[[ NEW YORK METS 2009 OFFSEASON POST: Beltran ahead of schedule ]]

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

CitiField looks sick!... btw, orange seats would look terrible in this park... It's just very tacky, IMO
I've gotta agree with that. This isn't royal blue, very 80s Shea anymore, you put orange seats in it and it wouldn't blend well. Iwould've liked to see a some blue though.

It looks incredible overall and I'm excited to go to some games there.

i agree with no orange seats. But the black walls are just to dark. Considering how big the walls are, there is too much black/darkness going on.

Needs either shortened walls or blue walls.

Good old Ollie...

Who saw that throw from Murphy to nail Pedroia at 2nd? Nasty.

Ollie didn't even look ready for the season even in his last start.

Its just Ollie being Ollie you know what you're going to get.

Reed is such a damn steal.

Just tryin' to steal Mez' thunder...

The Jackie Robinson Rotunda is gorgeous. Some great lighting/shading.

3413360080_99841f39e4.jpg

3413362190_17faae0e06.jpg

Finally, a view from center field.

3412556415_3242a0ef46.jpg

Just a generic view of the stats board.

3413361240_d9532ebd38.jpg

View from the upper deck.

3412555377_3a94ab9a24.jpg

The only problem with the stadium is the wind. I know today was particularly windy, but there are going to be some gusts because of the stadiumconstruction. Other than that, the concessions are great, the bathrooms are great, and there isn't a single bad seat in the house.

Following today's game, Gary Sheffield talked to reporters from the podium in the media room at Citi Field.

Sheffield said it's been a dream of his to play for the Mets, ever since his uncle, Dwight Gooden, played for the team.

He says he nearly joined the Mets three or four times before, during his major league career.

"When I was with the Brewers, it was mentioned," he explained. "I know my uncle said they had my jersey made, but it didn't happen."

Sheffield said Gooden is 'ecstatic,' pointing out, 'He's been blowing my phone up all day.'

Sheffield added, "I realize I am at a point in my career that I am not the marquee guy to demand a position. I want to win a championship. If its comingoff the bench, I am willing to do that."

Sheffield said that David Wright and other players called him during the last week, all while the Phillies, Reds, Rays and other teams were pursuing him.

According to Sheffield, "That was one of the biggest reasons I came here. When the face of the franchise calls you… When he made that phone call,that's what made my decision."

By the way, Sheffield will wear jersey No. 10.

Sheffield added, "I realize I am at a point in my career that I am not the marquee guy to demand a position. I want to win a championship. If its coming off the bench, I am willing to do that."

He is saying all the right things but we shall see how he can adjust his game.

If this were a younger Sheff I could see a problem arising quickly, but hes 40 so maybe this won't be much of an issue after all.

Jerry will give him his reps.

Yup, sheff said all the right things. We should just wait and see what happens.

The Pepsi porch seats in right field were amazing. Like I said earlier in the post, I had field level seats for Friday Nights game and I took a walk around thestadium like many others did.

The seats I have gotten from a family friend's season tickets were in 505. I went there and did not like the glass to the steps when sitting in row 1 inthose first two seats.

but the porch was awesome. for a seat in right field where you are behind the field, the seats were great. I would not mind getting a small package if theyever offered it in those seats.

Citi Field is amazing in person, seriously.

If I didn't have to be somewhere at 1:30, I would've stayed at Citi all day until security had to kick me out,
roll.gif

n27600029_35991935_2409197.jpg

Got Jerry Manuel's autograph
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

n27600029_35991931_7774445.jpg

n27600029_35991932_3000374.jpg

When did they paint the "grass" black by the Home Run Apple?

n27600029_35991938_3302391.jpg

Sheffield speaking with Chris Carlin. Sheff did hit a HR during BP...

n27600029_35991936_7728462.jpg

The "Porch" and that pedestrian walkway were PACKED with people...definitely gonna be a spot to chill

n27600029_35991949_1812994.jpg

Just look for a sig you like, then copy and paste it.

And of course Sheff is gonna say all the right things guys!
laugh.gif

I for one do NOT believe that this leopard will change his spots.

But we'll see......

Back
Top Bottom