NEW YORK METS 2010 SEASON POST: Collins named New Manager

johan is washed up. who would have thought he'd be the weakest link on that rotation lately
smh.gif
this dude is like an automatic L  fastball topping 89 that aint gonna get it done to make the changeup work.

^ oh come on, I know Johan has not been his self lately but I think the surgery he had is still affecting his pitching. Hopefully he is not pitching injured, but hey on any given day I'd still throw Johan out there with confidence. Keep in mind his record should be better then 5-4 right now, so yea maybe he lost a bit but if the Mets actually scored runs for him during that great stretch he had he would be like 9-4 and we would just call this another bad start (look at Halladay lol he had some rough starts this year)

Ugh, all these line drives for outs, they gotta eventually drop.

Velocity doesn't mean anything esp if Johan hits 90-91 anyways, his problem the past 2 games has been location, just not as sharp recently.

Its not even the 2nd half, he's too great a pitcher to all of a sudden be "washed up".
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Ugh, all these line drives for outs, they gotta eventually drop.

Velocity doesn't mean anything esp if Johan hits 90-91 anyways, his problem the past 2 games has been location, just not as sharp recently.

Its not even the 2nd half, he's too great a pitcher to all of a sudden be "washed up".
grin.gif

he's averaging 89 every pitch. and he's been pitching like crap lately. and in this nice run the mets have had lately he's been the sole person that has been losing. this man won 16 games for us highest win total and all of a sudden thats great
laugh.gif
please im tired of this dude

So we are going by wins now knowing he gets the least run support from the team since Day 1?

Vs FLA 6 IP 1 ER (win)
@ STL 7 IP 0 ER (no decision)
Vs CHC 6.1 IP 1 ER (win)
Vs. LAD 6 IP 1 ER (win)
vs. SF 7.2 IP 4 ER (no decision)
@ FLA 7 IP 0 ER (no decision)
@ ATL 7 IP 2 ER (no decision)
Vs. NYY 7.2 IP 1 ER (win)
@ MIL 8 IP 0 ER (no decision)
@ SD 7 IP 0 ER (no decision)
Vs SD 6.2 IP 4 ER (loss)
@ CLE 7 IP 4 ER (win)

That's without the Philly game where he had nothing and the recent Yankee game (which was still 6IP 4 ER from one single bad pitch), god forbid he has a few off games. And every season he's been here he always has a so-so 1st half and a sick second half, this season he's actually been good. Just like hitters, slumps can happen for pitchers and its just a matter of location for him the past few games, just needs to find himself.

^ LOL... and how about that streak he had when he had like a below 1 ERA for 5 starts? Tired of this dude? He is still a top 10 pitcher in this league. Ever since Johan got here the Mets has never given him the run support or the bullpen gave up the lead. The 16 win season he had with us, that actually should have been a 20+ win season if we actually scored some runs. Are you serious about saying Johan is washed up? 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

So we are going by wins now knowing he gets the least run support from the team since Day 1?

Vs FLA 6 IP 1 ER (win)
Vs CHC 6.1 IP 1 ER (win)
Vs. LAD 6 IP 1 ER (win)
Vs SD 6.2 IP 4 ER (loss)
@ CLE 7 IP 4 ER (win)

That's without the Philly game where he had nothing and the recent Yankee game (which was still 6IP 4 ER from one single bad pitch), god forbid he has a few off games. And every season he's been here he always has a so-so 1st half and a sick second half, this season he's actually been good. Just like hitters, slumps can happen for pitchers and its just a matter of location for him the past few games, just needs to find himself.

i dont know if you are aware that this is a what have u done for me lately kinda town. look at his last 4 starts right when the mets start to get hot. 4 earned vs padres,4 earned against cleveland and wins,4 earned vs yanks loss,5 earned today and most likely another loss. last 4 starts have been bad. this man is not an ace anymore.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Vs FLA 6 IP 1 ER (win)
Vs CHC 6.1 IP 1 ER (win)
Vs. LAD 6 IP 1 ER (win)
Vs SD 6.2 IP 4 ER (loss)
@ CLE 7 IP 4 ER (win)

i dont know if you are aware that this is a what have u done for me lately kinda town. look at his last 4 starts right when the mets start to get hot. 4 earned vs padres,4 earned against cleveland and wins,4 earned vs yanks loss,5 earned today and most likely another loss. last 4 starts have been bad. this man is not an ace anymore.
You're a %+*%*$% idiot, real talk. He's had three bad innings all year that have hurt him. Just because he gives up 4 runs against a couple of teams (and battles out of it to go 6+ in those starts) doesn't mean he's washed up bum and isn't an ace anymore. Please, don't be a Mets fan anymore. You're a disgrace. Since he's got here Johan has been the only player that consistently delivered every time he was out there, hurt or not. *$@@ out of here with your what have you done lately for me !$%*+@%@, that's the kind of %@%@ you say when you're an ungrateful Yankee fan that gets off on trashing guys like Joe Torre and A-Rod.

I just do not understand how anyone could think Santana is washed up and a bum just off the fact that his stuff and control haven't been the same after is elbow surgery and his ERA is under 3.75. He hasn't had anything all year and is still getting the job done. You know what that shows? That shows that he knows how to pitch and what it takes to adjust and get by with what he has. I'd love to see Johan learn another pitch, maybe a two seamer or something that will help him change speeds better and make his change-up all the more effective.

Totally agree. Like I said before, Johan's w-l record does not show just how good he is for us and how he has battled each and everytime he goes out there to pitch for us. I know after the all star break Johan will make some adjustments (as do all great pitchers do) and we will continue seeing Johan be our ace and hopefully be flat out dominant. First season he should have won at least 20 games, last season he got injured but still won 13 games with 3.13 ERA and this year, well, he should be at 8-10 wins at least but hey we just couldn't score for him like always. Johan is and will still continue to be our ace and he has done nothing to give away that title.

Pavano
8c336d3919038cb35eafea494dd5b73bafd40646_r.gif

And uh...yeah we'll take your "washed up" pitcher back whenever
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
grin.gif

You should be a little concerned about Johan, there's no denying that. His stuff hasn't been the same, his control is off, but that isn't something to make you lose faith in him. The way he has battled all season is very impressive. In all of his poor starts (poor by Santana standards) he has gone at least 6. Guys that have nothing don't go 6 unless they know how to battle and get by with what they have, cough, cough, AJ Burnett.

Same way David lost "all his power", or Reyes will "never be the same player" ......Johan has been adjusting to that surgery that kind of thing takes a while, plus his velocity should normally be at 93 but that's not even the concern because that will come, its just been his location lately.

For someone adjusting and not using his slider as much (we can be sure to see it more after this last start), to have a mid 3 ERA is pretty good isn't it?

A guy like Lee puts us over the top but the Yankees will outbid any team this off season (with Burnett average and Andy getting older), plus last thing I want the Mets doing is giving up a top prospect with 4 pitches for a 30+ year old rental (or even signing that old guy to a long term contract). No thanks.

If the M's demand too much go for Oswalt, only 2 years on that contract.

It's so obvious that Oswalt is the more logical choice. He's making about the same money Lee will get this off-season, maybe even less, and it's only for two years. Why commit yourself to Lee who's going to want a 5 year deal when you could get Oswalt for the two years that you need him before Harvey is ready. It just doesn't make sense why the Wlpons would get stingy with his contract.

....and then Mejia becomes a great starter for the M's for years to come and Lee is pitching Game 1 to start the 2011 season @ Yankee stadium.

Yeah I'm not trading Mejia for anyone. I'd be more inclined to trade Flores, but even that's tough to consider. I could live with Lee as a rental if it meant we got him for F-Mart and some other prospects, maybe even Pagan, because at least then we get two compensation picks, which should be used to draft two talented players. But then again, you never know with the way this team has drafted over the years.

Mejia yanked in the second inning of his start today, 20 pitches shy of his allotment due to stiffness in his right shoulder.

11th shutout this season.

We can beat anyone at home.
pimp.gif

Time for PR, wish I could take a flight and catch a game.

Back
Top Bottom