New York Yankees Official Thread - vs O’s, 51-24 - Cole back!

BACFDC02-A9EE-4A44-AF0D-A7EF444D4EB9.png

Could just be precaution.

If it’s Luis Castillo or Benintendi. I will personally punch Hal.

I wouldn’t trade Volpe or Martian for anybody that is not a perennial all-star under 27
Agree completely on Benintendi, but Castillo is close for me. He's a top 10 SP over the last 4 years, is only 29, and is under control for next year.

I think y'all are sleeping on Castillo. He's a legit top 10, 15 at worst, SP in baseball. Those don't come cheap. Everyone says we need to add a front end SP, well that's the cost. Volpe is top 10, so maybe not him, but Peraza or Jasson would be in play for sure, with other pieces on top of them.

For a team that has WS aspirations - that’s a 2. Would love to have him but not for Jasson - the team control is mehh
If he's a 2, he's a very high end 2. You said borderline 2/3, which is silly.

And look I love Jasson, but I think most of us overrate him bc of how hyped he was when he signed. He's 19 and having a meh season in A ball. He's not the Harper or Soto phenom many of us expected him to be. Those guys were having better season in the bigs by now lol. He's a top 50 guy. That's great, but he's no some untouchable prospect when you're trying to acquire a top 15 SP in baseball.

If he's a 2, he's a very high end 2. You said borderline 2/3, which is silly.

And look I love Jasson, but I think most of us overrate him bc of how hyped he was when he signed. He's 19 and having a meh season in A ball. He's not the Harper or Soto phenom many of us expected him to be. Those guys were having better season in the bigs by now lol. He's a top 50 guy. That's great, but he's no some untouchable prospect when you're trying to acquire a top 15 SP in baseball.

Yeah he was a 2 - again you didn’t mention the 18 months of team control which is mehh

He’s actually having a damn good season - had one down month, have you been keeping up with him? He’s now in AA

Yeah he was a 2 - again you didn’t mention the 18 months of team control which is mehh

He’s actually having a damn good season - had one down month, have you been keeping up with him? He’s now in AA
1.5 years is a lot and gives you the inside track to sign him long term. He's not a 3 month rental.

He's just moved to high A Hudson Valley, not AA Somerset.

Again, I like Jasson and have bit into the hype too, but he's still just a top 40ish prospect. That's the type player you're going to give up for Castillo. I'd prefer Peraza be the guy bc we have Volpe too but Peraza and Jasson are similar rated prospects. We the fans just think way more of Jasson bc of the hype from when he signed imo.

1.5 years is a lot and gives you the inside track to sign him long term. He's not a 3 month rental.

He's just moved to high A Hudson Valley, not AA Somerset.

Again, I like Jasson and have bit into the hype too, but he's still just a top 40ish prospect. That's the type player you're going to give up for Castillo. I'd prefer Peraza be the guy bc we have Volpe too but Peraza and Jasson are similar rated prospects. We the fans just think way more of Jasson bc of the hype from when he signed imo.

Yeah whatever Hudson Valley is I thought AA get them confused

Again - he’s not having a Mehh season - he’s having a heck of a season but due to hype fans expected more. Kid will be damn good

I’m fine with moving Oswald but they are asking for 3 top 10 guys

Yeah whatever Hudson Valley is I thought AA get them confused

Again - he’s not having a Mehh season - he’s having a heck of a season but due to hype fans expected more. Kid will be damn good

I’m fine with moving Oswald but they are asking for 3 top 10 guys
I guess we have different definitions of great seasons in A ball. He had 4th highest OPS on the team of guys with over 100 PA's. Solid, not blowing me away though. He has the tools, but so did Clint Frazier.

And yea it'll take 2-3 top 10-15 guys to get a guy like Castillo. If fans got to make trades, no trades would ever happen bc we overrate our prospects and underrate the the established guy. Look at how many guys we held onto over the years bc they were untouchable and never amounted to anything.

Say what u guys want but I'd literally give the Nats whatever they wanted for Soto. A player like that I'd give anyone on this team or organization but Judge ...

Just sayin ...
Agree. Take Volpe, Peraza, Dominguez, and whatever else you want. Give me Soto for the next 15 years.

Back
Top Bottom