New York Yankees Official Thread - vs O’s, 51-24 - Cole back!

I’d trade like 7 of the top 10 for Soto.
But that’s only if they’re going to re-sign Judge in the off-season.
Let’s say they can’t get a deal for Judge and he goes elsewhere then it’s a bad trade. In the short term, you’re slightly better but gave away the ability to make trades necessary to sure up other places. The short term is all that matters 2,3,4 years. And Soto for the top prospects and then swapped for Judge in the off-season is a really bad move in the short term.

What I won’t include though for Soto is guys like Gleyber or Nestor. Which could be asks. I Especially wouldn’t include them in a mid-season move. Filling one hole by creating others.

I’d trade like 7 of the top 10 for Soto.
But that’s only if they’re going to re-sign Judge in the off-season.
Let’s say they can’t get a deal for Judge and he goes elsewhere then it’s a bad trade. In the short term, you’re slightly better but gave away the ability to make trades necessary to sure up other places. The short term is all that matters 2,3,4 years. And Soto for the top prospects and then swapped for Judge in the off-season is a really bad move in the short term.

What I won’t include though for Soto is guys like Gleyber or Nestor. Which could be asks. I Especially wouldn’t include them in a mid-season move. Filling one hole by creating others.
Gleyber is having a better season and Nestor is having a breakout season but come on man, I'll pack their bags and drive them to DC. Y'all tripping if you're turning down Soto bc of those two. Hell we can play DJ and 2b and be fine. Upgrade from Nestor to Castillo. **** around and let me be GM lol.

Might just be me, but I feel Soto is getting way over hyped :lol:
He's 23 and he's been a top 3 hitter in baseball over the last 4 seasons. I don't think it's possible to overhype him. Players like this don't get traded. This is Migueal Cabrera being traded by the Marlins. I don't even need to know what the Tigers gave up, they won that trade. This will be the same way. Whoever gets him wins bc there's a .00002% chance that anyone ee give up is as good as him.

The AL East being a treasure trove of mediocrity after the Yankees sure is making all this easy.
2nd place Jays on pace for 89 wins. Well below expectations for that team
Rays just had 2 big season ending injuries.
Red Sox falling apart
And the Orioles capitalized on the mediocrity of the other 3 to hover around 500

The AL East being a treasure trove of mediocrity after the Yankees sure is making all this easy.
Red Sox falling apart
And the Orioles capitalized on the mediocrity of the other 3 to hover around 500
Idk man, having all 5 teams above .500 is nuts. All of those teams would look a lot better if they were in another division with a Tigers, A's, or Nats to beat up on. Jays and TB are currently 2 WC teams in spite of that, the 3rd and 4th best records in the AL. It's unquestionably the best division in baseball.

Red Sox falling apart

Yeah the Jays might just be the biggest disappointment this season - then or the Angels but Artie always has them a mess

Angels are playing as expected based on track record. Haven’t been good since they dropped the “of Anaheim”

Should change their name to Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim in Orange County of California. And they will be contenders in no time.

They won't, but the Angels really should trade Trout. They could get an entire farm system foe him and maybe build a decent team. Instead they'll have him and lose 90 games.

Back
Top Bottom