New York Yankees Official Thread - vs O’s, 51-24 - Cole back!

that donaldson trade still doesn't make sense years later... cashman should take some accountability/responsibility for that blunder of a trade

Because you said most scouts don’t think Dominguez is that good but he’d probably be a top 10 pick and at age 20 is doing his thing in AAA, while the kid who all the scouts are raving about is struggling in Rookie ball. And Dominguez was in Rookie ball at a younger age and didn’t struggle no where near as much.
I didn't say they didn't think he was "that good.", as in not that great a player. You ignored the sentence before that statement.

Players often take a year or two to adjust to pro ball. Comparing a kid that turned pro at 16 to one that signed at 19 doesn't really work. If two guys are the same age and one signed pro at 16 and one signed at 19 after high school, the one that signed at 16 will normally be ahead of the one that's in his first season. Adjusting to pro ball is real. 4 years on minor league ball is better for development that high school.

My words:

"But seriously, you can name a handful of guys that came up at 19-20. It's very very rare. Is Dominguez that good? Idk, most scouts say no. "

That's not saying scouts don't think he's good, it's just saying the consensus isn't "What the **** are the Yankees doing for NOT having that kid up at 19?" The amount of guys that come up and play regularly at 19/20 is very very small. The only people that think Dominguez should have been up at 19 are delusional Yankee fans.

that donaldson trade still doesn't make sense years later... cashman should take some accountability/responsibility for that blunder of a trade
Not defending Cash, he can go, but we didn't give up anything worth a damn in that trade. I know Sanchez is doing ok this year in SD but his time was done in NY. idk if that was on him or coaching or what but it was beyond time for him to go. It's hard to say it was an awful trade when we didn't give up anything of value. It was just a shifting around of **** between teams.

I didn't say they didn't think he was "that good.", as in not that great a player. You ignored the sentence before that statement.

Players often take a year or two to adjust to pro ball. Comparing a kid that turned pro at 16 to one that signed at 19 doesn't really work. If two guys are the same age and one signed pro at 16 and one signed at 19 after high school, the one that signed at 16 will normally be ahead of the one that's in his first season. Adjusting to pro ball is real. 4 years on minor league ball is better for development that high school.

My words:

"But seriously, you can name a handful of guys that came up at 19-20. It's very very rare. Is Dominguez that good? Idk, most scouts say no. "

That's not saying scouts don't think he's good, it's just saying the consensus isn't "What the **** are the Yankees doing for NOT having that kid up at 19?" The amount of guys that come up and play regularly at 19/20 is very very small. The only people that think Dominguez should have been up at 19 are delusional Yankee fans.
So you’re saying Dominguez being signed at 16 is 3-4 years ahead of most normal Minor leaguers so in essence he’s 23 in minor league years so that means he’s ready to go! :lol:

So what’s better, scouts opinions,being ranked high, being drafted high, having all the tools, being the best high school player, Pro ball starting at 16, College or who gives a **** about all of that and let’s just go with whoever is performing the best?

Should have moved on from cash, Josh and Boone in the off-season

So you’re saying Dominguez being signed at 16 is 3-4 years ahead of most normal Minor leaguers so in essence he’s 23 in minor league years so that means he’s ready to go! :lol:
lol no. Maybe a year bc he got to adjust earlier. Guys that sign out of high school normally make it to the bigs younger than guys drafted out of college bc they get to adjust at a younger age.

So what’s better, scouts opinions,being ranked high, being drafted high, having all the tools, being the best high school player, Pro ball starting at 16, College or who gives a **** about all of that and let’s just go with whoever is performing the best?
There's way more to it than just looking at minor league stats. Some guys just don't have the tools for the next level. It's like some college football players are great but the NFL doesn't even give them a real look. Being great at one level doesn't mean you'll do well at the next level.

There's way more to it than just looking at minor league stats. Some guys just don't have the tools for the next level. It's like some college football players are great but the NFL doesn't even give them a real look. Being great at one level doesn't mean you'll do well at the next level.
I Def agree with this but you still have to give them a shot, just like 99% of college players that excelled in college were given a chance by an NFL team to see if they were NFL material.

And anyone with any common sense knew Tebow and Johnny weren’t going to be good NFL players but they were so good in college teams couldn’t help but to give them a chance just to see. Especially in baseball when a team has nothing to lose why not shoot for the stars if a player is putting up big numbers in AA/AAA. The reward is far greater than the risk.

And anyone with any common sense knew Tebow and Johnny weren’t going to be good NFL players but they were so good in college teams couldn’t help but to give them a chance just to see. Especially in baseball when a team has nothing to lose why not shoot for the stars if a player is putting up big numbers in AA/AAA. The reward is far greater than the risk.
I'd rather not be the team that drafted Tebow and Johnny.

For the 10th time, I'm not against giving him some run late this year. It's all about "why" for me. If it's bc he's ready and you want to get him a taste bc you plan on him being in the bigs next year, cool. But when fans use "Well so and so did it 30 years ago and our season is over so why not!?!?!?!" well I disagree with that.

Just a quick question , what happens to Dominguez if Cashman and Hank decide to throw money at every problem and start bringing back guys who had great yrs 5 yrs ago and washed up stars big money contracts ? Don't act like thats outrageous to think , i can definitely see the Yanks especially with Cashman tryin to solve everything with $ .

It doesn’t really surprise me. He’s a free agent after the season and you save $1 mil and open a roster spot.

It doesn’t really surprise me. He’s a free agent after the season and you save $1 mil and open a roster spot.
Also this
C922DEE0-6AE8-429A-AA6F-C78F950E6E02.png

Again. You can overcome bad defense. Can’t overcome bad offense.

Bader was a machine in the post season. Absolute tank.
But when you offer nothing offensively it’s pointless.

And yes, at every position.

Bader was fine offensively in 20 and 21. Not sure what happened in 22 and 23. We probably don't have the coaching to fix it so it's whatever.

Back
Top Bottom