New York Yankees Official Thread - vs Mets; 60-42 - Let’s Make a Deal

I mean based on how DJ has played this year. He can sit on the bench too for all I care.

Although he could play 1 game a week at 1B, 2 a week at 2B, 1 at 3B, and 1 at DH with a rest day.

Fire Boone tomorrow. Played that whole inning wrong. 2nd and 3rd no outs and don’t play the infield in? Sure enough slow chopper ties it and advances the the runner to 3rd. Unreal.

Can't wait to hear Boone's excuses. Can we let ballplayers play ball , let a manager go by the feel of a game and stop going by "the numbers" :smh:

Sick right now ...

For the love of god, I pray they don’t make any stupid trades for the deadline.

Let the team be and let it crash.

What a gutting loss. Even if we're lucky for a WC berth, we'll get bounced early.

You come across like an old man yelling at clouds that the game isn't played like 1984.

Why cause I'd like to see a manager manange a game by the way it's going and not by a book of stats and percentages ?

Ever notice theres been no back 2 back champs since the Yanks in the early 2000's ? Ever notice the guys managing those teams went by the gut, the way the game was going. Don't think Zim was telling Joe he should take a guy out because he's thrown 90 pitches in a shutout , the numbers say it so it's gotta be true. Of course I realize the game evolves and changes, just not a fan on how it's changing.

Why cause I'd like to see a manager manange a game by the way it's going and not by a book of stats and percentages ?

Ever notice theres been no back 2 back champs since the Yanks in the early 2000's ? Ever notice the guys managing those teams went by the gut, the way the game was going. Don't think Zim was telling Joe he should take a guy out because he's thrown 90 pitches in a shutout , the numbers say it so it's gotta be true. Of course I realize the game evolves and changes, just not a fan on how it's changing.
Teams from the 2000's would get smoked by today's teams so what's your point? Team have gone to analytics bc it's been proven they are better than "gut." You can dislike it all you want but you look dumb when you rail against something proven to be better. Every team uses them for a reason.

Smoked ? :lol: How old are u, since u like asking ..

Those Yankee teams that were winning 3 straight had no superstars, aside from DJ, just ballplayers . When we started getting those guys that the "numbers " said was a sure thing, they pissed the bed here. This ain't playstation, guys gotta still lace em up and go out there and play.

U sound like someone who never even played little league , just an my observation from how u come across.

Back
Top Bottom