New York Yankees Official Thread - vs O’s, 51-24 - Cole back!

Also Gleyber

IMG_4085.gif

robert-de-niro-you.gif

The more he fights against it, the funnier it becomes.
Sorry, I'm not much of a troll on the internet kinda guy. I enjoy real discussion but seems like some don't like that so I'll just let you do your thing. If you want to run around yelling "Gleyber good!", go for it.

I completely understand there’s more than just hitting. Mookie’s number by the way are from the 3 different positions he’s played this season. Gleyber (118 games) has played almost 2.5X the games at 2nd than Mookie (49 games) this season.

Also, you look at that list and you can say all those 2B’s teams talent wise have been pretty superior to ours this season. Good baseball is absolutely infectious. Semien last year had a terrible year after signing a big deal, Stott was streaky last year batting .234 with a sub .700 OPS. Kim’s having a the best year of his MLB career but before that was avg to pedestrian his first season in the league.

I’m going to get a bit blunt here. Don’t know if it’s the mood or the month+ long 100+ degree weather here in Houston but…

I think the overlapping or all inclusive statements you make like, “Some people can’t grasp…” “or because the fanboys” when you refer to guys in here is a bit much. It’s big “smartest guy in the room” energy and honestly it’s how you come off. No one is asking for you to agree with everyone but damn you’re dismissive of pretty much all in here and it’s flipping exhausting.

We’re all armchair quarterbacking here. We all want to see this team succeed. No one’s answers or analytics are necessarily right or wrong. It’s one thing to have a discussion, it’s another to elevate your statements and claim that we can’t grasp because we don’t agree or are fanboys.

End rant.

Looking forward to seeing the kids play.

I completely understand there’s more than just hitting. Mookie’s number by the way are from the 3 different positions he’s played this season. Gleyber (118 games) has played almost 2.5X the games at 2nd than Mookie (49 games) this season.

Also, you look at that list and you can say all those 2B’s teams talent wise have been pretty superior to ours this season. Good baseball is absolutely infectious. Semien last year had a terrible year after signing a big deal, Stott was streaky last year batting .234 with a sub .700 OPS. Kim’s having a the best year of his MLB career but before that was avg to pedestrian his first season in the league.

I’m going to get a bit blunt here. Don’t know if it’s the mood or the month+ long 100+ degree weather here in Houston but…

I think the overlapping or all inclusive statements you make like, “Some people can’t grasp…” “or because the fanboys” when you refer to guys in here is a bit much. It’s big “smartest guy in the room” energy and honestly it’s how you come off. No one is asking for you to agree with everyone but damn you’re dismissive of pretty much all in here and it’s flipping exhausting.

We’re all armchair quarterbacking here. We all want to see this team succeed. No one’s answers or analytics are necessarily right or wrong. It’s one thing to have a discussion, it’s another to elevate your statements and claim that we can’t grasp because we don’t agree or are fanboys.

End rant.

Looking forward to seeing the kids play.
You may have missed the previous conversations about defense and baserunning but you can go back and find them if you like. Some itt are very dismissive of defense as a whole and only care about offense. There's a post in tbe last page or two saying as much. I'm not saying "can't grasp defense and baserunning" out of left field. We've had discussions about it, going back to Sanchez being atrocious behind the plate. As for fanboys, again it goes back to previous conversations here. Some were Gary fanboys too. We all have our guys and we get biased bc of it. No shade, I have them too. Really just Cole for me on the current club. Some people like to throw shade if he doesn't go 8 shutout every game and that irks me.

Semien was "awful" last year but was more valuable than Gleyber this year. You're kinda making my point for me there.

Agree on the kids. I'm interested to see if they are up to play daily or just get a feel for a big league clubhouse and schedule. Hope they get some run. I'd expect Dominguez in CF most days, assuming Bader is claimed or released tomorrow.

Yankees haven't been missing World Series because their defense isn't good enough in October.

Go look at the best team in baseball, and why they are the best team in baseball.

Watching a team give 9 free outs every night at least, and sitting here talking about not understanding the ambiance of fielding.

g-time g-time see I wasn't being the smartest guy in the room, some people just legit don't grasp the importance of defense. They'd be cool with 9 Schwarber and Vlad's in the lineup, defense be damned.

I think there needs to be a balance, not too far in either direction. All things equal I prefer bat, and you can go with an elite bat and punt on defense in spots, but having an atrocious overall defensive team rarely works out well.

And remembered that Altuve has been hurt and doesn't show in stats bc he's not qualified. He's definitely in the elite group. 158 wRc+ at 2b is nuts.

Still doubling down on the I know better and even included see!

That statement that essential1 essential1 made wasn’t about overall team defense. It was about the thing that has hurt us the last few Octobers now, which is offense. That has disappeared. You’re so fixed on trying to make a point you missed the big part of what he said.

I will admit I need to do a better job of just not responding. If someone wants to live in 1998 and only HR matters to them, that's cool. It's not my job to educate them and I get how it makes me look like a ****. I enjoy learning from others, some take offense to it, dig in, and get smug about it. It is what it is, sorry for letting it take up space itt.

Still doubling down on the I know better and even included see!

That statement that essential1 essential1 made wasn’t about overall team defense. It was about the thing that has hurt us the last few Octobers now, which is offense. That has disappeared. You’re so fixed on trying to make a point you missed the big part of what he said.
I swear you ride for him so hard I kinda think you're his burner account. It's hilarious.

If you're willing to learn from others, try taking and applying what's being said to you. Like you just said you just need to stop responding to others and it's not "your job to educate them." You can't see how that comes off as abrasive and having to be the smartest guy in the room? Who the hell likes being talked to like that? Again, makes this thread exhausting. Hell, even trying to have the last word basically with me just now.

I ride for him? Quite the reach you're making right now. Just letting bullets fly because I said something about it :lol:. Or maybe it's you make it a point to go at him quickly and dismiss and post whenever he posts or has something to say? Might want to check that trend that happens in here a lot. It's started to happen with another to and I guess me now :lol:.

If you're willing to learn from others, try taking and applying what's being said to you. Like you just said you just need to stop responding to others and it's not "your job to educate them." You can't see how that comes off as abrasive and having to be the smartest guy in the room? Who the hell likes being talked to like that? Again, makes this thread exhausting. Hell, even trying to have the last word basically with me just now.

I ride for him? Quite the reach you're making right now. Just letting bullets fly because I said something about it :lol:. Or maybe it's you make it a point to go at him quickly and dismiss and post whenever he posts or has something to say? Might want to check that trend that happens in here a lot. It's started to happen with another to and I guess me now :lol:.
I'm all for learning. If someone posts well thought out opinions backed up by data, awesome. I'm all for looking at things in new ways. I'm an old head and used to view things completely differently but have learned from others on other forums. But when someone just goes off vibes and disregards all data? Hard pass for me.

The fact you can't see this as a two way street where we are both responsible gives up the game. He knew exactly what he was doing when he posted that lol. But yea if I'm being honest you come across as his hype man. It's hilarious from my seat.

But yea it's clear people itt don't have any desire to view things from new age viewpoints. Noted. I'll just let yall do your thing and say go team go.

I will admit I need to do a better job of just not responding. If someone wants to live in 1998 and only HR matters to them, that's cool. It's not my job to educate them and I get how it makes me look like a ****. I enjoy learning from others, some take offense to it, dig in, and get smug about it. It is what it is, sorry for letting it take up space itt.
You literally said Gallo was good because he homers and walks a lot and baseball isn’t about small ball anymore because there are less hits because the pitchers pitch harder so small ball is obsolete and we were living in the past if we wanted contact hitters who get on base. You said homers and walks are the most improvement.

You've been doing it quite a bit with him though. There's no denying that. Did he that about Gleyber as bait for you? Maybe. Did you bite on it anyways possibly knowing that? With no doubt. He also might have said it because Gleyber has been pretty hot at the plate over the last 7 games with 11 hits, 7 runs, 3 doubles, and 4 HRs, 7 RBIs, and 4 walks.

Hype man? Going to need this explained because you're definitely just throwing stuff out there now basically because I said something to you.

You literally said Gallo was good because he homers and walks a lot and baseball isn’t about small ball anymore because there are less hits because the pitchers pitch harder so small ball is obsolete and we were living in the past if we wanted contact hitters who get on base. You said homers and walks are the most improvement.
All that's true. He just didn't walk or hit homers here.

I will say the new shift and base rules are bringing small ball back and that's awesome for the game.

You've been doing it quite a bit with him though. There's no denying that. Did he that about Gleyber as bait for you? Maybe. Did you bite on it anyways possibly knowing that? With no doubt. He also might have said it because Gleyber has been pretty hot at the plate over the last 7 games with 11 hits, 7 runs, 3 doubles, and 4 HRs, 7 RBIs, and 4 walks.

Hype man? Going to need this explained because you're definitely just throwing stuff out there now basically because I said something to you.
He's a grown man, he can have these discussions. You don't have to jump in and have them for him.

Gleyber has been hot. That's awesome. He's still sitting at the 10th best 2b for the year. That's OK to me. If that's "good" for you and others, that's cool too. "Good" is subjective and we all have different bars set for that.

Back
Top Bottom