New York Yankees Official Thread - vs O’s, 51-24 - Cole back!

That was fun, finally. Gotta take the series tomorrow, itd just be nice going into the break.

Mr Stanton nice to meet you !

STAY EVIL

bader 2.jpg

GOOD !!!

and why TF did Boone pull German when he did, wasnt even at 80 pitches ?? didnt seem to make any sense
Yea was only at 74 pitches. I know it's 3rd time through the lineup and he walked the guy to lead off the inning but still questionable there when we're going to Ian Hamiton. I'm OK with pulling him I guess but gotta go to the top end arms to close it out. We needed that win and the break starts tomorrow.

Boone said he wanted Domingo to go into the break on a high note.
The guy pitched a game that only 24 guys have done in 100+ years like 10 days ago. It happens like 0.01% of the time. For context, if it goes based on average, the next perfect game will happen 10,000 MLB games from now.

That man will be able to ride that in autograph signings for decades. :lol:

wtf are we doing?

Casey, 49, is something of an outside-the-box hire, as he’s never worked as a coach at the minor league or major league level since ending his 12-year playing career in 2008. The three-time All-Star has been working as a broadcaster and analyst on the MLB Network for the past several years. In that sense, there are some parallels between his hiring and that of manager Aaron Boone — another former player who went straight from broadcasting back into a big league dugout. Boone and Casey were teammates with the Reds from 1998 through 2003, when Boone was traded to the Yankees. That familiarity surely plays a role in the decision to consider and ultimately hire Casey despite his lack of experience coaching.

Ehh I don’t mind that hire too much. It’s only through the end of the season. I don’t think they’d find their guy at this point anyways.

Hiring a manager with no experience is one thing. That role is more about handling media than anything but a hitting coach is pretty damn technical. Like breaking down film and seeing minor adjustments is a skill. Hiring someone that's never done it before seems insane to me but what do I know.

IDK i mean I watched him breakdown swings on tape on MLB network numerous times. Seems to know what he’s talking about. Anyone, right now, is better than who they had. Just as a reminder, it was Austin Wells that corrected Volpe’s swing to where he’s had a huge uptick in production. Not our hitting coach.

COLE GETS THE START. THANK YOU THANK YOU !!!
Other than Guidry, Pettitte and Mariano, HE is my favorite Yankee pitcher ever, needed this with no Judge playing in the game. Thank you baseball for this one.

gc 2.jpg
Really wish I got to face Cole. Missed facing him by a season in college lol. UCLA came to our college classic the year after my senior season. He was their Friday night starter, Trevor Bauer was their Saturday starter that season.

Back
Top Bottom