New York Yankees Official Thread - vs Mets; 60-42 - Let’s Make a Deal

I don’t care if the main bullpen guys are overworked.

It’s a must win series, throw everyone out there the whole weekend. Use your starters for an inning, where’s Erik Kratz when you need a pitcher and catcher at the same time?

I don’t care if the bullpen is overworked.

It’s a must win series, throw everyone out there the whole weekend. Use your starters for an inning, where’s Erik Kratz when you need a pitcher and catcher at the same time?
Did you just say use a starter for an inning in a game in July lol. Come on man, that's not realistic at all. Not a huge Boone fan but he doesn't have much to work with right now. Look at our roster. I follow the team daily and I don't know who half of them are.

Seriously tho, why couldn't Chap close this ? Boone lost that much confidence in dude? Has he thrown that many pitches this week ? :smh:

Sick right now ...

Seriously tho, why couldn't Chap close this ? Boone lost that much confidence in dude? Has he thrown that many pitches this week ? :smh:

Sick right now ...
Pitched last 2 nights and 4 of last 5 and seemed to have a nail issue last night.

Did you just say use a starter for an inning in a game in July lol. Come on man, that's not realistic at all. Not a huge Boone fan but he doesn't have much to work with right now. Look at our roster. I follow the team daily and I don't know who half of them are.

Must win games. If they weren’t must wins then it’d be crazy. And with Lasanga and Nester out due to COVID, need to be in disaster mode.

Let Montgomery go 100-110 pitches.
Cessa for 2 innings. Lutge for 2.

Could have gone 10 different ways.

Hell could have had Kriske walk the bases loaded to get someone else out there.
It’s one thing to not have your best stuff (Chad Green) and just let him try to pitch through it. Another thing to do whatever Kriske is throwing.

Must win games. If they weren’t must wins then it’d be crazy. And with Lasanga and Nester out due to COVID, need to be in disaster mode.

Let Montgomery go 100-110 pitches.
Cessa for 2 innings. Lutge for 2.

Could have gone 10 different ways.

Hell could have had Kriske walk the bases loaded to get someone else out there.
It’s one thing to not have your best stuff (Chad Green) and just let him try to pitch through it. Another thing to do whatever Kriske is throwing.
No game in July is a must win. It's a "would be really nice to win and improve our standings" but no game in July is a must win. Winning that game would put us at 7% to make playoffs instead of 6%. Burning starters in the pen in July is nuts lol.

Chap’s slider looked good.

Was hitting the speed on the fastball, missing control.

Assuming the finger nail is still a problem.

Also Brantley is terrible.

4 games in Boston and we're hoping to leave right where we were when we got there ... should we be happy with that considering ?

Chapman’s velo def looked good. He starts locking down that location, it’d be good to have our closer.

believe we get Urshela back tomorrow, which is solid and hopefully Judge and Iggy back for Tampa like they’re saying.

we’re also supposedly in the running for Trevor Story, which would shift Torres back to 2nd which I think helps the defense and him at the plate too. Would be a solid pickup.

4 games in Boston and we're hoping to leave right where we were when we got there ... should we be happy with that considering ?
Happy? Idk if I can say that but a split is the best I was hoping for. Have you looked at the roster we have right now? DLM, Stanton, and Torres are the only starters available and Torres has been terrible for a minute now. Shown flashes the last couple weeks so maybe he can get right. I mean Odor couldn't make the Rangers and he's hitting cleanup for us! Allen, Gittens, and Brantly... who? Florial is a rookie. I mean it's an absolute *** lineup right now. I know bagging on Boone is easy, and I'm not saying he's without flaws, but this team right now is just bad. There's no other way to say it.

Chapman’s velo def looked good. He starts locking down that location, it’d be good to have our closer.

believe we get Urshela back tomorrow, which is solid and hopefully Judge and Iggy back for Tampa like they’re saying.

we’re also supposedly in the running for Trevor Story, which would shift Torres back to 2nd which I think helps the defense and him at the plate too. Would be a solid pickup.
Story is obviously very good but idk about that move. We need help in a bad way but we're so far out that I don't think Story moves the needle much. We're 37% to make the playoffs. And he's a free agent after this year. Do we want to pay huge money to a 29 yr old SS?

Depends. Not really sure Torres at SS is the best move for our defense long term. Think he’s better suited for 2nd. I’ve believed that since he was called up.

What about Voit ? Can't see him playing over DJ or Gio ... too much stress for a Saturday night :smh:

What about Voit ? Can't see him playing over DJ or Gio ... too much stress for a Saturday night :smh:
Voit has been a much better hitter than Gio since coming over. Someone is always hurt though so not sure we even have to pick lol.

Back
Top Bottom