New York Yankees Official Thread - at Phils; 64-45 - Jazz Show is LIVE

Looks like they’re not in on Conforto. (Rosenthal said Mets, Astros, Rangers, Marlins)

Oswaldo in LF it is.

Or for some reason trade for Max Kepler and keep the streak of bad trades with the Twins.

Yea 2005 we were at $208m and next was the Sox at $123m. Our payroll has barely increased in almost 20 years while everyone else caught up. It's shameful, tbh.

George got it. He got a ton of money from fans and poured it all back into the club to win games. He was a freaking god in the city. Everyone loved him even if he was pretty ****ty in some ways. An extra $100m a year when you're dealing with a $6-7b assets is peanuts. Just ****ing spend it, I promise you'll make it back on the back end.

Looking at this makes me mad:

1671043713816.png

the problem with Hal is hes not the boss we all knew and loved....hes chairman answering to the partners(family and non-family) with their hands out for a ta$te..
with george he probably charged his kids $ to attend games and told his partners to worry about their money making businesses and leave the yankees to him

good to see money being spent.....for me, wasnt acceptable to be highest payroll in baseball just once in past 6 years

hopefully Rodon is healthy for many playoff runs

He’s more of a DH now. Don’t know if he’d fit on the field if they want Stanton getting most of the DH reps.

He’s more of a DH now. Don’t know if he’d fit on the field if they want Stanton getting most of the DH reps.
Yea I'd DH him and play Stanton in LF. I'll take that over Stanton at DH at whatever we run out in LF. $10m for a potential elite bat is great value. He was down last year but he's only 34 so I'd expect him to bounce back.

Agreed. If we lacking in left you put Stanton out there and you go after J.D….. but don’t listen to me. I want us to sign EVERYONE

Help me settle an argument here on a boring Monday at work . I said the Yanks should retire Matsui's 55 just because. He won a chip, defense was A1, first Japanese player for the Yanks ( i think :lol: ) and was clutch :smokin

And had one of the coolest nicknames :smokin

Give Godzilla his flowers ...

Help me settle an argument here on a boring Monday at work . I said the Yanks should retire Matsui's 55 just because. He won a chip, defense was A1, first Japanese player for the Yanks ( i think :lol: ) and was clutch :smokin

And had one of the coolest nicknames :smokin

Give Godzilla his flowers ...

Na. If we retired the # for every solid player than won a chip, we'd be in triple digit uniform numbers by now.

Hideki Irabu was our first Japenese player, iirc.

And his defense was really bad lol.

1671469698839.png

Forgot about Irabu.

I don't even know how to read those stats :lol:

Just going by what i remember. I do agree about too many retired #'s but to me he was awesome. Maybe I'm really too bored at work :lol:

Forgot about Irabu.

I don't even know how to read those stats :lol:

Just going by what i remember. I do agree about too many retired #'s but to me he was awesome. Maybe I'm really too bored at work :lol:
Short answer is positive numbers are good, negative numbers are bad. I could be off on this but I remember him as someone that didn't make a lot of errors but that's bc he was slow and got terrible jumps so he didn't get to many balls to be even have a chance to make an error lol. I love him, but Jeter was the same way. Just no range at all. To the eye they look like good defenders bc you never see them drop anything but once you plot balls on a field and see who got to what you realize some guys track down waaaaay more.

Yall's bar waaaay too low imo. I wouldn't have Jorge, Pettitte, or Bernie retired either though tbh.

Yea I’m not with that. Bernie def should. Petite should too. Doesn’t he still own the postseason record for most wins still? Those guys definitely should have their’s retired for the parts they played during their careers with us and their postseason contributions.

I love Jorge but not sure he should be retired.. feel like it was obligated since him and jeet were the last two from those teams. If that makes sense.

That core 4 all deserved it. Stats didn't count for those guys. Those guys won, won big games and showed up.

Pettite was money come playoff time :smokin

103a8d5647d9c92f055587817e5f0e84.jpg

Bernie carried us in 96 and played gold glove defense ( don't gimme any stats i don't understand either :lol:)

FNLXPIZMA4TSAPFFYH4TSA3WPE.jpg

Everyone says Posada kept that locker room in check, even gettin in Clemens face. He was Jeter's enforcer. No way u can say he didn't deserve that. And he was part of the flip play :smokin

14yankees1-articleLarge.jpg

Nevermind Mo, but to me all of em played huge parts in us winning, stats aside. And they were ours, not bought :smokin

Still bored at work , had time for pics and all that

Back
Top Bottom