New York Yankees Official Thread - vs O’s, 51-24 - Cole back!

Judge is still amazing, Gleyber is good, Volpe is looking more than serviceable since the Chicken Parm dinner, and Wells and the Alien will be up soon enough before the end of the season.

Little things that keep me excited about this team this season.

YOU are a true fan 🥰

Tbh the worst recent trade was Stanton. His money prevented us from going after someone like Harper. The money wasted in him is worse than any piece we gave up in the Donaldson deal.

Tbh the worst recent trade was Stanton. His money prevented us from going after someone like Harper. The money wasted in him is worse than any piece we gave up in the Donaldson deal.

Isn’t Stanton one of the greatest post season hitters in Yankee history? I know he carried us multiple seasons in the playoffs.

Sucks he can’t move anymore but I’m not hearing it. Yankees have plenty of money and chose not to go after Harper to save money.

Listening to the radio and mad people were saying Alex’s number should be retired. I agree but didn’t expect that many people to support it.

Isn’t Stanton one of the greatest post season hitters in Yankee history? I know he carried us multiple seasons in the playoffs.

Sucks he can’t move anymore but I’m not hearing it. Yankees have plenty of money and chose not to go after Harper to save money.
He's played 27 career postseason games. Less than 100 AB's.

Sure in a perfect world they'd have a $500m payroll and bad contracts wouldn't matter. I choose to live in reality. He's been with us 6 seasons now. He's been worth the money for 2 of them and it looks bad for the remainder.

If we had the ability to do it over again, knowing what we know now, no way should we make that trade.

But yea, the Stanton contract is abysmal.

Cashman made the trade because he was so hurt he didn’t get Ohtani.

Also Gleyber

IMG_4085.gif

Top 10 2B in the game isn’t good? lol he’s still good.
He's OK. Our definition of good is different if top 10 at their position is what we're pimping. That's bare minimum to be on the team for me, not someone I rave about.

What you keep going on and on about is elite. He is a good 2B. He has performed well for us when the majority of our lineup hasn’t. He - besides Judge, a better 2nd half Volpe, and Cole - has been one of the lone bright spots.

You act as if he’s just serviceable. Not really getting why your so dismissive on, what feels like, all opinions in this thread.

What you keep going on and on about is elite. He is a good 2B. He has performed well for us when the majority of our lineup hasn’t. He - besides Judge, a better 2nd half Volpe, and Cole - has been one of the lone bright spots.

You act as if he’s just serviceable. Not really getting why your so dismissive on, what feels like, all opinions in this thread.
I mean I think he's serviceable. He's OK.

Mookie is elite. Guys like Semien and Kim are good. Stot, Albies... good. When you get down to guys line Arraez, Gleyber, and Whit, they are OK. Solid players but definitely not something to rave about or build around.

I get our team is **** this year and Gleyber is one of our better players this year but you still have to keep perspective.

I'll even say he's a good bat at 2b this year, but his baserunning and defense knock him down overall bc he's bad at both. Some people can't grasp that there's more to baseball than batting so that's where the issue comes in.

Screenshot_20230830_223603_Chrome Beta.jpg

I don't want it to come across like I don't like Gleyber. I do. I'm glad he's hitting again. It's just weird to see some overrate him bc they are fanboys and almost everyone else on the team is ***. Gotta look around the league and compare him to others and you see he's just OK. Not good, not bad, just ok.

Back
Top Bottom