New York YANKEES spring training thread......... 2 days until season starts: LETS GO YANKEES!

Yea, this pretty much wraps up CC to NY.

Unless he takes less money from the Dodgers (since he's building a huge house over there). Or if he decides he just can't handle the NY pressure and hestays in Brew Town.

[h1]Yanks Make Offer To Sabathia[/h1]
By Tim Dierkes [November 14 at 5:13pm CST]

5:13pm: Anthony McCarron of the New York DailyNews says the offer is for six years and $140MM.

4:37pm: Ed Price of the NewarkStar-Ledger says the Yankees made their initial offer to Sabathia, but they expect his agents to look around a bit.

1:14pm: SI.com's Jon Heyman says the Yankees willalso make offers to A.J. Burnett and Derek Lowe within the next day or two.

FRIDAY, 10:27am: ESPN's BusterOlney says this initial Yankees offer will be in the $140-142MM range. By the way, the Giants havealready touched base with Sabathia's agents.

THURSDAY: According to Joel Sherman of the New York Post,the Yankees will "aggressively extend a proposal" to C.C. Sabathia tomorrow. He believes the Yankees will go to "a financialregion that no other franchise would even consider" to lure the ace. Sherman's guess is an initial bid in the six-year, $150MM range (and that maynot be the final offer).

If the Yankees are successful in signing Sabathia, they hope to add A.J. Burnett or Derek Lowenext.

laugh.gif
i hope CC takes your guys' offer

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

laugh.gif
Me too
happy.gif

1. CC
2. Wang
3. AJ Burnett/Lowe
4. Andy/Moose/Lowe
5. Joba
happy.gif
what's moose and andy's deal at this point?
Moose = deciding next week
Andy = We'll take him back most likely if Moose decides to retire, he wants to play for the Yankees

Here is the message the Yankees are sending the rest of baseball:

Don't. Even. Try.

The Yankees have offered CC Sabathia a six-year deal worth $140 million. The record for a pitcher is six years and $137.5 million for Johan Santana. Don't be surprised if CC ends up with $150 million, or an average of $25 million a year.

That the Yankees are opening with a record-setting offer indicates how serious they are about landing Sabathia. Do not expect an answer this weekend as agent Greg Genske needs to shop it around. But as the Dodgers dance with Manny and the Angels tango with Teixeira, what team could top that? There is a sense around baseball that it's only a matter of time before the Yankees get this done.

Sabathia indicated several weeks ago that he does not plan to make this a drawn-out process. The Yankees, by their actions today, are in full agreement.

There are indications the Yankees will open negotiations with Derek Lowe and A.J. Burnett by early next week. When Brian Cashman says he wants multiple starters, he very well could mean Sabathia, Lowe or Burnett and Andy Pettitte.

That would close the door to Teixeira and Ramirez. But I'm not sure those doors were ever much open to start with.

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

laugh.gif
Me too
happy.gif

1. CC
2. Wang
3. AJ Burnett/Lowe
4. Andy/Moose/Lowe
5. Joba

happy.gif
what's moose and andy's deal at this point?
Peitite wants to come back for atleast 1 more year. The Moose is going to make a decision some time next week whether he's retiring. But Ithink he's going to come back, he's so close to 300.

i just got a bad feeling about cc coming to nyc =/

i do want him but something is telling me its not going to work

i guess its the fact that he doesnt have postseason success. and probably the fact that he was pitching pretty bad the beginning of the year when he was withcleveland

you add CC and Burnett/Lowe..(or both)

it makes no damn sense to use Joba as a starter..specifically when thinking about the post season.

The Yankees are ridiculous. 140 mil for the A-Rod of Starting Pitchers? They need to stop spending obscene amounts of money and learn how to get the most outof their ridiculously overpaid players.

Originally Posted by N3FF 3000

The Yankees are ridiculous. 140 mil for the A-Rod of Starting Pitchers? They need to stop spending obscene amounts of money and learn how to get the most out of their ridiculously overpaid players.

If you got the money USE IT.

You mean Alex?

[table][tr][th=""] [/th] [th=""]G[/th] [th=""]AB[/th] [th=""]R[/th] [th=""]H[/th] [th=""]2B[/th] [th=""]3B[/th] [th=""]HR[/th] [th=""]RBI[/th] [th=""]TB[/th] [th=""]BB[/th] [th=""]SO[/th] [th=""]SB[/th] [th=""]CS[/th] [th=""]OBP[/th] [th=""]SLG[/th] [th=""]AVG[/th] [/tr][tr][td]2008:[/td] [td]138[/td] [td]510[/td] [td]104[/td] [td]154[/td] [td]33[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]35[/td] [td]103[/td] [td]292[/td] [td]65[/td] [td]117[/td] [td]18[/td] [td]3[/td] [td].392[/td] [td].573[/td] [td].302[/td] [/tr][/table]

If that's the case, which numbers would you like to see increase?

Or maybe you mean The Captain?

[table][tr][th=""] [/th] [th=""]G[/th] [th=""]AB[/th] [th=""]R[/th] [th=""]H[/th] [th=""]2B[/th] [th=""]3B[/th] [th=""]HR[/th] [th=""]RBI[/th] [th=""]TB[/th] [th=""]BB[/th] [th=""]SO[/th] [th=""]SB[/th] [th=""]CS[/th] [th=""]OBP[/th] [th=""]SLG[/th] [th=""]AVG[/th] [/tr][tr][td]2008:[/td] [td]150[/td] [td]596[/td] [td]88[/td] [td]179[/td] [td]25[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]69[/td] [td]243[/td] [td]52[/td] [td]85[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]5[/td] [td].363[/td] [td].408[/td] [td].300[/td] [/tr][/table]
Yea...he should put up WAY better numbers huh...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Frankie CALentino

The Yankees are ridiculous. 140 mil for the A-Rod of Starting Pitchers? They need to stop spending obscene amounts of money and learn how to get the most out of their ridiculously overpaid players.

If you got the money USE IT.

Yeh too bad that formula hasn't worked out for them in nearly a decade.
Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

^ like who? Which "ridiculously overpaid player" should we focus on "getting the most" from?

I don't follow baseball stats super hardcore like you do but it doesn't take a genius to realize that your team is underachieving when they fail tomake the playoffs with a 200 mil pay roll.
laugh.gif
at posting A-Rods stats. Where's his postseason stats....? Oh thats right.

Our starting pitching last year SUCKED..... besides the fact that our best pitcher was injured all year, Wang. We NEED some GOODSP.
We add CC.... Wang becomes a #2 now & moves everyone else down in the rotation.... not to mention if we get Burnett or Lowe
pimp.gif

Damn, 6 yr/140?

I just hope he produces like he did in that second half this past season for us this upcoming season.

And Moose isn't coming back?
frown.gif

I'm glad we're actively pursuing pitching thiss offseason.

That's what was lacking last season.

CC
Wang
Joba

That's a good start.

Back
Top Bottom