New video of the Oscar Grant shooting

this kids shouldnt have been acting up in the 1st place... if he didnt act up , he wouldnt have gotten in this predicament.

also.......all these cats complaining about cops... imagine a world without cops........

Originally Posted by Dunkman23

this kids shouldnt have been acting up in the 1st place... if he didnt act up , he wouldnt have gotten in this predicament.

also.......all these cats complaining about cops... imagine a world without cops........

TRUTH.

Originally Posted by Kobe Fan

TRUTH.

you guys are right. they shouldnt have acted up, which is why the cops detained them and cuffed them. that is their job. thats it! they have no right toshoot an unarmed man, let alone an unarmed man that is handcuffed who can do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to harm them or endanger them! there was nothing in the videothat justifies the use of DEADLY force. an officers use of a gun is supposed to be a last resort.

not saying $%$+ the cops...im saying $%$+ the stupid, dirty, power hungry cops! this dude deserves the death penalty.

Did you make the assumption that he acted up or did you basing your statement on what you actually witnessed?
They haven't been able to confirm whether Oscar had been part of those"acting up" yet. Some are saying he wasn't originally involved.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Originally Posted by 22 Deuces 22

I don't know , for some reason this whole thing just seems like it was an accident . If a cop had the balls to do this , after the gunshot went off , he wouldn't have been trying to explain to the other officer what happened . He would have just cuffed him like they did after wards . It looks as if the gunshot went off , the cop was trying to explain how it happened , the other cop was like "it's gonna be ok , it's gonna be ok , let's just cuff him".
Honestly...what the #+*% are you talking about?
I took would like to know as I am really confused.

I'm saying like , if it wasn't an accident , the cop wouldn't of had an reaction to the gunshot .

Originally Posted by Jehul

Did you make the assumption that he acted up or did you basing your statement on what you actually witnessed?
They haven't been able to confirm whether Oscar had been part of those"acting up" yet. Some are saying he wasn't originally involved.
Cops usually dont hold someone down if they didnt do anything wrong. ... there was obviously a reason why there was multiple cops holding himdown.

So you have an assumption that this cat was clearly inocent?

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

so acting up= you deserve to get shot in the back??? great reasoning
Not at all, but if he didnt get himself into this situation, he wouldnt have gotten killed? correct? accident or not....

he's still an innocent victim as far as the murder is concerned...

that dude was facin the floor laying down,,no need to shoot him,that cop is a coward ,, just like the majority of them my boy was shot by a cop here in queensback in 02 he was unarmed aswell he was in a scuffle withs someone else and the pig just got in between them and was in plain clothes didnt identify himselfand pulled out n shot my boy in da chest twice nothing happen to the cop,, ,, this cops is worse cuz this kid was face down on da floor ,, so what if the kidwas acting up who gives a f ,, u never acted up? that gives the porker the right to shoot him ,, sometimes trouble looks for us and we happen to get caughtin middle of things , cops get paid to settle situations properly not kill unarmed people,, this situation was not hectic at all ,cop killed for no reason,,

Last I read, they were unable to confirm if he was involved in the fight or not.

Granted, this guy did not deserve to get shot. The more I read up on it, the more I think of it. I think of the cops reaction after he shot Oscar Grant. Personally, upon seeing the footage, it looked like he knew that he made a mistake.

Most of you are running with it and talking #+!# about cops, due to the resentment from a petty experience. I've received the stink eye from cops, andalso been pulled over for no damn reason. However, I understand their mentality. Especially with the way these "goons" that people seem to glorify,act up.

Does the cop deserve to lose his job? Yes, he does.

Does the cop deserve the murder charge? I don't know, it seems as if that was only done to appease all the people that are on the verge of rioting. To behonest, I know a young mans life was taken away, but was he himself innocent, that is in question. It was a fateful night and one life ended and the otherwill be changed forever (might as well be ended).

Then you have all these fools going out and %++@*%% up other people's property, in the name of Oscar Grant,
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
. If it was your ride getting kicked in or burned, how would you feel? That those dudes need to be shot, irony,
laugh.gif

Like I said, it has happened before:

A Madera, Calif., police officer killed a man when he was handcuffed in the back seat of a police car in 2002, Klinger said. The victim was a young Latino who had been arrested when police tried to break up a party.

The officer said she meant to subdue the victim -- who was trying to kick out a car window -- with a Taser. Instead she used her service revolver.

Prosecutors in that case decided not to charge the officer, saying there was no criminal intent. Mehserle, however, could receive as much as 25 years to life if he is convicted of murder, with an additional 25 years because he used a gun.
Funny, how a Police Officer committs this crime and all the family see's is $$$$$$$$$$$$,
roll.gif
. What about all the innocent people that don't see a cent when one ofthese goons murders someone.

It is what it is, I just didn't like how fast the family came out with the lawsuit.

Does the cop deserve the murder charge? Of course he does.

He needs to be treated like any other citizen. If a regular citizen would of killed somebody, be it accident or not they would still be charged I believe. Noreason to make an exception because he's a cop.

The kid got shot for MAYBE getting in a fight? How many times have any of us gotten into fights in public? Those are things that just happen. So stop itwith that "if he wouldnt of got in trouble nothing would of happened" talk.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

so acting up= you deserve to get shot in the back??? great reasoning
Not at all, but if he didnt get himself into this situation, he wouldnt have gotten killed? correct? accident or not....
yes true. But cops were very strict on new year's of course. Everyone was intoxicated.

Originally Posted by tee eye ehm

TRUTH.

you guys are right. they shouldnt have acted up, which is why the cops detained them and cuffed them. that is their job. thats it! they have no right to shoot an unarmed man, let alone an unarmed man that is handcuffed who can do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to harm them or endanger them! there was nothing in the video that justifies the use of DEADLY force. an officers use of a gun is supposed to be a last resort.

not saying $%$+ the cops...im saying $%$+ the stupid, dirty, power hungry cops! this dude deserves the death penalty.
thats ridiculous. it was obviously a careless accident, not cold blooded murder. the guy deserves to be punished, but he wasnt out that dayhunting black kids.

33.jpg

According to Allhiphop.com:

Johannes Mehserle, the former police officer seen on tape shooting a face-down, unarmed Oscar Grant in the back, has officially been charged with murder.

Mehserle was arrested Tuesday night (January 13) in Zephyr Cove, Nevada.

The New Year's Day shooting has sparked outrage and protests in the city of Oakland, with many accusing BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) of having a historyof racially motivated violence against young black men.

In 1992, a BART policeman shot 19 year-old Jerrold Hall in the back after the teenager attempted to flee a parking lot.

Although Hall was unarmed, the officer was acquitted on the grounds that he felt threatened Hall would return with a weapon.

In 2001, an unarmed, mentally-handicapped homeless man named Bruce Seward was shot and killed following a police confrontation outside a BART train station.

According to Merrick Bobb, executive director of the Police Assessment Resource Center, police officers are rarely charged with murder for killings made in theline of duty.

"The fact of a prosecution of a police officer in these circumstances is quite rare," Bobb stated to the Los Angeles Times.

"The police are given a substantial amount of leeway when they perceive themselves to be in danger of death or serious injury."

Last week, an Oakland protest resulted in more than 100 arrests.

Yesterday (January 14), another protest was completed peacefully with no reports of arrests or property damage.

At press time, Mehserle's attorney Christopher Miller is expected to use a defense centering on the fatal gunshot being an accidental discharge.

"We're going to contest those charges vigorously," Miller stated at a Sacramento news conference.

Oscar Grant III was 22-years old and the father of a 4-year old daughter at the time of his death.

Last week, Bay Area rapper Mistah F.A.B. released a dedication song entitled "My Life (Oscar Grant Tribute)."

He needs to be treated like any other citizen. If a regular citizen would of killed somebody, be it accident or not they would still be charged I believe. No reason to make an exception because he's a cop.
That is the problem, they aren't just any other citizen. These guys carry weapons as part of the job description. What if he was going forhis tazer? It happens, people jumping to conclusions as if he meant to kill Oscar Grant. Looking at the reaction, it looks as if that wasn't hisintention. There was no excuse to use deadly force, none whatsoever. However when there is a cop on your upper body, maybe there was some resistance and hefelt the need to subdue the perp. He reached for his tazer, instead used his service weapon.

It is funny how most are saying to not jump to conclusions in regards to Oscar Grant being in that situation. Yet, most are jumping to conclusions and makingasinine statements about the Police Officer, that is now in this predicament.

this dude deserves the death penalty.
You are in the wrong country, ##!+ doesn't go down like that here, even for normal people that commit murder,
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

He needs to be treated like any other citizen. If a regular citizen would of killed somebody, be it accident or not they would still be charged I believe. No reason to make an exception because he's a cop.
That is the problem, they aren't just any other citizen. These guys carry weapons as part of the job description. What if he was going for his tazer? It happens, people jumping to conclusions as if he meant to kill Oscar Grant. Looking at the reaction, it looks as if that wasn't his intention. There was no excuse to use deadly force, none whatsoever. However when there is a cop on your upper body, maybe there was some resistance and he felt the need to subdue the perp. He reached for his tazer, instead used his service weapon.

problem for the officer is that the tazer and gun are on opposite sides of the belt...

^ exactly. That's why they're trained so things like that don't happen.

and plus....how are you not going to tell the difference between a gun and a tazer?

At the 1:47 mark I'm pretty sure the dude that's handcuffed (right side, wearing all black) is screaming "HE DIDN'T FIGHT!"

Everybody who is saying the kid was acting up, ^^^ read that.

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

and plus....how are you not going to tell the difference between a gun and a tazer?
lack of training for the heat of the moment. maybe this cop can turn around and sue the city for being cut loose on the streets unprepared.

Originally Posted by mr delorean

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

lack of training for the heat of the moment. maybe this cop can turn around and sue the city for being cut loose on the streets unprepared.
What city?

At the 1:47 mark I'm pretty sure the dude that's handcuffed (right side, wearing all black) is screaming "HE DIDN'T FIGHT!"

Everybody who is saying the kid was acting up, ^^^ read that.
I am not trying to defend the Officer, although it sounds like it (
laugh.gif
), like everything I like to put myself in someones shoes and get both sides of the story straight. I guess I like to give people the benefit ofthe doubt, even goons.

The reaction that the Officer had right after, he was shook, shows that it wasn't intentional. Still, he took a life and should be punished, maybe notwith murder.

Second, I've been in that situation before, a couple of times. I know not every situation is the same. However, when there is a scuffle at a public place(house party, in my case) and they line people they think are suspects, well they only get taken down like that if they have a sharp tongue or if they areresisting. I've been put in the same predicament as Oscar Grant, although it wasn't BART Police, but the Sheriff's Dept. Sat in the sidewalk, andcuffed, and wasn't uncuffed until they had their questions answered. I didn't act up in those situations, just gave answers to their questions. I've also seen dudes get taken down like Oscar Grant (No gunshots of course), for running their mouth or trying to act tough.

Their is a cause and effect here. Although there is no "cause" for the shooting, there more than likely was a "cause" for the takedown.

Originally Posted by mr delorean

Originally Posted by tee eye ehm

TRUTH.

you guys are right. they shouldnt have acted up, which is why the cops detained them and cuffed them. that is their job. thats it! they have no right to shoot an unarmed man, let alone an unarmed man that is handcuffed who can do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to harm them or endanger them! there was nothing in the video that justifies the use of DEADLY force. an officers use of a gun is supposed to be a last resort.

thats ridiculous. it was obviously a careless accident, not cold blooded murder. the guy deserves to be punished, but he wasnt out that day hunting black kids.

youre saying it yourself. he was being CARELESS! you cant be careless as a cop. you cant be careless as a cop pointing a gun. you cant be careless as a coppointing a gun at a handcuffed man lying face down on the floor.

Back
Top Bottom