NEW YORK METS 2010 SEASON POST: Collins named New Manager

If Lee is dealt to the Mets, I can see Lee loving it here. Citifield is a great pitchers ballpark, and Jerry Manuel seems like a fun guy to play for. Plus, the chemistrty this year seems real good. Not to mention, he can stick it to the Phillies!

Yeah but the problem is he will want a long term deal 100M plus, Yankees will outbid and I don't want to sign a 30+ year old pitcher long term.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Yeah but the problem is he will want a long term deal 100M plus, Yankees will outbid and I don't want to sign a 30+ year old pitcher long term.

I understand what you mean.  However, Lee seems to have gotten better with age.  Lefty's usually take a while to develop.  But I understand why you wouldnt want to be saddled with 2 over 30 pitchers making 20+million (Santana and Lee)

Lilly seems like a interesting alternative to Lee. I think if we could get Lilly without having to give up all that much, but that might not be the case since he projects to be a type A free agent at the end of the year. He's an interesting pitcher to look at.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Nah, you're trading our top 3 prospects for a guy that's gone after the year. I'm not trading Mejia and Flores for nobody. One or the other, not both.
laugh.gif
F-Mart is a top 3 prospect of ours? yea maybe last year. dude can't stay healthy to save his life. and even when he is healthy, i don't see anything special about the kid as of right now.

Mejia looks replacable, simple as that.

Flores would be the one i would not wanna  trade. But you know if omar is trading these 3 together, you KNOW he's gonna sign Lee long term

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

Nah, you're trading our top 3 prospects for a guy that's gone after the year. I'm not trading Mejia and Flores for nobody. One or the other, not both.
laugh.gif
F-Mart is a top 3 prospect of ours? yea maybe last year. dude can't stay healthy to save his life. and even when he is healthy, i don't see anything special about the kid as of right now.

Flores would be the one i would not wanna  trade. But you know if omar is trading these 3 together, you KNOW he's gonna sign Lee long term
A 20 year old who did a decent job getting hitters out on the major league level without honing his secondary stuff is replaceable, alright, cool. You don't trade 20 year olds that throw 98 mph for a guy that you very well could wind up not resigning with your other two top prospects. Say what you want about F-Mart (and I personally don't care all that much about him), but at 21 he's still a top 3 prospect for this team. And they're going to want Thole before Santos, and I have no problem including him in a deal. We could deal with another year of Barajas and whoever. If we get Lee, it's probably going to be for Havens, F-Mart, Thole, and a pitcher or two not named Mejia.

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

laugh.gif

A 20 year old who did a decent job getting hitters out on the major league level without honing his secondary stuff is replaceable, alright, cool. You don't trade 20 year olds that throw 98 mph for a guy that you very well could wind up not resigning with your other two top prospects. Say what you want about F-Mart (and I personally don't care all that much about him), but at 21 he's still a top 3 prospect for this team. And they're going to want Thole before Santos, and I have no problem including him in a deal. We could deal with another year of Barajas and whoever. If we get Lee, it's probably going to be for Havens, F-Mart, Thole, and a pitcher or two not named Mejia.
eyes.gif

I would give up F-Mart and Mejia for Lee...I think we go all in this year to win a chip...plus I would actually like to sign Lee in the offseason and think he is worth it.

Polanco just got put on the DL, so I doubt he even plays in the game.
I'd be more inclined to trade Flores than Mejia. I just can't get rid of a 20 year old that throws 98 mph when he could be starting in a year and giving us the best rotation in baseball (if we sign Lee).

Flores is untouchable the kid is special, to me anyone in the minors is trade-able except Mejia/Flores/Havens.

If the Mets can somehow rob the M's like they did the Twins without giving up those three then you run away without looking.

I saw a Seattle article that stated the M's feel Thole is a better catching prospect than what the Twins have to offer but who knows. I'd love to have Thole eventually take the plate ina year or 2 since the guy can play, but for a guy like Lee you trade him if the M's want him.

If we get Lee, why keep him? Sure he is a "young" 30 years old but you can't give him a long term contract with ACE money when he probably has 3 years left in him in terms of straight dominance, Mets could let him walk and get two extra picks in this upcoming draft to total 4 picks in the first two rounds to stock up. Last thing I want are two 30 year old's with 100+ M contracts.

Posted on Metsblog a little while ago :

…in the last day or so, i have heard the Mariners like Kirk Nieuwenhuis… but, he’s hardly a big-time hitting prospect, at least in terms of minor league buzz… in talking with people from Seattle, it doesn’t sound to me like there is much interest in Angel Pagan, they see Josh Thole as an ‘interesting catcher,’ and they see Wilmer Flores as still being ‘years away,’ plus the M’s are said to be looking for players to help sooner than later… so, i’m not sure who the Mets can offer… unless, this is a Johan Santana Situation, in that the competition is so weak, maybe the Twins have no interest in parting with Wilson Ramos, and if other teams are not interested, then maybe it’s just the Mets…

Marlins stay beating the Mets.  Good effort on trying to come back but it was all for nothing
eyes.gif
Takahashi needs to go back to the pen.

Takahashi actually pitched pretty well except for 1 inning so Idk why you guys are sending him to the pen already.

Would rather have Maine or Perez back? jesus christ you guys are something else
smh.gif

Looks like we're back to normal. Great start from Santana wasted by a AAA lineup. Awful.

Back
Top Bottom