New video of the Oscar Grant shooting

Originally Posted by Kneesh

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

Originally Posted by Gz on Jz

They said the cop thought it was a tazor, but it's still stupid to taze (sp?) someone while they're on the ground hand-cuffed. I see a lot more people out in Oakland the last week also, they better put that cop in jail before something pops off.
He wasn't handcuffed .

Let's say it again please .
He was handcuffed, look at the seconds before he got shot, they even said he was cuffed on the local news the day after it took place.

They handcuffed him after he was shot .
That wouldn't make sense, no they didn't. Why would a cop handcuff someone after they shot (or shock) them.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Gz on Jz

They said the cop thought it was a tazor, but it's still stupid to taze (sp?) someone while they're on the ground hand-cuffed. I see a lot more people out in Oakland the last week also, they better put that cop in jail before something pops off.
He wasn't handcuffed .

Let's say it again please .
He was handcuffed, look at the seconds before he got shot, they even said he was cuffed on the local news the day after it took place.

They handcuffed him after he was shot .
That wouldn't make sense, no they didn't. Why would a cop handcuff someone after they shot (or shock) them.
eyes.gif
he was handcuffed, unarmed, on the ground, 3 cops and entire crowd around him. What accident? Thats just cold blooded murder
smh.gif
smh.gif

why shoot or taser?

messed up thing that made me think about this and why cops really suck at times i was getting off he highway like 3 pm today and a highway cop pulled over avan full of kids and a mom and as he approached the window at the light the lady looked like she was gesturing to open the window and the cop grabs for hisholster with the quickness right infront of kids in the window and another kid in the passenger seat.. dude really expected lady to keep her hands on the wheeluntil he asked her to roll down the window and dam sure might have drawn the weapon if the lady didnt notice what he was doing and put her hands up as quick ashe went for the gun... its a pretty long light so i seen the shock on all the kids faces and the embarrasemet on the ladys face... its like what threat couldshe has posed for you to even think to draw your gun? she is gonna straight up pull out an ak on hillside ave 3pm with 5 kids in the car? Cops man that gun isso addictive to them

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Why would a cop handcuff someone after they shot (or shock) them
cops will always restrain a suspect they are taking into custody even when shot
I have a cousin that's a cop, they only cuff them after they're shot if they still feel threatened by the suspect. The cops looked pretty relaxed(other than the ones arguing with him) on the video before they shot him.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by CashmereThought96

messed up thing that made me think about this and why cops really suck i was getting off he highway like 3 pm today and a highway cop pulled over a van full of kids and a mom and as he approached the window at the light the lady looked like she was gesturing to open the window and the cop grabs for his holster with the quickness right infront of kids in the window and another kid in the passenger seat.. dude really expected lady to keep her hands on the wheel until he asked her to roll down the window and dam sure might have drawn the weapon if the lady didnt notice what he was doing and put her hands up as quick as he went for the gun... its a pretty long light so i seen the shock on all the kids faces and the embarrasemet on the ladys face... its like what threat could she has posed for you to even think to draw your gun? she is gonna straight up pull out an ak on hillside ave 3pm with 5 kids in the car? Cops man that gun is so addictive to them
you do know people have shot cops dead in front of their kids, right?

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

WOW. Already pressing charges on some of the protesters and they haven't done anything to the cop???????
smh.gif
Ain't that the truth??? Off topic, but when u watching 48 hours, and these officers gather enough evidence, they press charges in less than 2days. Man, they got this on videotape , Regardless if it's an accident or not, the victim, in no way, shape or form, was a threat to the officer that shothim.

it was an accident people! comon now. what kind of cop would just shoot someone infront of soo many people? just let it be..he's going to live with thisfor the rest of his life knowing he accidently killed someone,which that sucks...

Originally Posted by Hugo

it was an accident people! comon now. what kind of cop would just shoot someone infront of soo many people? just let it be..he's going to live with this for the rest of his life knowing he accidently killed someone,which that sucks...
So what if it's an accident, it still doesn't make sense to taze(sp?) him while he's laying flat on the ground HANDCUFFED. Hedoesn't seem to be a threat to the cops (physically). For that reason the (former) cop should be charged for murder, accident of not.

it was an accident people! comon now. what kind of cop would just shoot someone infront of soo many people? just let it be..he's going to live with this for the rest of his life knowing he accidently killed someone,which that sucks...
you will be surprised

That's why the D.A. has to charge him with manslaughter. But I'm feeling iffy about it now. It's like a bigger thing is going on, notin the view of the public. There's 3 investigations, unions, and city officials involve. I'm a union member myself, so I know that you support yourbrothers and sisters at all times. But in this case, wrong is wrong. It feels like a straight mini- conspiracy is going on.

IT IS NOT ILLOGICAL TO CUFF A SUSPECT AFTER THEY SHOOT THEM . COPS DO IT ALL THE TIME . THEY TASE THE VICTIM , TO GET THEM TO CALM DOWN . THAT'S THE REASONFOR DOING IT , SO THEY CAN ARREST THEM . IF YOU'RE CLUELESS ABOUT WHAT COPS DO , WHY TALK ABOUT WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW ? DAMN . IF COPS DID CUFF THENSHOOT/TASER , IT WOULD MAKE NO SENSE &ND THEY WOULD ALL GO TO JAIL .

I don't know , for some reason this whole thing just seems like it was an accident . If a cop had the balls to do this , after the gunshot went off , hewouldn't have been trying to explain to the other officer what happened . He would have just cuffed him like they did after wards . It looks as if thegunshot went off , the cop was trying to explain how it happened , the other cop was like "it's gonna be ok , it's gonna be ok , let's justcuff him".

But that's just me ...

[h1]BART officials complete shooting investigation[/h1]

Demian Bulwa,Henry K. Lee, Chronicle Staff Writers

(01-12) 14:40 PST Oakland --

BART police wrapped up their preliminary investigation today of the officer-involved shooting early New Year's Day of an unarmed man in Oakland and have forwarded the case to the Alameda County district attorney's office, officials said.

The decision on whether former Officer Johannes Mehserle will face criminal prosecution in the shooting death of 22-year-old Oscar Grant of Hayward now rests with prosecutors, said BART General Manager Dorothy Dugger.

"Now it is the district attorney's responsibility to decide whether to file charges in this case," Dugger said at a hastily arranged news conference at BART headquarters in Oakland. "We urge the district attorney to expeditiously review all the evidence available to him and bring this investigation to a conclusion."

BART officers had detained Grant and several other BART passengers at about 2 a.m. as they investigated a fight aboard a train from San Francisco.

Grant was lying face-down when Mehserle pulled his service weapon from his holster and fired one shot into his back. The incident was captured by at least two people with cell phone cameras.

Mehserle resigned Wednesday rather than answer questions from BART investigators. His departure came the same day Grant was buried and, later that night, a peaceful protest at the Fruitvale BART station erupted into a violent protest in downtown Oakland, where demonstrators set cars on fire and broke windows at dozens of businesses. By night's end, police arrested 105 people.

But the anger has not subsided, and some local city and community leaders have demanded that Mehserle be arrested and charged with murder.

District Attorney Tom Orloff said Thursday that he would determine whether Mehserle would face charges in two weeks. Oakland police are also investigating the shooting.

At today's news conference, BART Police Chief Gary Gee said his department did not forward any recommendation on whether the former officer should be prosecuted. The chief also declined to say whether the department had concluded as to whether Mehserle fired accidentally or purposefully.

Gee said seven BART officers who were present at the time of the shooting and 14 witnesses were interviewed within the first six to eight hours after the shooting. All together, some 40 people have been interviewed, Gee said.

The chief declined to discuss specifics about what led to the shooting, citing an ongoing investigation.

Today's announcement came as BART's board of directors was scheduled to appoint a committee to figure out ways to avoid such shootings in the future.

In a statement, the union that represents BART's 296 police officers and other personnel said today, "It is our hope that this brings everyone one step closer to finding out all relevant details and ensuring this type of incident never repeats itself." The union also said that establishing the new committee "is an appropriate course of action."

E-mail the writers at [email protected] and [email protected].

IT IS NOT ILLOGICAL TO CUFF A SUSPECT AFTER THEY SHOOT THEM . COPS DO IT ALL THE TIME . THEY TASE THE VICTIM , TO GET THEM TO CALM DOWN . THAT'S THE REASON FOR DOING IT , SO THEY CAN ARREST THEM . IF YOU'RE CLUELESS ABOUT WHAT COPS DO , WHY TALK ABOUT WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW ? DAMN . IF COPS DID CUFF THEN SHOOT/TASER , IT WOULD MAKE NO SENSE &ND THEY WOULD ALL GO TO JAIL .

I don't know , for some reason this whole thing just seems like it was an accident . If a cop had the balls to do this , after the gunshot went off , he wouldn't have been trying to explain to the other officer what happened . He would have just cuffed him like they did after wards . It looks as if the gunshot went off , the cop was trying to explain how it happened , the other cop was like "it's gonna be ok , it's gonna be ok , let's just cuff him".

But that's just me ...
an accident could be an accident, but there's no reason the gun should be out in the first place!!!

ppl go to prison all the time for accidental shootings because there's no way to prove the intent.

and also, how did you expect the guy to react? he wasn't gonna start jumping up and down celebrating...

This is ridiculous. Every person trying to justify what the cop did obviously hasn't ever dealt with this kind of situation before. My brother got the +@@@beaten out of him by Detroit cops for "resisting arrest" when he wasn't doing anything. And AFTER he was in the cop car IN CUFFS the cop got inthe car and punched him again in the face. SOME OF THESE PEOPLE WHO ARE SUPPOSED TO BE PROTECTING US ARE TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THEIR POWER.. GET IT THROUGH YOURLITTLE HEADS. No matter what the situation, this dude better be guilty for murder.. even if he really "thought it was his taser" How are you gonna behired as a cop and not know the difference between your taser and your gun? This is bull and I'm sickened.

I don't know , for some reason this whole thing just seems like it was an accident . If a cop had the balls to do this , after the gunshot went off , he wouldn't have been trying to explain to the other officer what happened . He would have just cuffed him like they did after wards . It looks as if the gunshot went off , the cop was trying to explain how it happened , the other cop was like "it's gonna be ok , it's gonna be ok , let's just cuff him".
Honestly...what the #+*% are you talking about?

Originally Posted by 22 Deuces 22

Honestly...what the #+*% are you talking about?

I took would like to know as I am really confused.

Back
Top Bottom