New York Yankees Official Thread - vs O’s, 51-24 - Cole back!

I’ve always wanted him man. Since forever. Since the Tigers.

1+1 contract based on incentives, I’m taking a risk with that.

He’s always been a different breed.

This man’s numbers are insane right now (even if I’m clouded with recency bias)

36E84391-07BB-4DDB-98E2-5FF0C64F8E34.jpeg
Again, he got $25m at 39 after missing 2 full season due to TJ. It's easy to say now that we should have given him that but I don't remember you or anyone else banging that drum this offseason. Hindsight 20/20, sure it would have been great, buy I totally understand us and everyone but his former team passing on that gamble.

Again, he got $25m at 39 after missing 2 full season due to TJ. It's easy to say now that we should have given him that but I don't remember you or anyone else banging that drum this offseason. Hindsight 20/20, sure it would have been great, buy I totally understand us and everyone but his former team passing on that gamble.

Yea I was just dead*** venting out loud.

Gotta just hope Cole wakes up.

Excited to see Montas start, whenever that is.

40-50 a yr, what's it gonna take to keep Judge if other teams start throwing money at him to drive the price up up on the Yanks, something i can definitely see the Mets doing :lol:

If Judge win an MVP, TITLE, AND A WSMVP we're gonna have to name the courthouse, Rikers Island after him and put a statue of him next to lady liberty . Judge bettin on himself was pretty ballsy, now lets see if the Yankensteinbrenner's really wanna dig in those bottom less pockets 🤔

C'mon fam, we've seen it before. Dude was heartbroken leaving here, wasn't the same. Hearing that DiDi chant from 50 thousand after putting his first hr in the bleachers will wake that monster inside up. If i told u in the beginning of the yr we were gonna sign Carpenter, we'd all say why ? Guys get that fever again, that feelin of something might happen here instead of planning your winter vacation in August :smokin

I'd bring him back, can't cost that much to re sign him ..

Damn you definitely sold tf out of me on this. Cashman get this man on next flight right now!! I thought you were crazy till you referenced Carpenter :lol:

Damn you definitely sold tf out of me on this. Cashman get this man on next flight right now!! I thought you were crazy till you referenced Carpenter :lol:
Again Carpenter was at least hitting in the minors before we signed him. Didi is statistically having a worst season than IKF offensively and defensively.

i hear u 100% but i've said it here before a buncha times, we've gotten so used to information and just using numbers to rate these guys we forgot about the human element. Carpenter's just a perfect example of a guy who was a decent pro at the end of his career, probably thinking what the next half of his life's gonna be and then all of a sudden the Yankees want u and believe you're good enough to help. tell me that ain't gonna light a fire under your ***. we are witnessing a man playing with his *** ablaze knowing "this is it".

i seen it happen many times before. Scott Brosius was an absolute bum to me, never thought he was needed here but he came up super clutch and is now a Yankee legend. nobody even remembers him in Oakland. i honestly think if he came back the fans would luv it and we'd see better defense and a couple of upper deck hr portraits we'll remember .... along with my i told u so's here :lol:

Would the fans love it? Yes. He became a fan favorite. I liked Didi and wished we held on to him. But we can’t keep saying Carpenter. He was released in May by the Rangers (mutual decision) because they didn’t want to put him on the roster. In AAA he was still batting close to .280 with 6 HRs and 19RBI’s in a short time span.

He was producing. The same can’t be said for Didi. He’s regressed as a hitter and fielder. That’s a lot of hope you’re hoping for to put him on the roster and take someone’s spot.

And I don’t know what I told you so’s you’re talking about. You had to apologize to Stanton this year lol.

dude u have no idea how hype i am right now and we ain't even signing him :rofl:

just imagine tho, his 1st hr back would be exactly like that , maybe louder . DiDi always got love here. he made that transition from Jeter leavin so much easier :smokin

Peraza by the way is way too good to still be in AAA.

Would love to see them stop wasting time with him and bring him up. If he rakes, could fully be Peraza and Volpe on the left side next year, and they can cut bait with Donaldson.

A woof start for Benintendi. Didn’t even notice how bad he’s been at the plate. 1-22 so far. Sheeeeeesh

Peraza by the way is way too good to still be in AAA.

Been saying this for like a month now. The only reason you’re keeping him down still has to be for his service time. He offers way more upside at the plate than IKF.

Clay Holmes been two pack of *** recently.

Very disconcerting especially with Chapman looking more like a bodybuilder than dominant closer nowadays.

didnt watch the game but saw the box score and we lost...is Clay really that bad as of recently smh

Back
Top Bottom