New York Yankees Official Thread - vs Stros, 23-13

Rotation is worse when he catches as well.

Whatever. I guess.
I'd love for Trevino to catch every game but that's not realistic during the regular season. We could upgrade the bat at backup catcher but it's not worth messing with this battery imo.

I wouldn’t change anything there unless Trevino comes way back down (although that’s who he was in high school and after here in south Texas lol), and the only place I’d look would be Contreras. That’s probably the only real offensive upgrade at the position.

I’m not even arguing changing Trevino. He should play even more.

My argument is that Higgy is beyond bad. And for the way Boone manages catchers, it’s detrimental. Or if he’s going to manage catchers this way, it can’t be with Higgy as backup.

Sure Higgy can end up with a month where he’ll hit 4 homeruns and some extra base hits. But it hasn’t been there yet. Hell I’ll take a consistent single.

I'd love for Trevino to catch every game but that's not realistic during the regular season. We could upgrade the bat at backup catcher but it's not worth messing with this battery imo.

Play Rob Brantley and call it a day. DFA Higgy and be done with it. They’re the same age anyway. And as trash as Brantley is, he’s not this bad.

Or hell get a look at the younger guys.

But sure battery and all that. Nonsense and will always be nonsense.

Literally every pitcher that's ever lived says differently but you keep thinking what you want to.

Was a pitcher. Didn’t matter to me. I had it or I didn’t.

Good pitching staffs are loaded with talent. That’s how you become a top tier staff. We can go back to year after year of Pudge Rodriguez.

Was a pitcher. Didn’t matter to me. I had it or I didn’t.

Good pitching staffs are loaded with talent. That’s how you become a top tier staff. We can go back to year after year of Pudge Rodriguez.
And that staff would have been worse without Pudge. It matters. As I've said before, it's why people way smarter than your or I in terms of baseball almost always defer to defense first at catcher.

And little league doesn't count. :wink:

Didn’t know dblplay1212 dblplay1212 had a cup of coffee in the big leagues.

Now go sit back on your couch, and reflect on your rather successful baseball career. Because clearly it was and that’s why you’re working for the big show in town.

Didn’t know dblplay1212 dblplay1212 had a cup of coffee in the big leagues.

Now go sit back on your couch, and reflect on your rather successful baseball career. Because clearly it was and that’s why you’re working for the big show in town.
Haha na I wasn't great. I did play D1 and that’s where I really saw the difference. Catching was way important in college than hs and even more so in the pros than college. Really not trying to have this debate again so we can just enjoy this fun game tonight. Cheers.

Haha na I wasn't great. I did play D1 and that’s where I really saw the difference. Catching was way important in college than hs and even more so in the pros than college. Really not trying to have this debate again so we can just enjoy this fun game tonight. Cheers.
Was a catcher, played D1, and played rookie ball for the Sox (I know, I know). A lot more guys had a preference on their catcher.

One thing I must say is that we hit a lot of Solo shots.

It’d be nice to have Judge hit these HR’s with runners on.

Back
Top Bottom