New York Yankees Official Thread - vs O’s, 51-24 - Cole back!

His last month has been rough - he will be fine boys
Rough is harsh, but yea he'd has 3 poor starts since July 1. Back to back now.

Screenshot_20220803-172642_Chrome.jpg

6 runs to a AA offense. What an embarrassment. Pitching is a huge concern. James Tailon is garbage too. Every game we see him and before the start, they say he doesn’t walk guys. Then walks a couple batters. I don’t understand trading Montgomery. I know he’s been down recently but we don’t need an OF at all. We have too many as it is. Losing two games to the Mariners is unacceptable.

I was expecting this right about this time of the szn. Wasn’t sure which side of the ball would drop it first but went and did it at the same time.

Hoping the moves rejuvenate the club. Idk enough about them to call it.

He was barely hitting better than Gallo. Unless you think it’s going to bring some spark, I don’t know.

C'mon fam, we've seen it before. Dude was heartbroken leaving here, wasn't the same. Hearing that DiDi chant from 50 thousand after putting his first hr in the bleachers will wake that monster inside up. If i told u in the beginning of the yr we were gonna sign Carpenter, we'd all say why ? Guys get that fever again, that feelin of something might happen here instead of planning your winter vacation in August :smokin

I'd bring him back, can't cost that much to re sign him ..

Carpenter was hitting in the minors though when they signed him. I get what you’re saying but if we’re honestly looking for production from SS, we should honestly call up Peraza or Cabrera. They’ve been tearing it up at AAA.

I’d take a flyer on Didi. They won’t. But I would.
I’d also rather Peraza at SS and see what he can do as well.

Didi this year has statistically this year not only been worse hitting but worse fielding than IKF. Call up the kids.

Let me tell you guys something that I won’t admit to a lot of people.

Yanks were better off going after Verlander than Cole.

Let me tell you guys something that I won’t admit to a lot of people.

Yanks were better off going after Verlander than Cole.
When? He was traded in 2017, not a FA. He pitched 1 game in 2020 and none in 2021. He's having a great year but he's 39 years old too.

He’s basically on a 1+1 contract right now.

I would have bitten during FA.

If it came down to it right now. Who do you trust to start a playoff game more? Verlander or Cole?

He’s basically on a 1+1 contract right now.

I would have bitten during FA.

If it came down to it right now. Who do you trust to start a playoff game more? Verlander or Cole?
I mean it's looking good now but giving $50m for 2 years to a 39 year coming off TJ and missing 2 seasons would have made my head explode at the time. It's easy to say differently now but come on.

I mean it's looking good now but giving $50m for 2 years to a 39 year coming off TJ and missing 2 seasons would have made my head explode at the time. It's easy to say differently now but come on.

I’ve always wanted him man. Since forever. Since the Tigers.

1+1 contract based on incentives, I’m taking a risk with that.

He’s always been a different breed.

This man’s numbers are insane right now (even if I’m clouded with recency bias)

36E84391-07BB-4DDB-98E2-5FF0C64F8E34.jpeg

I wouldn’t say going after Verlander instead of Cole is the right take.
But Verlander on top of Cole is a the correct take.

Nothing going to change that.

Whatever, it is what it is. Gotta deal with it, we move.

Just wish I could trust Cole for one game man.

Hope he proves me dead wrong.

Back
Top Bottom