New York Yankees Official Thread - at Phils; 64-45 - Jazz Show is LIVE

Small samples sizes produce dumb numbers. You don't pay or not pay someone bc of 4 games.

I agree… But this isn’t his first postseason of Judge looking like me at the plate. Stanton rises to the occasion in the postseason but Judge continues to be nonexistent.

All that being said, sign him to whatever, but 4 years straight of looking like garbage at the plate in the off-season is kinda odd.

Fire Cashman, fire Boone, sell the team.

At this point, only reason to resign Judge is to have him at least help us make the playoffs because how do you go from competing to win the triple crown, to doing absolutely nothing in the post season. He scared, no dog in him. He's sucked in the post season. As has most of the team and it should be noted. I'm at a point where if he walks, cool, don't care. Good luck.

That’s what really trips me out.

Judge was so disciplined and relaxed at the plate all season. Forget about the HR’s he still drew a bunch of walks and hit so well. He was so focused.

Come the playoffs he ended up looking like a scared little boy. Timid and chasing.

there is no way boone makes it to wed. right?

thats the only bright side of all this

judge stunk but many a big star stinks in a span of 7games in the playoffs.....its all about getting hot right time

def think the HR chase might have impacted him at the and that carried over into playoffs.

we don't win 80 games if he wasnt here in 22

pay that man hiz money

Last edited:
We should’ve had 2/3 of Bryce,Manny and Soto. Yes I’m reminiscing and going to be dramatic for awhile

Can’t wait to have a 38 and 39 yr old Manny and Bryce on the team after coming off injuries and being DFA and Cash acting like these are big moves so we don’t do anything crazy at the trade deadline in year 2031

Our biggest need area honestly is drafting, international signing, and development. Idk which of those is off, but we need to produce more homegrown players bc they are super cheap. Look at the Astros, they have 3 guys making over $15m; Bregman, Altuve, and Verlander. Yordan at $7m. Framber, Tucker, Javier, Abreu, McCormick, Pena... all on rookie deals. And that's after they let Springer and Correa go. Stars are great but it takes a full roster and we don't have that. We have a good team, won 99 and made the ALCS, but it's a wide gap from us to the Astros and Dodgers (don't care they lost a short series).

The issue is the beard policy as well as legit not having a manager

No one wants to play for us

Dusty Baker is actually able to manage

No one wants to be a puppet

Just as a reminder Carlos Correa is a free agent again.

You know we're gonna keep the IKF/Peraza rotation in the name of holding the spot for Volpe. They're going to point to Donaldson's defensive metrics as a reason why they're keeping him. They'll show the pitching staff's numbers with Trevino at catcher to defend that move.

The organization just isn't prioritizing winning right now. Try to be savvy, cut corners, win 90+ games, flame out. Rinse, repeat. The money will come in for them regardless of the final scores.

Won’t ever be the Astros because that’s the market they play in. They can’t go to $300mil payroll. Yankees can.

What happens is you need to develop your players AND sign Free Agents. And you don’t bank on prospects until they do it in the bigs. Not oh he’s good so we’re going to hold space. No man, either call him up now and let him sink or swim, or go after the proven talent.

And when you have good homegrown talent you extend them, you don’t let them hit FA first.

Last edited:
And from what all you guys are saying…

That’s exactly why Cashman has to go.

There needs to be a whole shift in our philosophy.

still sick :smh:

such a sh*tty rainy monday morning and this sweep has me pretty dam irritable ....

Yanks need to flush the toilet on Cash and Boone . Boone they'll get rid of , maybe. i really can't see em lettin Cash go because his hand's are everywhere. Cash take so much pressure off the Steinbrats and lets them focus on everything else while the Yanks bring in the bread for them to do so. Cash will go on his terms, maybe one more chip and he bounces, who knows. just know they ain't firing him.

if they don't get rid of Boone it'll be a sure sign that he ain't running this team at all ( which we all know already ). i think they like the control they have with Boone, the whole yes man thing. i don't think the Yanks would bring an old school guy in here because they couldn't control him 100%. guy like Dusty Baker (not just cause he beat us ) ain't gonna listen to Cash and his army of nerds, he's gonna manage the only way he knows. theres only one thing to do ....

BRING IN DONNIE BASEBALL :smokin

The issue is the beard policy as well as legit not having a manager

No one wants to play for us

Dusty Baker is actually able to manage

No one wants to be a puppet
lol if you think Dusty isn't being told what to do by the analytics department. I mean even GQ has articles about how that roster was built. They have been on the cutting edge of data for over a decade. They were the leaders of the spin rate data.

Everyone blames Boone but idk why. Why can't we just blame the players? Why does everyone blame the manager like he played a huge role? They are the ones that went 2 weeks of forgetting how to hit. Only move of Boone that I really question was leaving in Nestor when he was throwing 86mph. Something was clearly wrong there. I mean sure we can change managers but idk what that accomplished. The next guy is going to make the same decisions based on the data. Players make managers looks good or bad.

Baker and their GM Click aren't exactly on great terms. They've been butting heads all season. Kind of way Click hasn't been extended yet and contract is up after the World Series.

We need to do everything we can get Ohtani next year. That has to be our FA priority.

Cashman hanging off a building in Stamford trying to get Ohtani won’t cut it. He needs to go.

kingfoamnyc kingfoamnyc You ever seen this btw? 😭

Everyone blames Boone but idk why. Why can't we just blame the players? Why does everyone blame the manager like he played a huge role? They are the ones that went 2 weeks of forgetting how to hit. Only move of Boone that I really question was leaving in Nestor when he was throwing 86mph. Something was clearly wrong there. I mean sure we can change managers but idk what that accomplished. The next guy is going to make the same decisions based on the data. Players make managers looks good or bad.

i blame Boone for his dumb decisions. playin Carpenter was a big one, he obviously wasn't ready but Boone kept wit em. some of his bullpen moves and playin by the #'s so much annoyed the **** outta me. go with your gut sometimes, manage with a feel for the game. he always managed like he's scared to get in trouble. i know it's his first job but can anyone of us see him managing another team anytime soon ? he got this job for that one moment he had to send us to the series, now he's the bum to never get us there.

i blame Boone for his dumb decisions. playin Carpenter was a big one, he obviously wasn't ready but Boone kept wit em. some of his bullpen moves and playin by the #'s so much annoyed the **** outta me. go with your gut sometimes, manage with a feel for the game. he always managed like he's scared to get in trouble. i know it's his first job but can anyone of us see him managing another team anytime soon ? he got this job for that one moment he had to send us to the series, now he's the bum to never get us there.
Carpenter - What option did you prefer? Two of IKF, Peraza, Carpenter, and Donaldson had to play.

lol at "go with your gut!!!" That feeling in your stomach is normally just gas. Every team goes by the numbers now. for a reason.

Again, I'm fine if they make a move at manager but I don't think that's going to change anything at all. At the end of the day, players have to produce and we don't have them. Realistically, what players do we have that would play for the Astros? Judge and Cole? Who else? Maybe Loaisiga gets some run in the 7th for them? Knowing all this, we're going to blame it on our manager? I mean, ok?

Back
Top Bottom