New video of the Oscar Grant shooting

Man derrty6232, go on with your rationale. Oakland has had it's history with police brutality. You know the the riders and West Oakland. When it comes tothose 140 homicides. Yes innocent people get killed but a lot of those murders are over drugs and turf. This young man got executed. He was on his stomach withthree grown men on top of him AND he got shot. For real, I would be safe out there right now in that protest. The protest has disperse and the news reporterhas reported there hasn't been any case of VIOLENCE. People are just not cooperating with cops. Man, the media wants to make you scared, but I bet thisjust feels like a Raiders game.The people protesting have the same common belief, and that's injustice to what happen to this young man.

edit: Local news is reporting, the protesting crowd are not hostile. There have been two cases of burning a garbage can and car, but that's it.

Things I thought about after seeing this video a couple time:

1) I wonder how this whole thing would be going right now if there was no video footage. The cops would've probably said he reached for our weapon orsomething.

2) I wonder will the other cops testify against him. Police are always complaining about the stop snitching code in the streets, but nothing is stronger thanthat blue code of silence. I'm curious to see what they have to say happened.

Yes I know about the police brutality. I understand why people are upset and I don't mind the protests and but please don't burn innocentcivilians' cars...

Originally Posted by derrty6232

Yes I know about the police brutality. I understand why people are upset and I don't mind the protests and but please don't burn innocent civilians' cars...
I have to agree with u on that. But it's not as bad as the media is making it. There is no violence and the mayor is on ground zero talking tothe crowd. These people are following the mayor towards city hall. These people want to get their point across in a civilized way.

POINT BLANK MURDER. I dont care if he was reaching for a tazer or not.. it's CLEAR that the kid was NOT resisting and the cops were taking COMPLETEadvantage of the situation. Then he SHOOTS him. This cop should be locked away and beaten.

I know this though, if that police officer doesn't serve any time there will be a riot. Oakland will get down.

funny if the bullet hit the ground and came right back and got the cop right in the head especially since it was such close range. surprised only one persondied.

but this is a sad situation, the "i thought it was a taser" logic is bs. if you think about it why would you have a taser and a gun on the same sideof your belt hell directly next to each other? so situations like this wont come up "oh i thought it was my taser" sad thing is, someone died, andsomeone is getting off scott-free
smh.gif
there will def be riots in the next couple weeks in oakland/bay area/california

Man, they said, Grant(the victim) was working at a grocery store and left his daughter in the wake of his murder.

edit: Local news is reporting, the protesting crowd are not hostile. There have been two cases of burning a garbage can and car, but that's it.

laugh.gif
What the %%$$ are you talking about? Burning a car isn't hostilein your opinion?

Originally Posted by bmorekicks

Things I thought about after seeing this video a couple time:

1) I wonder how this whole thing would be going right now if there was no video footage. The cops would've probably said he reached for our weapon or something.

2) I wonder will the other cops testify against him. Police are always complaining about the stop snitching code in the streets, but nothing is stronger than that blue code of silence. I'm curious to see what they have to say happened.
1. that is exactly what would have happened. That happened with that case of the police shooting that Bell kid 170+ times when he was unarmed. Butsince there was no video footage, they said that it looked like he reached for a weapon of some sort.

2. No chance that the other cops in the situation will testify against him. They will of course side with the BART police that did the shooting, and likei've said earlier in the thread he will get off with a slap on the wrist in terms of criminal punishment.

Originally Posted by derrty6232

Burning trashcans? Tearing up police cars? Really? Where are the protests and outrage for oakland's 140+ yearly homicides?

QFE

Originally Posted by Dr 715

laugh.gif
What the %%$$ are you talking about? Burning a car isn't hostile in your opinion?
that's just a couple of people. Man, if it was a hostile environment, the mayor wouldn't be at ground zero, believe that.The media likesto take a small secluded situation and glamorize it to make it like the whole movement is like that. Think man.

Crazy stuff... yeah Oscar was on my baseball team back in Babe Ruth..... sad tho, definitely unnecessary, even to taze him was od

This is my opinion of the whole situation.

1. I think the cops adrenaline was VERY high since the guys at first were resisiting and yelling at them (you don't see this in the video) and the copsjust broke up a fight. TONS of people are yelling at the Cops and this is making the Cops more hostile and more mad.

2. I think the officer just made a mistake but he should pay for it. I honestly think he wanted to get his taser and in the heat of the moment he got his gunand shot. I know that in crucial situations in which your body is stressed and your body is in "fight or flight mode" (im a psych major so I'mtrying to get into the cops mind) you make mistakes without consent or without thinking about consequences. I'm guessing the officer just couldn'thandle stressful situations and maybe wasn't trained properly who knows.

3. What I do know is an innocent person passed away due to this and nothing will bring him back. I do hope justice is served because even though this officermight have not intended to KILL he did take away someones life.

4. I read in the newspaper today that in the past 20 years in Alameda county that an officer has yet to be convicted of a murder.

5. If you think about it the officers just had to handcuff them and sit them down. Then have the bart train leave since the people yelling were only makingmatters worst. They should of just calm things down and just start asking questions and wait for additional back up.

Originally Posted by DeeeK

Crazy stuff... yeah Oscar was on my baseball team back in Babe Ruth..... sad tho, definitely unnecessary, even to taze him was od

I completely agree with you on this one. I think in that situation no weapons should have been drawn what so ever. Grant or any of the other guys were noteven super resisting or threatening. I just don't get it!

Originally Posted by jordan723

4. I read in the newspaper today that in the past 20 years in Alameda county that an officer has yet to be convicted of a murder.
that's really all there is to kno about this situation. and i highly doubt that this will change.

I agree with you that the situation was hectic and the cops should have calmed things down but aren't cops trained to deal with these kind ofsituations?

The mayor tried to dispurse the crowd and tell them to wait for an investigation to go through, but protesters are having none of it now. I see them kickingout headlights and breaking windows.

The protest is on some Rodney King type stuff right now. I remember seeing this the first time and couldn't believe that the PIG shot the guy. I livearound here in the Bay Area, but I want to know if this story is national in your local news?

Originally Posted by ericberry14

that's really all there is to kno about this situation. and i highly doubt that this will change.
Thats probably because theres a difference between "manslaughter" and "murder"....

Originally Posted by ericberry14

Like I said if it goes down like that, it's gonna be a sad day in Oakland. Right when Oakland is trying to bring business to downtown, we havethis happen to us.

Back
Top Bottom