New York YANKEES spring training thread......... 2 days until season starts: LETS GO YANKEES!

I'm sorry but how is saying that your team is underachieving an "asinine" comment? You guys just spend and spend and spend. No amount of money isgoing to make A-Rod hit in the playoffs. You guys can offer CC a billion dollar contract and he still wont pitch well in the playoffs.

Originally Posted by yankees1129

burnett or lowe
eyes.gif
not really excited about either two.
AJ if he stays healthy.... has nasty stuff and can be dominating.
Originally Posted by true 3 blue

And Moose isn't coming back?
frown.gif
He might come back.... probably not, but maybe. I'm holding out hope.

Originally Posted by N3FF 3000

I'm sorry but how is saying that your team is underachieving an "asinine" comment? You guys just spend and spend and spend. No amount of money is going to make A-Rod hit in the playoffs. You guys can offer CC a billion dollar contract and he still wont pitch well in the playoffs.
I'd rather have A-Rod & CC.... players who are some of the best in the game.... who will get you to the playoffs & giveyou a chance.... who once they make the playoffs, could possibly do something well because they are capable.

Rather then having some DOOKIE players like.... SIDNEY PONSON making tons of starts
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

TBONE95860 wrote: I'd rather have A-Rod & CC.... players who are some of the best in the game.... who will get you to the playoffs & give you a chance.... who once they make the playoffs, could possibly do something well because they are capable. Rather then having some DOOKIE players like.... SIDNEY PONSON making tons of starts

I hear you on that, but when your paying 280 and 140 million for whoever, they should be producing in the postseason, no?

That is quite a contract. CC should stay in the NL where he will face inferior lineups, and have a much better chance at success. I can see 2 years fromnow(assuming he goes to the Yankees) fans clamoring for him to be traded out of town.

Yall acting like Chein Ming Wang produced in post season (06')

.. and why does everyone care how much we pay him. lets actually try & get the best and stop trying so hard to not spend like we did with johan last year.
i mean if half of the world of yankee fans didn't think that johan allowed too many HR's & wasn't going to be worth it for melky,hughes,kennedyare obviously wrong. i rather be have c.c on the team & fail then sidney or victor zambrano & fail.

with that said lets get manny and hit him clean up.

and if we don't get manny which we should. i believe arod needs to hit 3rd this year. we need our best player to hit in the first inning of every game. andlet bobby or whoever we got to hit clean up. i mean sure they can intentionally walk arod, but that would just mean a great year rbi wise at least for the guyhitting 4th.

and don't front like there weren't times last season where you trusted bobby abreu more then derek jeter. i trust abreu is going to make contact a lotof the time he has the bat in his hands.

Will we see this picture in every sports section in every newspaper in the upcoming weeks?
60e15f67ca5e886f9cab86b7a7ba8e39afa7c30.jpg

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Also:

[h2]http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2008/11/14/hank-we-want-all-the-pitchers/[/h2]
[h2]Hank: We want all the pitchers[/h2] November 14
After hours of unrelenting torture at the hands of the Associated Press, Hank Steinbrenner broke down tonight and revealed what the Yankees are up to.

Steinbrenner confirmed that Brian Cashman made an offer to CC Sabathia. Then he added: "And we're prepared to make offers to (A.J.) Burnett and (Derek) Lowe. I'm starting to become very optimistic. I think it's going to be mutually beneficial to us and for these particular players that we're after for them to join the Yankees."

Offers are a long way from acceptance. But if the Yankees are seeking Sabathia, Burnett and Lowe, are they prepared to leave Andy Pettitte by the side of the road? Or are they offering three, hoping to get two and then moving on to Pettitte?

One thing is fairly certain: They're not messing around.

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

i just got a bad feeling about cc coming to nyc =/

i do want him but something is telling me its not going to work
That's exactly how I feel.
ohwell.gif
I don't know...Idon't mind having CC, but I just have a bad feeling about it...dude's a workhorse, no doubt...but son has pitched close to 500 innings the last twoyears. The numbers that he put up as a Brewer were great, but he's not going to be doing that in the AL (East). And this isn't Milwaukee...it's NewYork. He's obviously the best pitcher out there and I don't mind the Yankees being aggressive, but I'd feel a whole lot better about it if it wasSantana...I don't see CC producing the #'s he is now when he's in his 5th, 6th year of the contract.

Burnett and Lowe? Ehh...Burnett is Pavano 2.0 IMO and I don't see Lowe fitting in here...maybe it's because I live in MA and saw how the last few yearsin Boston were...dude let the media/fans/criticism get to his head and that obviously wouldn't work around here.

Call me a pessimist, but I'm just not sure things are going to work out in our favor...
frown.gif

Can someone answer me why keep Joba in the rotation if you have..

CC
Wang
Burnett/Lowe
Pettite

Wouldn't you rather have those 4 and a dominant back end?

Yeah, I know he's a 'natural starter, etc, etc.

...I think his situation has been handled terribly anyway..

I pray to god that the NYY sign AJ Burnett. This guy would be the perfect whipping boy to NYY fans. Heartless, injury prone, inconsistent, overpaid...out withPavano, in with Burnett
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by allen3xis

CC
Wang
Burnett/Lowe
Pettite

Joba wants to start. Only way he is put into the pen as a setup man is if he gets over his seemingly unwavering desire to play a certain position(word to Posada not wanting to play any other position instead of catcher)

I think the Yanks end up with CC and Lowe out of the top available SP this off-season. I see Burnett returning to Toronto.

And Nick Swisher is a pretty solid acquisition, but I may be one of the few on NT that will say Teixeira is worth the big money...

I give props to the yankees urge to win and do it at all/any cost...but giving that much money to a pitcher isn't good. Plus CC is gonna A-rod #2 and chokein the playoffs. Dude is huge....and I see him being another david wells and just getting fat as !*%!

Originally Posted by jrp44

eyes.gif

I still don't have a good feeling about C.C.
i feel like you're the only yankee fan who feels this way

and if i was a yank fan, id agree with you. thats why im almost glad he's gonna sign with you

^^ I only appear positive because I don't want to go through another year of "OMG WE COULDVE GOTTEN (name of ace pitcher goes here) BUT WE DIDNT WAHHWAHH WAHH CRYCRYCRY BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW"

Originally Posted by allen3xis

CC
Wang
Burnett/Lowe
Pettite

SP > RP

ALL DAY

and come playoffs.... he could then slide into the bullpen

eyes.gif

So lets sign Sidney Ponson and have him be the #5 instead.... yippppeeeee!
Please.
Sabathia is nasty & we might as well take a chance.

Or lets just forfeit another season and say screw the playoffs. Who really cares about the playoffs anyway???

Bottom line....

WE NEED STARTING PITCHING!!!!

Originally Posted by toine2983

Originally Posted by yankees1129

burnett or lowe
eyes.gif
not really excited about either two.
Me either.
alien.gif

I don't know why not.....

Burnett is nasty.
He just has to stay healthy.

Chamberlain HAS to stay in the rotation. He is our future ace. This dude was beastly last season. We have to continue to cultivate that talent. Here'shoping we get Sabathia.

burnett = pavano 2.0
lowe = kevin brown

that's how i see it. i wonder if houston is willing to shop oswalt around.

terrible deal. i hope we don't get sabathia. we offer this amount of money to sabathia, but were unwilling to do the same for santana? santana is farsuperior to sabathia. sabathia has done nothing in the post-season. he chokes every year. and if he comes to new york. he will wilt under the pressure. he willnot put up the numbers you're seeing him put up with milwaukee and cleveland

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

eyes.gif

i feel like you're the only yankee fan who feels this way

and if i was a yank fan, id agree with you. thats why im almost glad he's gonna sign with you
I think its just me and onewearz
laugh.gif

So lets sign Sidney Ponson and have him be the #5 instead.... yippppeeeee!
Please.
Sabathia is nasty & we might as well take a chance.

Or lets just forfeit another season and say screw the playoffs. Who really cares about the playoffs anyway???

Bottom line....

WE NEED STARTING PITCHING!!!!

I mean obviously he is a good pitcher.....I just have a bad feeling about it. First of all the dude pitched his last like 5 starts on 3 days rest.Who knows if that will effect how his future would be. Second of all I just don't see him being dominant like he was in Milwaukee. Dude had NO pressure atall there. He really didn't in Cleveland either. He had it good there. He just doesn't seem like the dude that would like N.Y. I really thought hewould go to the Dodgers or Giants or something to tell you the truth.

Obviously if he pitches great and it works out all good, then I will gladly admit that I was wrong
laugh.gif

Also....why they hell do people want Lowe
alien.gif

Here's the way I see it.

Yes, Sabathia is a good pitcher. Hew could be VERY good (Brewers) or he could be VERY bad (Indians). One thing is for sure though. HE is a work-horse. Speakingof that, I'm a little worried that his arm might not last 6 years. He just finished pitching 253 innings last year. That's a huge amount of innings.The reason he pitched so many innings was because the Brewers didn't really have a 'Pen. Our 'Pen is decent and our offense (if they play the waythey should) could put up enough runs to get him out by the 7th with a win. But like everyone has stated, we NEED starting pitchers.

Now, as far as Burnett and Lowe go, they are both big IFs. IF AJ can stay healthy, we've got ourselves a great pitcher. He's got nasty stuff, he canput up innings, and he's capable of shutting down a powerhouse offense. Again, IF he's healthy. I personally don't like Lowe. I don't know whythe Yanks are pursuing him.
  1. CC
  2. Wang
  3. Burnett
  4. Joba
  5. Hughes/Moose/Pettitte
The Yanks also need to get Brian Fuentes. Our bullpen looks decent this year.
  • Bruney
  • Coke
  • Marte
  • Veras
  • Ramierz
  • Aceves
All in all, I just feel like the Yanks should get CC and Burnett. 2 SP's will make this team a whole lot better. Especially 2 lefties.

Back
Top Bottom