New York Yankees Official Thread - vs O’s, 51-24 - Cole back!

But this is funny

Screenshot_20220722-221350_MLB.jpg

Need a ton of moves in the next week and a half or it looks like this team will get cooked come October.

2 new guys in the order. A front end starter. Bullpen help. It’s getting ugly.

Last edited:
Judge's awkward All Star interview

The Astros pushing our **** in again.

Chapman being complete ***

King getting injured.

These last few days have not been great.

Def another bullpen piece. Another starter would be great and one bat more bat in the lineup would be great.

For some reason I thought there would have been less games this season because of the lockout but nope…

Judge really may have a shot.

Was listening to a sports talk show and they were talking about Soto. They said well if Yankees get Soto then it is likely Judge is gone at the end of the year.

Just for arguments sake, that would be a ridiculously dumb trade. It does max out chance to win this year, so okay, and Soto is better than Judge yes. But sacrificing 5 of the top 10 prospects and maybe some major league talent just to swap Judge for Soto going forward after the season is one of those franchise altering awful trades.
You get Soto, it better be to keep with Judge.
If you sacrifice a Donaldson and/or DJ to keep Soto, Judge, Stanton that’s something different. Sacrificing a top 10 hitter and a bunch of top end prospects for a top 5 hitter isn’t smart.

Was listening to a sports talk show and they were talking about Soto. They said well if Yankees get Soto then it is likely Judge is gone at the end of the year.

Just for arguments sake, that would be a ridiculously dumb trade. It does max out chance to win this year, so okay, and Soto is better than Judge yes. But sacrificing 5 of the top 10 prospects and maybe some major league talent just to swap Judge for Soto going forward after the season is one of those franchise altering awful trades.
You get Soto, it better be to keep with Judge.
If you sacrifice a Donaldson and/or DJ to keep Soto, Judge, Stanton that’s something different. Sacrificing a top 10 hitter and a bunch of top end prospects for a top 5 hitter isn’t smart.
Ehh it's not that cut and dry. Soto is 6.5 years younger. That's obviously a huge factor. Judge has 3-4 elite years left until you'd expect him to start falling off a little. Soto has like 12 years of prime in front of him. That said, Britton + Chapman + Gallo at over $40m in expiring deals. Obviously we need to spend some to upgrade the pen and Judge going from $19m to $35m or whatever eats up a lot of that. Donaldson won't be around by the time Soto's deal goes way up, which isn't until after 2024 season. So yea I think we can definitely deal for Soto, still sign Judge, and have 2 years to make the room. Sign Soto to a massive extension now that kicks on after 2024.

What I’m saying is if Soto was to kick out Judge the next 3-4 years would be a negative (excluding the last 3 months of this year)

Because Soto is better and will be better. But Soto for Judge walking and 4-5 top prospects, maybe even Gleyber is a really bad trade that would hurt the next few years and wouldn’t make us have any better chance to win in 2023, 24, 25.

Ultimately I think we’re on the same page. If you take the price tag on Soto. You have to keep Judge too. Just for extending the window and getting more cracks
(As I don’t see Soto alone putting us over the top because of some doubts about pitching. Definitely would shut me up about the lineup though)

What I’m saying is if Soto was to kick out Judge the next 3-4 years would be a negative (excluding the last 3 months of this year)

Because Soto is better and will be better. But Soto for Judge walking and 4-5 top prospects, maybe even Gleyber is a really bad trade that would hurt the next few years and wouldn’t make us have any better chance to win in 2023, 24, 25.

Ultimately I think we’re on the same page. If you take the price tag on Soto. You have to keep Judge too. Just for extending the window and getting more cracks
(As I don’t see Soto alone putting us over the top because of some doubts about pitching. Definitely would shut me up about the lineup though)
Yea its a tough spot. The cost for Soto is high, but like I said, it's an investment to get like 10-12 years of assumed elite production vs Judge at 4-6 years of that level. If I had to pick one, I'm taking Soto all day. Now weighing it after you take into account Soto costs money and the farm, it's a much closer decision. Probably leam Judge and keep the kids but its still close for me. Most of the kids will bust anyways lol. I'll take back all I've said about Hal if he nuts up and pays both though. Give me those 2 hitting 2-3 for the next half decade.

Back
Top Bottom