New York Yankees Official Thread - vs Mets; 60-42 - Let’s Make a Deal

essential1 essential1 I know how much you miss him

C8D9EB94-1B82-449E-8051-132B1C1EDFF8.jpeg

The Braves are winning without Acuna, maybe they should trade him?
lol zero chance they trade him. Not only is he MVP-caliber good but they have him on a ridiculous contract. Honestly his agent should be investigated for letting him sign it.

Acuna was 21 when he signed his contract in April 2019 — an eight-year, $100 million deal that will become a 10-year, $124 million deal if the Braves exercise two options at the end of the contract.

lol zero chance they trade him. Not only is he MVP-caliber good but they have him on a ridiculous contract. Honestly his agent should be investigated for letting him sign it.

Acuna was 21 when he signed his contract in April 2019 — an eight-year, $100 million deal that will become a 10-year, $124 million deal if the Braves exercise two options at the end of the contract.

It was sarcasm responding to Gleyber playing and now the Yankees are losing, so they should trade him.

They out here throwing Heaney and Kriske as if they don’t have Luis Gil, Deivi Garcia, Michael King and Adam Warren in AAA. SMH

Dam, i think these guys started celebrating that 13 gamer wayyyyy too early :smh:

never_celebrate_too_early_01.gif

Semien been killen us this year ...

If I can say something, DJ hasn’t been bad. But he’s been super underwhelming this year.

I really want them to shuffle things around and make him the super utility guy again. Gleyber back to 2B.
And next year would be a final tryout year for Gleyber and Gio. Invest in a SS and CF.

And shuffle everybody.

The only guys I’m confident in are Judge, Stanton and Gary in all honesty.

If I can say something, DJ hasn’t been bad. But he’s been super underwhelming this year.

I really want them to shuffle things around and make him the super utility guy again. Gleyber back to 2B.
And next year would be a final tryout year for Gleyber and Gio. Invest in a SS and CF.

And shuffle everybody.

The only guys I’m confident in are Judge, Stanton and Gary in all honesty.
Gary? I realize he's greatly improved this year... to slightly above league average. His defense has improved and he's actually more valuable defensively than offensively this year. He's a HR or nothing and it's normally nothing.

Judge and Stanton are the only position players I feel comfortable with. Guys like Gary, DJ, Gleyber, Voit, and Andujar are huge question marks for me. Same with Gallo. His transition has not gone well.

Gary? I realize he's greatly improved this year... to slightly above league average. His defense has improved and he's actually more valuable defensively than offensively this year. He's a HR or nothing and it's normally nothing.

Position is the context. If you compare him to all position players, yeah it isn’t ideal. But catcher is one of those positions that sit by itself. In the last 30 years there’s a ton of really good catchers with good offensive numbers that would be average against position players in the entirety.

But you place him versus other Catchers, with the exception of 4-5 guys, I’m taking him over the field.
He’s drawing walks and not striking out at a huge clip. And he has pop, and requires some hesitation from pitchers. Then you look at the alternative. The alternative is Higgy and he’s even more all or nothing than Gary has been this year, and doesn’t provide the same stability.

Whereas with other question marks there’s good replacements, there really isn’t for Gary

And if you said we should have gotten Realmuto. I hear you. But of the Yankees problems, Gary and catching is so far down the list. That Realmuto doesn’t add a ton even as a better contact hitter.

Position is the context. If you compare him to all position players, yeah it isn’t ideal. But catcher is one of those positions that sit by itself. In the last 30 years there’s a ton of really good catchers with good offensive numbers that would be average against position players in the entirety.

But you place him versus other Catchers, with the exception of 4-5 guys, I’m taking him over the field.
He’s drawing walks and not striking out at a huge clip. And he has pop, and requires some hesitation from pitchers. Then you look at the alternative. The alternative is Higgy and he’s even more all or nothing than Gary has been this year, and doesn’t provide the same stability.

Whereas with other question marks there’s good replacements, there really isn’t for Gary

And if you said we should have gotten Realmuto. I hear you. But of the Yankees problems, Gary and catching is so far down the list. That Realmuto doesn’t add a ton even as a better contact hitter.
I mean even this year he's 16th in WAR for catchers. Even if you aren't a big WAR guy, it's hard to argue him as even a top 10 catcher without being a massive homer. Numbers are numbers.

Screenshot_20210908-130922_Chrome.jpg

Back
Top Bottom