New York Yankees Official Thread - vs O’s, 51-24 - Cole back!

we gon see em with beards sooner than we think. i'm sure we've lost out on guys because of it .

anyway ......

giphy.gif

whatever they want ....

Like I said, it’s all about that bottom dollar for Hal :smh:

You guys have no idea how much this pisses me off.

I’m actually repulsed to be a Yankees fan right now.

The most historic uniform in American Sports has just been massacred.

We don’t even allow player names on our uniforms but who allowed ads on them first?

DISGUSTING

You guys have no idea how much this pisses me off.

I’m actually repulsed to be a Yankees fan right now.

The most historic uniform in American Sports has just been massacred.

We don’t even allow player names on our uniforms but who allowed ads on them first?

DISGUSTING
The most iconic franchise is worth 7.1 billion and you’re willing to ruin the uniform for 20 mil?!! Hal has to be misappropriating Yankee profits if he stooped to this level.

I'd be more okay if they were winning and had ads on the jerseys... can't give us ads on jerseys and also be trash.

I'm not surprised it's happening, though.

I don't like the patch either but greed is a stinky cologne. I'm hearing people say they're doing this to pay Ohtani |l

He ain't coming here , Yanks are just gonna get used. Focus on reality and spending smart for once. We're not gonna add Ohtani with Stanton, Judge, Cole and Rodan's salaries. That's like a billion right there :wow::lol:

Try somehow to get someone to take Stanton and maybe, that'll never happen so concentrate on getting young. Soto is so perfect for this team. Soto and right field stands would be murderous.

Just bored at work , humor me ...

I think Cash is feeling pressure and then league knows it. My fear is the league will exploit that at the deadline.

Yea I like Stanton as a dude and all but man that's a terrible contract. He's good, not great, and hurt a lot. He's had one great year in his entire career. People said we fleeced the Marlins when we got him but man that trade looks worse and worse for us every year.

And yea the thing with the patch that's so disappointing is we've always built us up to be better than everyone else. No names on jerseys, no long hair or facial hair (which is dumb but whatever), and now this is what we cave on? Just an absolutely terrible look.

And yea the thing with the patch that's so disappointing is we've always built us up to be better than everyone else. No names on jerseys, no long hair or facial hair (which is dumb but whatever), and now this is what we cave on? Just an absolutely terrible look.
Agree 1000000% with this. But it boils down to this, Beards,Long hair and names on Jerseys weren’t going to get Hal extra money for his side activities.

Think I'm good with the Steinbrenner's. Seems like we're funding all of their outside activities while they know we ain't going anywhere so they'll throw us a name to keep us excited while not really giving a **** if we're winning. Of course yhey want us to win for their pockets but as long as we're good enuff and that bread keeps coming in nothing's gonna charge. Cash will be here for life and have a plaque in monument park that he designed. They fire him and all of a sudden they gotta pay a lil attention to the team, he's staying forever.

As far as Stanton, yeah he's another one here forever. Maybe we can somehow get the Dodgers or Mets to take him but I'm ready to see him here forever.

I have no doubts there’s some sense of urgency to try and trade for him and use that time here as a way to persuade him to stay. They’re not the same Yankees we’ve been used to. Whether that’s good or bad, we’ll see.

They’ve done things they’ve said they wouldn’t/never do. Added an advertisement, fired a coach in the middle of a season (Cashman said he would never do that; I know George did. Cashman has been essentially running this team for two plus decades now).

I’m hoping somehow/someway, this has lit a fire under their *** and start pushing in the right direction.

I really wonder if this is some revenge ploy by Hal cuz daddy never loved him as much as the yankees...

Cashman lasting 25 years as the GM of the Yankees is pretty incredible. I know a lot of people hate him, I get it. But damn man we've been in the playoffs in 24 of the last 28 years. That's wild. Nobody else is close to that. I know it's chip or nothing for most people, and I'm bummed if we don't win it all too, but there's something to be said about having the Yankees as part of almost every summer with some sense of hope bc anything can happen in the playoffs. Only really down time we had was 2013/2014. Obviously he has advantages, but others do too. Hell the Sox have missed the playoffs more in the last 10 years than we have in the last 25 years. Overall I'm good with Cashman, I appreciate the consistency. I can always bank on the Yankees being there for me late in the year with meaningful baseball.

Back
Top Bottom