New York Yankees Official Thread - vs Mets; 60-42 - Let’s Make a Deal

Going to get dusty in my house today. Jeter came up in 95, I was a Jr in hs. He left in 2014 when I was married with a mortgage and planning a kid. So many things changed during thay time but 2 was always at SS. The Yankees were and are the background to my summers. Thankfully my wife is a fan as well and we watch 150+ games a year. No, we don't sit down and watch every pitch, but it's always on in the background. I can date things in my life around Yankee games. My wife was in labor while I was watching a 10 pitch AB by Gardner vs the Indians in a playoff game. Yes, I specifically remember that ab lol. 2 at SS was part of my life for 20 years. Him getting old means I'm getting old.

i cry everytime i watch the vid of Mattingly's 1st playoff hr :lol:

"oh hang on to the roof" :smokin

him and Dave Winfield made me a fan of the team... just sucks don only had 1 playoff series....and the following year after he left they won the world series

Wow , Gleyber ridin the pine again in favor of squid .

Yanks really lost faith in this dude. At least Boone doing the smart move.

I mean even this year he's 16th in WAR for catchers. Even if you aren't a big WAR guy, it's hard to argue him as even a top 10 catcher without being a massive homer. Numbers are numbers.

Screenshot_20210908-130922_Chrome.jpg

Salvy has almost 40RBIs more than number 2in RBIs and is 4th in Offensive WAR and 9th in total.
It’s vastly Flawed

And I like advanced stats.

Catcher is a supremely misunderstood position in terms of production, etc.

Last edited:
Salvy has almost 40RBIs more than number 2in RBIs and is 4th in Offensive WAR and 9th in total.
It’s vastly Flawed

And I like advanced stats.

Catcher is a supremely misunderstood position in terms of production, etc.
Salvy has 100+ more ab's. RBI is a worthless stat. A batter doesn't control if he comes up with bases loaded or nobody on base. It's too dependant on things outside of a player's control to mean anything at all. Salvy also k's 25% of the time and only walks 3% lol. OBP is only .316.

There's nothing to misunderstand about numbers. Numbers are numbers. You just have to forget everything you knew growing up.

Salvy has 100+ more ab's. RBI is a worthless stat. A batter doesn't control if he comes up with bases loaded or nobody on base. It's too dependant on things outside of a player's control to mean anything at all. Salvy also k's 25% of the time and only walks 3% lol. OBP is only .316.

There's nothing to misunderstand about numbers. Numbers are numbers. You just have to forget everything you knew growing up.
Can’t say RBI stats are worthless because If you have runners on base and a contact hitter/260 hitter with just say a lower OBP to say someone like Gallo (330 to Gallo 360) he will be more valuable at the plate vice Gallo who odds are if he doesn’t hit a home run those players don’t even have a chance to score. A single brings someone in from second possibly, a double brings someone from 1st possibly. A walk usually doesn’t bring anyone. Don’t want a Homer/K/walk guy at the plate when the games on the line.

Can’t say RBI stats are worthless because If you have runners on base and a contact hitter/260 hitter with just say a lower OBP to say someone like Gallo (330 to Gallo 360) he will be more valuable at the plate vice Gallo who odds are if he doesn’t hit a home run those players don’t even have a chance to score. A single brings someone in from second possibly, a double brings someone from 1st possibly. A walk usually doesn’t bring anyone. Don’t want a Homer/K/walk guy at the plate when the games on the line.
You forgot the part where that "contact" hitter is reliant on someone being on base. That's not in his control. That's why it's worthless. RBI being important is the 2nd biggest lie we were told ad a kid in baseball.

If this year winds up being a wash should we really be pissed off ? With all the Covid sh*t, injuries, can we realistically blame Boone or be mad at the players ?

I think we've gotten the worst hands dealt to us the whole year, but boo hoo right ?

Chapman, Chapman, Chapman :smh:

The thing that pisses me off is we haven’t had a healthy team in what feels like forever
Yea its year after year after year. They changed the medical staff before last season but it's the same ****. I know everyone has injuries but it feels like we have way more than most.

C - Sanchez has been ok, but nowhere close to what we thought he'd be a few years ago

1b - Voit has been hurt a lot, Rizzo has been decent

2b - DJ has been underwhelming

SS - Gleyber has been butt

3b - Andujar has been hurt. Ursula hurt.

LF - Stanton has been good. Gallo has not.

CF - Hicks is done

RF - Judge has been good

SP
Cole - Ace
Kluber - Solid then hurt
Sevy - Hurt
Taillon - very inconsistent
German - Hurt
Heaney - ***

Pen
Chapman - inconsistent
Britton - Hurt
Loaisiga - Huge bright spot now hurt
Green - inconsistent

Just not much there. Hard to blame Boone bc he's been working with pieces all year.

I’m tired my emotions being played with. You got it world. Blow up the whole ****** team I’m over it!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom