New York Yankees Official Thread - at Phils; 64-45 - Jazz Show is LIVE

Twitter thread worth checking out^

We are in shambles :lol: apparently we’re spoiled and Boone is one of the greatest managerial minds in the league. Can’t tell if we’re being trolled, gaslit, all the above? Imagine being surprised at being booed for underperforming in the Bronx in OCTOBER

Twitter thread worth checking out^

We are in shambles :lol: apparently we’re spoiled and Boone is one of the greatest managerial minds in the league. Can’t tell if we’re being trolled, gaslit, all the above? Imagine being surprised at being booed for underperforming in the Bronx in OCTOBER

Honestly there's a lot of truth in that. We just won 100 games and made the ALCS and most of our fanbase wants to fire everyone. What other team is doing that? That run in the 90's really ****** up everyone idea of what's acceptable. 85-77 and miss the playoffs? That's not acceptable. 100 wins and lost in the ALCS? I mean I'd prefer we win the WS but blowing it all up after that season does seem a little ridiculous.

Honestly this team is missing that winning mentality. We need to bring in someone like verlander… strong mental game, knows that winning is everything, won’t be fazed by the lights/demands of october. Team is too soft. I can’t even believe there is a narrative that we should feel fortunate as fans considering we got swept by Houston of all teams. We haven’t been to the series in 13 years, this is New York. That’s unacceptable! So yeah cashman has to go, his replacement can decide on Boone (since he’s such a hot commodity :lol:)

Last edited:
Honestly there's a lot of truth in that. We just won 100 games and made the ALCS and most of our fanbase wants to fire everyone. What other team is doing that? That run in the 90's really ****ed up everyone idea of what's acceptable. 85-77 and miss the playoffs? That's not acceptable. 100 wins and lost in the ALCS? I mean I'd prefer we win the WS but blowing it all up after that season does seem a little ridiculous.
I think it depends how you look at it, glass half full or empty kind of thing . I agree with you to an extent, but the consistency in our failures and what we continue to fall short on in regards to addressing team needs in recent years is what pisses me off the most. But you’re definitely right, that 90’s run was a double edged sword

I think it depends how you look at it, glass half full or empty kind of thing . I agree with you to an extent, but the consistency in our failures and what we continue to fall short on in regards to addressing team needs in recent years is what pisses me off the most. But you’re definitely right, that 90’s run was a double edged sword
Let's be honest, what would our fanbase sound like if we were the Dodgers right now? They've had the best team for like 6 straight years and have one title, in a shortened season. We'd be calling for heads if we won 111 games and got bounce in the ALDS by the Red Sox. That's what just happened for them. I've said before and I'll say it again, 162 games tells me way more than 5 or 7 games. Play well over 162 and hope you get hot at the right time. That's the game. That's how you have to run your team. If you make brash decisions based on 5 or 7 games, you're going to end up in a bad spot. I get that we're fans and fans can have unreal expectations, but if we as a franchise get to where 100 wins and an ALCS is a fireable season, we're going to end up in a bad spot bc the next hires we make will likely be worse than what we have. I don't want to sound like I'm complacent, we have tons of room to improve, I just don't think this year was an abject failure to the degree we have to clean house and start over.

As for how many games they won. It was the flukiest set of games won. They were under .500 for half the season. And had an unusual and historic hot streak in the first half.

It wasn’t some grand lesson in management, they started 7-6 followed by 43-12 over a 2 month streak, then 25-30 over the next 2 months, then finished the season off 24-15

Had they did the pace they had Apr 22nd - June 22nd as they did from August 22nd to the end of the season a 60%+ win percentage, they would have been an 88 win team.
What they did for collectively for 2 months wasn’t indicative of what the team actually was as evidence by the rest of the year. And what you do from end of April to All Star Break is meaningless.

Probably should have just made this one post. But the thought came afterwards.
I can at least understand the Cashman praise across baseball. Even though that Twins trade was God awful. If Hal opened the books, Cashman would spend. There’s a well documented history of it. So I can see saying “Hey, these are the cards he’s dealt with.” If Cashman was allowed to pursue and sign Harper, I think it gets done.
The problem though is if these are the cards you’re dealt, you gotta make it work, and he isn’t anymore.

But to see Boone as good is hilarious. They’ve pretty much fumbled every young player they have. And if/when Judge leaves after a historic season, they did it again. They are in no position closer to a WS from when they hired Boone, they actually regressed.

They are in no position closer to a WS from when they hired Boone, they actually regressed.
This is just factually wrong. Boone has won more games every single year than the Yankees won the 5 seasons prior to him becoming manager.

1666807169057.png

If you look at just this season alone then sure it’s a positive. But we are talking about the cashman tenure in general. A success for the Yankees has always been wether or not we win a championship. He hasn’t achieved that in 13 years. So for me it’s time to move on..

I have no reason to be excited about next season. What's changed? What's going to change?

Don’t believe they’re a step behind in the dugout BECAUSE of Boone. I think they’re a step behind in their analytics department or the willingness to spend on the right players that fit the analytics.

Don’t believe they’re a step behind in the dugout BECAUSE of Boone. I think they’re a step behind in their analytics department or the willingness to spend on the right players that fit the analytics.

This is one thing I’ve wondered lately, how many of these lineups, bullpen/game decisions etc. are actually coming from him? Not to defend him I’m not that crazy about him but I have to be fair

Back
Top Bottom