New York Yankees Official Thread - at Phils; 64-45 - Jazz Show is LIVE

as much as i think Correa's a douche for his Astro yrs, i'd take him in a minute instead of rollin the dice with a rookie. him being Puerto Rican will make him feel right at home here also. almost every PR that played here got love (see Bernie Williams, Posada, Beltran). i know Beltran's a bit of a reach but they brought him to the booth to bless us with that PR accent that no one can understand :lol:

believe it or not, Yanks haven't had many PR ballplayers. they even list Reggie and Stanton as some who have played here :lol:

the ones who have played here got love, even Ricky Ledee :lol::smokin

“Most Puerto Ricans,” he said, “are Yankee fans.” – The New York Times, 1976.​

“They are the greatest fans.” – Sonia Sotomayor (US Supreme Court Justice and Bronx Native) on Yankees fans.​

i'm sure it would work ...

Sure but one is $700k a year for the next 3 years and allows us to sign Rodon. The whole point of developing players is to get cheap years out of them so you can spend money elsewhere. Volpe is our top prospect in a long long time. Signing Correa just throws away that value we've worked so hard to develop.

Our highest rated prospect since Gleyber Torres.

Who was a top 5 prospect in baseball.

Put Volpe at 3B then. Or put Correa at 3B.

You’re being obtuse right now.

By the way, Giancarlo’s deal is a steal right now.

3 year / $96mil
Then get to the Marlins paying $10mil for the last 3 years.
2 year / $34mil
1 year option for $15mil

If they keep him through the contract it’s 6year $145mil. An AAV of $24.1mil
Yup, im a mets fan and want to trade for Stanton. Mets need a masher like Stanton . There arent many legit power hitters right now. Even on a down yeat with injuries hes averaging 30+ HR/season.

I like Stanton... Never understood the hate from some fans...I'm just hoping we can somehow trade both hicks and donaldson

Our highest rated prospect since Gleyber Torres.

Who was a top 5 prospect in baseball.

Put Volpe at 3B then. Or put Correa at 3B.

You’re being obtuse right now.
I'm not being obtuse at all. We need SP more than IF. Spend the money in the biggest need. And paying for Correa's bat as a SS and then playing him at 3b would be a waste of capital.

I'm not being obtuse at all. We need SP more than IF. Spend the money in the biggest need. And paying for Correa's bat as a SS and then playing him at 3b would be a waste of capital.

Bats are more important than SP for us.

We did not lose because of pitching.

Anyway. Unless they make their intentions that they will go for the $350mil Devers is going to get next off-season.

You go Correa and Rodon now. Get it done and over with.
If you believe in Peraza and Volpe that much then you shuffle every body around. (Hell Fernando Tatis is in the OF now).

They have 3 salary issues in the IF. Donaldson. IKF. And DJ LeMahieu getting $15mil a year for the next 4 years to be a league average bat.

Last edited:
Yeah he’ll get more. Probably 4/$80mil. Maybe more.

The problem is he’s a slightly better Brett Gardner.

Signing Judge. Great.
Getting Rodon. Great too.

But woof at giving Andrew Benintendi money.

If you get 2022 Benintendi, I'm cool with it. I don't think he's a 120+ wRC+ guy consistently though. Positive is he's a lefty contact guy.

Bro you are over the top right now - stop it and don’t dunk on our prospects smh 😂 essential1 essential1

Oh I like them. Wouldn’t trade 2 of the top 3 for 99% of baseball.

But if we’re really gonna act like we can’t move prospects to new positions. Or even established players.
And wait a year on Volpe.

Or that this team will somehow be better if the only additions is Rodon and Kahnle, it’s nonsense.

Attachments

• 20221208_221118.jpg
    20221208_221118.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 6
  • 20221208_222956.jpg
    20221208_222956.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 6
  • 20221209_001753.jpg
    20221209_001753.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 20221211_014301.jpg
    20221211_014301.jpg