New York Yankees Official Thread - at Phils; 64-45 - Jazz Show is LIVE

Super pass. There is no reason to tie up LF to Benintendi for multiple years. Get Conforto. Give him 1 year / $15mil. Second year option with a $5mil buyout to let Boras feel like he won something

On the other hand if he wants a 2+1 like Mitch Haniger for $43mil. That’s fine. But I’d be trading Benintendi after this season.

Still take Conforto over Benintendi

Last edited:
6years for Rodon? I get he was in high demand but for a guy with his injury history .......
Hope it works out for everyone.

How about the lineup, bullpen tho?

Bullpen is fine - still could see Britton back on an incentive driven deal
That's a pass for me. He's thrown over 20 innings in 3 seasons. He hasn't been consistently healthy since 2016.

1671213517281.png

For the bench - going to have to get some of the kids playing time at some point (unless you trade them smh).

Super pass. There is no reason to tie up LF to Benintendi for multiple years. Get Conforto. Give him 1 year / $15mil. Second year option with a $5mil buyout to let Boras feel like he won something

On the other hand if he wants a 2+1 like Mitch Haniger for $43mil. That’s fine. But I’d be trading Benintendi after this season.

Still take Conforto over Benintendi

Bullpen is fine - still could see Britton back on an incentive driven deal

Bullpen is crowded already.

1. Jonny Lasagna
2. Clay Holmes
3. Wandy Peralta
4. Michael King
5. Marinaccio
6. German
7. Schmidt
8. Leutg
9. Trivino

Last edited:
Bullpen is crowded already.

1. Jonny Lasagna
2. Clay Holmes
3. Wandy Peralta
4. Michael King
5. Marinaccio
6. German
7. Effross
8. Leuthe
9. Trivino

Effross is out for the season man - all reports are one more arm.

There goes Benny like you wanted though

Dude turned 28 this year. A .300 avg lefty is what the yanks need. 5years is very reasonable

Regression to the mean. He’s a .275 hitter minimal power guy on average in the years Prior to 2022. And hit .254 with the Yankees.
Has Average speed.

Lefty bats are brought in for their power in Yankee stadium. Not slapping singles around.

And if they were, has to be a better hitter than Benintendi.

Sometimes we’re a little too reliant on power. Would hurt to have another contact guy in the lineup. That’s what we were missing in the playoffs.

If we were talking 2 years, sure.

5 years for someone of Benintendi’s level is horrific.

5 years is a long time in baseball. Maybe you can trade him. But if you can’t it’s a huge anchor. (See Aaron Hicks)

Back
Top Bottom