New York Yankees Official Thread - vs O’s, 51-24 - Cole back!

Championships or Bust. That’s the Yankees Way. No Consolation Prizes.
Of course. Just saying there's something to be said for being in the playoffs year after year. As I've gotten older, I appreciate having the Yankees as the backdrop to my summer. If they were 20 games under, I wouldn't pay attention at all. Now I have a kid and the Yankees are a bond we have so yea I just view it a little differently now. Consistency is big for me. Missing the playoffs for 5 years in a row would be awful.

And let's be honest, we haven't been chip or bust in a long time. We haven't won one since 2009 and we still have the same GM and have had 2 managers over the last 15+ years.

And let's be honest, we haven't been chip or bust in a long time. We haven't won one since 2009 and we still have the same GM and have had 2 managers over the last 15+ years.
That’s my biggest issue.. we’ve become a club that accepts making the playoffs as a win. That’s not us. It would be great to see some occasional “give AF” from the front office. And that starts with moving on from cashman.

That’s my biggest issue.. we’ve become a club that accepts making the playoffs as a win. That’s not us. It would be great to see some occasional “give AF” from the front office. And that starts with moving on from cashman.

Exactly! The Boss wasn’t putting up with that just hapoy to be here attitude. That’s crazy we haven’t won a championship in 14 years. That’s a problem!

The Jeter slide says it all!

What's funny is there are multiple ways to skin this cat. You do NOT need to splash cash to win a ring, BUT you can't have a GM like cashman and be cheap... just doesn't work.

Man October is such a crapshoot. The best team rarely wins it all. The best you can do if get in and pray.

Exactly! The Boss wasn’t putting up with that just hapoy to be here attitude. That’s crazy we haven’t won a championship in 14 years. That’s a problem!

The Jeter slide says it all!

People over romanticize George. I appreciate his passion but his style wasn't great. Go look at where it got us in the early 90s. The only reason it turned around is bc he was suspended. He would have 100% dealt away the core 4. 100%. That's what he did. He always went for it, luck didn't go our way, then we were screwed. We went 13 years not making the playoffs. 13! It turned around when he left.

Cashman needs to go.

I don’t care if he’s consistently had us in the playoffs.

It’s the Yankees, he has all the resources in the world.

He only has all the resources in the world if he’s allowed to use those said resources. He hasn’t been able too.

I believe we lost out on Ohtani because at the time we were set on him only pitching.

Iirc he wanted to stay on the west coast bc it's closer to home. Maybe he's more US based and is cool with the east now, we'll see.

He don't seem like the kinda guy who would like the attention of the big city. He comes to NY he'll be on everything, anywhere u look. Just seems like a quiet dude who wouldn't really like it. I know nothing about this guy besides highlights. By the time he's playin I'm usually snoring. Just judging by the way he comes off to me.

But to be realistic, he ain't coming here so I'm not gonna waste any energy beggin the Yanks to give up all 5 boros and Judges locker. He's stayin somewhere on the west coast. Soto seems more realistic, thats where the Yanks should focus if they're not already.

And really, can u guys see Ohtani maintaining this kinda production with pitching ? Hitting fine but i don't see him being a great pitcher for the next 9-10 yrs. Now we all know MLB's gonna give him Cy Young and MVP this yr, I'd bet my life he gets both. That'll make him a 30-40 a yr for hitting and pitching each. This dude is gonna get a haul ...

Btw, just hearing rumors about the Yanks have interest in Arenado :wow:

Is this really possible cause I'd go pick him up right now if he needs a ride here on some

4gFOWM.gif

Man October is such a crapshoot. The best team rarely wins it all. The best you can do if get in and pray.
While I agree with you, my issue is we continue to have the same problems come playoff time. We all know them and yet they aren't properly addressed. Highest paid GM and no series win in 14 years is absurd, especially when you factor in our payroll. Don't even get me started on the poor decisions he seems to be making more often and the reluctance to accept/fix the errors.

While I agree with you, my issue is we continue to have the same problems come playoff time. We all know them and yet they aren't properly addressed. Highest paid GM and no series win in 14 years is absurd, especially when you factor in our payroll. Don't even get me started on the poor decisions he seems to be making more often and the reluctance to accept/fix the errors.
How do you address good hitters turning to **** for a week? Is he supposed to test players for the clutch gene?

Look, I'm not saying Cashman is perfect, he's made plenty of errors. I'm just saying he generally puts together a pretty good club. If a team that wins 100 games falls flat for a week in the playoffs, that's not on him. The players have to perform.

And the MLB playoffs are such a crapshoot. It's all about who gets hot. Look at 2021. The Braves would have literally missed the playoffs if they were in any other division. They won 88 games! They got hot, Eddie freaking Rosario turned into Babe Ruth for 2 weeks, and boom they win a title.

162 games is a waaaaay better test of who the best team is. October is a bunch of luck.

Bad hitting every single year though?.. cmon man. A roster full of power hitters with low averages, add the playoff pressure and its wash rinse repeat EVERY post season. What I am suggesting is maybe switch up the formula/move on those players.

Yea Cash couldn’t help for the team going cold and missing two of our best hitters (average wise) in the ALCS.

There’s A LOT of teams, especially ones with high payrolls, that haven’t won a World Series in the Last 14 years and have actually struggled (hello Mets). I get it we’re the Yankees, but a lot of stuff has to break right for those things to happen, as well as, good play.

Yea Cash couldn’t help for the team going cold and missing two of our best hitters (average wise) in the ALCS.

There’s A LOT of teams, especially ones with high payrolls, that haven’t won a World Series in the Last 14 years and have actually struggled (hello Mets). I get it we’re the Yankees, but a lot of stuff has to break right for those things to happen, as well as, good play.
Yall are acting like last season was a one off... thats been our playoff story.

No not at all but you’re also trying to act like there hasn’t been circumstances holding us back. Cashman has addressed things he could. Got a better hitting/fielding CF in Bader. Needed pitching and went out and acquired Montas (say what you want but he was highly coveted at the trade deadline) and Rodon (was probably the best pitcher on the market age-wise). No one knew DJ would struggle the way he has this season. Stanton, who when healthy, is a relatively consistent hitter (not for average, but at least puts it in play).

Cashman did do something different and prioritized defense for the first time in what feels like forever last season. That was complained about here but their defense went from middle of the pack to a top defense behind a developing pitching staff.

When you say change the approach, it sounds like you suggest going back to the 2000s approach where we threw big contracts at tons of guys and didn’t win. We did that from 2002 until until what 2013? And got 1 WS out of it. So you want to go through that again where you want to tear down our farm system and hamstring us with terrible contracts to maybe win a couple of games in October? You do realize Cash is working with what Hal and company are allowing him to work with right?

They stand still at the deadline and don’t do anything, absolutely flame Cashman and Hal. But let’s let it play out until then.

Bad hitting every single year though?.. cmon man. A roster full of power hitters with low averages, add the playoff pressure and its wash rinse repeat EVERY post season. What I am suggesting is maybe switch up the formula/move on those players.
There's better pitching in the playoffs so yea it makes sense. You act like the teams winning it are playing 80's style Cardinals baseball. No, most world series winners hit a lot of HR's.

Back
Top Bottom