New York Yankees Official Thread - vs Mets; 60-42 - Let’s Make a Deal

Smoked ? :lol: How old are u, since u like asking ..

Those Yankee teams that were winning 3 straight had no superstars, aside from DJ, just ballplayers . When we started getting those guys that the "numbers " said was a sure thing, they pissed the bed here. This ain't playstation, guys gotta still lace em up and go out there and play.

U sound like someone who never even played little league , just an my observation from how u come across.
I'm 43.

I literally played in the Little League World Series in 1990. Played college ball.

But yea you know more than every GM in baseball. Just need some ballplayers with with good avg and ERA and a manager with a good gut!

Last edited:
Real talk, analytics definitely took a lot of fun out the game for fans and relying too heavy on analytics vice how someone is performing at the time is not what’s up. Guy could be pitching the game of his life but analytics say “on Tuesday night after 7pm against right handed hitters especially “this guy” he doesn’t fair to well so let’s take him out”, trash like that is ruining the fun of the game (and yes I know I’m exaggerating and the object is to give your team the best opportunity to win) you can see players are frustrated with analytics just as much as the fans.

I'm 43.

I literally played in the Little League World Series in 1990. Played college ball.

But yea you know more than every GM in baseball. Just need some ballplayers with with good avg and ERA and a manager with a good gut!
What team, let me see if I can guess who you are :lol:

Rather have that than some guy who hits the ball better on Tuesdays in July before 10 pm, according to the stats ...

Congrats on the LL world series tho, something i always wished i had a shot at, not being condescending at all ...

The best teams in the league are heavy in analytics and numbers.

Our problem, is we stink at it.

we’re not bad because we are analytic driven, we are bad because we’re not good at it. Actually we’re pretty awful at it.

Real talk, analytics definitely took a lot of fun out the game for fans and relying too heavy on analytics vice how someone is performing at the time is not what’s up. Guy could be pitching the game of his life but analytics say “on Tuesday night after 7pm against right handed hitters especially “this guy” he doesn’t fair to well so let’s take him out”, trash like that is ruining the fun of the game (and yes I know I’m exaggerating and the object is to give your team the best opportunity to win) you can see players are frustrated with analytics just as much as the fans.
Analytics aren't new though. They are just more advanced now. In the 50's, it was "This dude can't hit a curveball, throw more of those." Now it's "This guy is less effective the 3rd time hitters see him, so let's try to limit that." Teams also realized a ground ball out and a strikeout are about the same thing and that walks and singles are about the same thing so they stopped looking at batting avg and started looking at OBP and SLG.

I’m going with Harold Connell III
Haha na. Haven't seen or talked to him in probably 20+ years.

Fun story though. When we got to regionals in St Pete, we were supposed to wear the Bama jerseys they had there. They didn't have one to fit him though so we said we'd wear our regular park unis. They said no and that they wouldn't let us play in them. We showed up to play in them and dared them to not let us play bc that'd play terrible in the news so they let us play.

I think this is my first post here this season, there hasn’t been much to talk about with this team.

I can’t recall a more nightmarish year than what we have been experiencing, each lead we blow it feels like it’s the worst loss of the year and then we somehow top it the next week. Everything sucks man

still pissed :smh:

maybe it's more of who we lost to because if that was the Orioles coming back I'd be over it. not too many Sox fans in the city but theres plenty of Mets fans really starting to get on my nerves :lol::angry:

Next Cash will trade Volpe and 2 other prospects for the Marlins number 4 starter because he looked good in back to back games last year.

I mean the trade isn’t a bad one. It’s not great either.

They get 3 years of control for a bullpen arm. For Hoy Park who was not a position of need, and would need to be on the 40-man next year, and they were not going to put them there.

Although Clay Holmes is technically having a decent year, if he’s your 5th or 6th arm in the pen. And if he’s replacing Nick Nelson or Brooks Kriske, it’s an improvement.

44 outings
33 of them no earned runs given up.
6 where the ER he gave up didn’t have an impact on who was winning at the time.
1 where he gave up a run and it tied a game
1 where he gave up a lead
The 3 he’s been really bad where he gave up more than 2 runs, his team was down 3, 6, 10 respectively

BUT again, trade was a “we’re running out of days, and if we don’t trade both of these guys now, we’re losing them for nothing in the off-season, take whatever you can get”

I’m gonna look into it. But I have a feeling that only 2 positions are Top 15 from offensive production C, RF

On the other hand Gumby is goods.

As I expected.
(Correction the WAR stat is actually Wins above Average, my mistake)

New Picture.png

Back
Top Bottom