New York Yankees Official Thread - vs O’s, 51-24 - Cole back!

Been saying this for like a month now. The only reason you’re keeping him down still has to be for his service time. He offers way more upside at the plate than IKF.

Most likely. Which is dumb.

Peraza’s ability to hit with power (based on every stop in the last two years) is worth far more and gives him way more leeway and upside lineup wise than IKF’s contact rate. And so long as he’s not the worst SS defensively, the gap on that side between him and IKF is minimal.

The idea of a young guy playing to keep a spot on a big league club, could be the jolt this team needs.

As much as everyone wants to say I’m doom and gloom, this team is not remotely close to being the best team anymore. And 13-17 since July 1st is evidence of that.

I was beyond confident the first 70 games of the season. Now we’ll be lucky to make it out of the 1st round of the playoffs.

Maybe it's better they have been off in July/Aug...then get hot again in September/October

the team has had a rough stretch as of recently... but still one of the best teams in the league... its all about what happens in the postseason... id hate to have the best record in the league and lose in the first round... so ya just make it to the playoffs and see what happens

the team has had a rough stretch as of recently... but still one of the best teams in the league... its all about what happens in the postseason... id hate to have the best record in the league and lose in the first round... so ya just make it to the playoffs and see what happens

Playoff is all about matchups. Drawing the right opponents and moving on.
Not being in the Wild Card game will be huge.
And avoiding Houston probably the key for the Yankees

dog days ...

can't front, i am a lil nervous with how we playin and other teams gettin hot at the right time. just hope we ain't blow our load too early ...

Last edited:
i agree on Holmes. people gon say Chap can't do it but let's see now instead of later when we might desperately need him to do it . didn't even realize we been that bad :smh:

Just seen too that we sent Ron Marinaccio down for Montas . Not sure how i feel cause dude been good but i know we had to open a spot. Send Hicks down :lol:

Hope Montas is as good as everyone makes him seem. I honestly don't ever remember seeing him pitch.

Last edited:
i agree on Holmes. people gon say Chap can't do it but let's see now instead of later when we might desperately need him to do it . didn't even realize we been that bad :smh:

Just seen too that we sent Ron Marinaccio down for Montas . Not sure how i feel cause dude been good but i know we had to open a spot. Send Hicks down :lol:

Hope Montas is as good as everyone makes him seem. I honestly don't ever remember seeing him pitch.
Ron Marinaccio going down baffles me. He's pitched late in games recently, like as King's replacement. He's allowed 1 run over his last 19 games, 22 IP. Peralta, Loaisiga, Trivino, and Effross have options left, I believe. I'd have sent Loaisiga down.

All this half in **** isn’t doing anything. We need to go all in and stop making these cute little trades. One game changer is worth more than these little mediocre pieces! (Still made we didn’t go all in for Soto)

So we substituted Montgomery who we know was fine pitching in this type of environment for Sonny Gray and a hurt CF.

Back
Top Bottom