New Westbrook signature shoe? (Pic)

Unc pe
DT7c5u1X4AUBsNY.jpg

I think I'm going for the Kyrie 4s over this since they count under the 30% off disco at Footlocker and then picking these up after a CW I like drops. The UNCs look sexy.

is there a code for that 30% off dicsount?

want to try the Kyrie4 now too since they finally put some form of cushion in the forefoot

is there a code for that 30% off dicsount?

want to try the Kyrie4 now too since they finally put some form of cushion in the forefoot

There is in Canada, but it only works in store for the Kyries. Not online annoyingly enough.

Came in today and was expecting to have a harder time slipping into these, considering others experience with them. It wasn't as difficult as I was expecting and definitely feels like they'll break in over time but on feet feels great. I actually had a harder time getting into the Kyrie 4's. I do agree with others that have said these have a bit of extra room in the toe/length. Excited to try these on court.
2018-01-19 04.23.50 1.jpg
2018-01-19 04.23.50 2.jpg

mine came today, initial negative thoughts:
- putting on was a squeeze .. went TTS ... not as much of a squeeze as the KD9 but its what you'd expect from a 1 piece glove fit
- I have about a thumbs width space between my big toe and the end of the shoe, because of the upper I can feel the fold in the shoe easily when i put pressure on my toes (hoping this doesnt effect performance)
- shoe is slightly heavier than the kyrie 4 ( i would of expected westbrooks shoe to be light af due to his playstyle)

Positive thoughts (woooooooooo)
- for $125 its definitely worth picking up , looks great imo i'm waiting to play tomorrow then i can decide if its P4P the best shoe im rotating (got 2 pairs of kobe mid a.d and the kyrie confetti 4s)
- the support around the ankle is incredible, i've had ankle surgery so i'm always skeptical. I have tried purposely rolling / bending it in awkward directions and i feel great so far. I was worrying about the strap but its honestly really well made
- the fit is great, despite the thumb gap it fits so snug and just jumpin in them in the house i felt the full length zoom

i will be playing in them tomorrow for roughly 3 hours so i'll give my full opinion then. I am hoping that they dont squeeze as i have slightly wider feet and i remember my quai 54 XXX were such a painful shoe to break in. i also hope the translucent sole isn't slippery as some have said

mine came today, initial negative thoughts:
- putting on was a squeeze .. went TTS ... not as much of a squeeze as the KD9 but its what you'd expect from a 1 piece glove fit
- I have about a thumbs width space between my big toe and the end of the shoe, because of the upper I can feel the fold in the shoe easily when i put pressure on my toes (hoping this doesnt effect performance)
- shoe is slightly heavier than the kyrie 4 ( i would of expected westbrooks shoe to be light af due to his playstyle)

Positive thoughts (woooooooooo)
- for $125 its definitely worth picking up , looks great imo i'm waiting to play tomorrow then i can decide if its P4P the best shoe im rotating (got 2 pairs of kobe mid a.d and the kyrie confetti 4s)
- the support around the ankle is incredible, i've had ankle surgery so i'm always skeptical. I have tried purposely rolling / bending it in awkward directions and i feel great so far. I was worrying about the strap but its honestly really well made
- the fit is great, despite the thumb gap it fits so snug and just jumpin in them in the house i felt the full length zoom

i will be playing in them tomorrow for roughly 3 hours so i'll give my full opinion then. I am hoping that they dont squeeze as i have slightly wider feet and i remember my quai 54 XXX were such a painful shoe to break in. i also hope the translucent sole isn't slippery as some have said

How's the step in comfort vs the Kyrie's? Just bought those and I'm super surprised at the Cushlon comfort in the forefoot.

I bought the Y Not Zero's and was on the fence on keeping them. I love the graphics on the shoe even tho the shoe is ugly/fire at the same time. Now these reviews are coming in I will keep them, but I will brush up on my hooping before using them. I think the 1st colorway says look at me I'm here to ball out on yall and I ain't trying to bring that static to the court and get crossed, dunked on and go 0-16 from the field. I'll graduate into these after getting myself into better playing shape.

they feel like two different shoes. when i stepped into the Kyrie's i felt like i was wearing the kobe 1 again. soft and plushy would be how i would describe them. when i step into the westbrook, it just feels like a glove. more compression. You definitely notice the heel being slightly heavier and bulkier.

they feel like two different shoes. when i stepped into the Kyrie's i felt like i was wearing the kobe 1 again. soft and plushy would be how i would describe them. when i step into the westbrook, it just feels like a glove. more compression. You definitely notice the heel being slightly heavier and bulkier.

Interesting. I'm hoping these get to GR status by the summer so I can actually try them on. It seems to be going that way outside of the mirror image release right? Thanks for the info!

Haven't played in these yet, but after walking around in them for a little bit I'll say that they fit TTS width and almost a full size long. I'd still recommend going TTS (especially if you don't have narrow feet) because the lockdown is so solid that you won't notice the extra length.

So general consensus half size down?
If you're using these to hoop and you double sock often, going TTS is probably your best bet. The shoes run really narrow (similar to the KD line) but really, really long. If you just use one pair of thick, cushioned socks like Nike Elites, you can get away with half a size down.

Okay, so i just came back from my run.

first play, full court - fastbreak off an outlet pass - layup - felt great.
second play, come down into a half court set, cut through the lane, go to plant my left foot and it dragged, and i completely roll it. fml.
HOWEVER: im not sure whether this is due to my laziness when i dragged my foot. or whether fresh out of the box these damn things have so much traction. i'm telling you whoever said the translucent sole had no traction was definitely wrong.

nonetheless i sat out for 5 mins, switched into my confettis for 30 to get warm again then laced up and were all good to go. finished the session in the Zer0.1 and had no more issues, just a little soreness on my ankle.

Overall i rate the shoe. the lockdown is nuts, however the heel cup is definitely weighty and u can notice it. next time i play is thursday, if anyone wants an update on traction - lockdown - or whether my *** hits the deck again after a second 2-3 hour session in them, then I will gladly post it up.

Back
Top Bottom