New York Yankees Official Thread - at Phils; 64-45 - Jazz Show is LIVE

Yea I can't fault Judge on this one. He's deciding the next 8-9 years of his family's life and setting up generational wealth for his kid's kid's kids. If he needs a few weeks to do that, I get it.
I get that part, but if you enjoy playing and living somewhere why go to the highest bidder? Like I said before in the Knicks thread, if the Yankees are offering me 300 mil to compete every year and Milwaukee is offering me 375 I’m picking NY, no way I’d be happy waking up living in Wisconsin for the next 10 years. I walked away from guaranteed money in my last job and it was the best decision I ever made. (I know it’s not Mills though :lol:)

Milwaukee, Wisconsin is much different than San Fran, Cal. where he's from and grew up.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin is much different than San Fran, Cal. where he's from and grew up.
What I’m saying is either you want to be here or don’t, Judges actions are saying he’s not fully happy in NY. All that enjoying courtship/Attention from other teams/people is female behavior. 300 mil or 375 is still generational wealth. Just choose where you will be happiest on and off the field.

lol no it's not. Maybe he's fully happy playing here, but the thought of playing at home in front of friends and family intrigues him. It's not black and white like you're painting it.

He’s over 2 hours from SF, how much friends and family going to see him play, his friends and family still have their family to take care of. This Def not the actions of someone who a 100% wants to be here. It’s going to be Gerrit Cole, don’t really really want to be here but couldn’t turn down the money and endorsement opportunities.

Life long Yankee fan Cole didn't wat to be here?
Didn’t we draft Cole and he went to college instead? Could’ve possibly been his only chance to play for the team of his dreams. And I’m sure 324 mil is the reason why he’s a Yankee now. If the Astros came close he wouldn’t have left.

I get that part, but if you enjoy playing and living somewhere why go to the highest bidder? Like I said before in the Knicks thread, if the Yankees are offering me 300 mil to compete every year and Milwaukee is offering me 375 I’m picking NY, no way I’d be happy waking up living in Wisconsin for the next 10 years. I walked away from guaranteed money in my last job and it was the best decision I ever made. (I know it’s not Mills though :lol:)
Yea it's real easy for you to say that when you're not the one passing up on $75m. This is their job. It's not a hobby. I'm sure you like your job now but if another employer offers you 50% more, you're out. Deuces real quick.

Didn’t we draft Cole and he went to college instead? Could’ve possibly been his only chance to play for the team of his dreams. And I’m sure 324 mil is the reason why he’s a Yankee now. If the Astros came close he wouldn’t have left.
What exactly are you getting at? You want die hard Yankees fans that are willing to give up money to be here? That's absurd. This is their career. It's a job. They get paid for it. Stop trying to apply your fanhood to the situation. Do guys sometimes take less when they've been in a city for a long time with a wife and kids and they don't want to uproot them? Sure, it happens. But more often than not the players take the highest offer. You and I do the same thing with our job too.

Cole had committed to UCLA way before the draft and wanted to honor his commitment. By the time he was drafted again he improved his draft position by 27 slots going #1 overall. Which bonus wise was the better decision for him. He has been a lifelong yankee fan, but what you keep failing to realize, this isn't about their fandom, it's about their career.

I’m not just even talking about the Job, you have to be happy off the field too.
All I’m saying is if I’m at a place I love and they offer me a respectable offer I’m taking it. If I’m selected by the team of my dreams I’m rolling with them. In certain situations squeezing every dollar isn’t the best move. I really think that booing Judge has him second guessing here.

Again, you are speaking for YOU. YOU are not them.
Exactly I’m not them I don’t need my ego stroked and go to the highest bidder. I know where I want to be at and wouldn’t play games for months. Judge is not that torn.

Judge going to the giants would be a mistake imo... yes he would be close to family but thats about it... that team isn't close to winning the world series and not only that its not exactly a home run friendly ball park... him staying here he would create a legacy especially if he gets a chip here... but its his decision I'm fine with it either way

Judge going to the giants would be a mistake imo... yes he would be close to family but thats about it... that team isn't close to winning the world series and not only that its not exactly a home run friendly ball park... him staying here he would create a legacy especially if he gets a chip here... but its his decision I'm fine with it either way
Think we all agree on that. In the end it's up to him. Last big contract he'll prob get.

Back
Top Bottom