people are dispersing. People are not beating up on one another because of race or anything like that.

EDIT: See people want answers. That's why people are trippin. You got somebody murder on tape, and there is NOT ONE EXPLANATION. The officer that shot thekid resigned, so he doesn't have to answer any questions from the Bart investigation.

One thing I'd like to point out is there are people of all ethnicity's black, white, Asian, Latino's, etc protesting. Wrong is wrong and that copneeds to be handcuffed. This reminds me of the movie Training Day where Ethan Hawks character said, "What? We have badge that makes it all right".Also, the Warriors just lost to the Lakers and I expect there to be even more people coming out of Orcale going to protest.

Originally Posted by FromThaTown

Originally Posted by Dr 715

edit: Local news is reporting, the protesting crowd are not hostile. There have been two cases of burning a garbage can and car, but that's it.

laugh.gif
What the %%$$ are you talking about? Burning a car isn't hostile in your opinion?
that's just a couple of people. Man, if it was a hostile environment, the mayor wouldn't be at ground zero, believe that.The media likes to take a small secluded situation and glamorize it to make it like the whole movement is like that. Think man.

Dude you're talking out of your %%*. It was definitely unfortunate what happened to the guy, but you can't defend these "protests."

Not hostile? Why were store windows shattered? Cars burned? Seems like these deliquents just need an excuse to act like fools.

Damn I just got home from school and checked my pager (I work for AMR in Alameda County) and seen to avoid broadway and 12th due to police activity, then Iturn on the news and I see a burning trash can and a beat squad car, might be a interesting few days here in the Town!

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Crank Lucas:
first time seeing this and sorry I didnt have time to go threw the thread but I have 2 questions

1. where exactly was the kid shot at? was his death instant??

2. whats the update on the cop's situation??????????????????????????
#1. He was shot in the back, the bullet penetrated his lung, eventually killing him; no, not instantly.

#2. Cop's in hiding. We're all waiting for the excuse BART is going to give to cover up the cop's murder.

thanks ska

This video is hard to watch...its disgusting, these people are paid to so call protect society?, but all they do is take a little situation and turn it intosomething that's not needed.

edit: Local news is reporting, the protesting crowd are not hostile. There have been two cases of burning a garbage can and car, but that's it.

laugh.gif
What the %%$$ are you talking about? Burning a car isn't hostile in your opinion?
that's just a couple of people. Man, if it was a hostile environment, the mayor wouldn't be at ground zero, believe that.The media likes to take a small secluded situation and glamorize it to make it like the whole movement is like that. Think man.

Dude you're talking out of your %%*. It was definitely unfortunate what happened to the guy, but you can't defend these "protests."

Not hostile? Why were store windows shattered? Cars burned? Seems like these deliquents just need an excuse to act like fools.

Man, there's gonna be some bad apples in a bunch that just want to cause chaos. You said it yourself deliquents need an excuse to act like afool. And these delinquents were young and had mob mentality. And to me it was not hostile even if you have a couple of car burnings and broken windows.Hostile to me, means people beating up anyone in sight and looting stores. The mayor even spoke and disperse the situation. You don't know what hostilemeans. Like I said I would feel safe in this environment, The LA riots, now that was hostile.

my bay area, my bart. im not gonna let this happen to my area. not without a revolution. lets all band together and destroy the universe

this is very sad, I planned on joining the police force next year but this has def. changed my mind.... i cant believe it!!! I wonder what Obama thinks ofthis!

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

Oakland
smh.gif

My boy called me and told me dudes are jumping on cars and breaking windows.

They're just making the situation worse.

Stupid goons.

They are making worse, but I hope in the long run, this makes an influence on the case. I don't care if it's a political move that puts this cop injail.I just hope he goes to jail. It's blatantly in your face in the video. I don't care if it's an accident or not. Dude has to spend time forthat.

Originally Posted by Tupac Jordan

rbw1s5.jpg
Boy, you ain't never lied.
I can't believe how dumb and ignorant some people are on here. What if the cop was black what would you all have to say about that one? Likesome others stated before, it is that thug mentality to talk back to the law, as to just taking it like a man and letting them arrest you. Why couldn'tthis fool just keep his mouth shut and let the officer cuff him and move on. He had to say something I'm sure. The cop wasn't right, but I know if Iwere in that position I would let the cop cuff me and not say a word. Some people have that thug mentality in them still and thing it is a must do to looktough in front of the police. Especially with the crowd right there watching every move. I pour my drink for the passing, but in the end don't fight withpolice. YOU WILL NOT WIN!

P.S the members who want to start riots over this. If Martin Luther king were here today would he go start a riot? Try being non-violent for once and maybesomeone will hear you out.

Originally Posted by MrBigBusiness

rbw1s5.jpg
I can't believe how dumb and ignorant some people are on here. What if the cop was black what would you all have to say about that one? Like some others stated before, it is that thug mentality to talk back to the law, as to just taking it like a man and letting them arrest you. Why couldn't this fool just keep his mouth shut and let the officer cuff him and move on. He had to say something I'm sure. The cop wasn't right, but I know if I were in that position I would let the cop cuff me and not say a word. Some people have that thug mentality in them still and thing it is a must do to look tough in front of the police. Especially with the crowd right there watching every move. I pour my drink for the passing, but in the end don't fight with police. YOU WILL NOT WIN!

P.S the members who want to start riots over this. If Martin Luther king were here today would he go start a riot? Try being non-violent for once and maybe someone will hear you out.

grin.gif
I've had convo's with older folk who are far from thugs who talkback to cops in ways a young thug would never dream of. But all this riot bull #+%! is just that, bull #+%!.

There's a thing that law enforcement officers are taught called the "Use of Force Continuum".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Use_of_force_continuumhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Use_of_force_continuum

The concept is quite simple, but apparently this officer completely forgot about it. Of course we don't know the exact scenario surrounding the shooting,or the threat of safety that the officers felt. But, judging from every video I've seen, it looks like they had things under control for the most part andwere in no imminent danger.

In short, there is no reason for someone to get shot in the scenario presented in the videos. Pepper spray would have calmed things down, guaranteed.

Originally Posted by MrBigBusiness

rbw1s5.jpg
I can't believe how dumb and ignorant some people are on here. What if the cop was black what would you all have to say about that one? Like some others stated before, it is that thug mentality to talk back to the law, as to just taking it like a man and letting them arrest you. Why couldn't this fool just keep his mouth shut and let the officer cuff him and move on. He had to say something I'm sure. The cop wasn't right, but I know if I were in that position I would let the cop cuff me and not say a word. Some people have that thug mentality in them still and thing it is a must do to look tough in front of the police. Especially with the crowd right there watching every move. I pour my drink for the passing, but in the end don't fight with police. YOU WILL NOT WIN!

P.S the members who want to start riots over this. If Martin Luther king were here today would he go start a riot? Try being non-violent for once and maybe someone will hear you out.
No, you my friend, are ignorant and dumb. If this was a black cop, asian cop, hispanic cop, it would still go down. Just cause the man postedsomething about the black panther party SPIRIT, I can see it got your panties in a bunch. You said that you would keep quiet and let the cops cuff u. I woulddo the same too. BUT the victim might have felt he was innocent and WHY is this HAPPENING to me. So he resisted. WATCH THE VIDEO. Do you think RESISTING arrestwhile laying on your belly, with 3 grown train police officers warrant a GUNSHOT to the BACK? Come on man, be serious. Those officers could have easily put himin a choke hold, beat him with a baton, etc, etc ,etc.

watching nbc 11 news right now.
they said the cop that shot oscar grant quit his job so bart can't make him talk and he's taking the fifth to prevent incriminating himself orsomething

Boy oh boy cops stay shootin minorities huh? I would say the officer is going to jail for life but after what happened to Sean Bell.....I just dont knowanymore
smh.gif

Regardless if the he was going to use his taser gun or not, the dude was still on his stomach with a bunch of police surrounding him.

-The Juice

Originally Posted by SoLeCiTy

this is very sad, I planned on joining the police force next year but this has def. changed my mind.... i cant believe it!!! I wonder what Obama thinks of this!
Yeah, Obama's in office now! he's gonna solve all our problems!!!

So based on this incident you're going to just throw in the towel on something you wanted to do? Based on the actions of one cop? Out of thousands in thiscountry who don't shoot people at random?

I just got back from Oakland a few hours ago.... I don't know what happened but there was a couple blocks sealed off with cops rocking swat armour andsuch.

No joke I saw atleast 50 cops cars...
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom