New York YANKEES spring training thread......... 2 days until season starts: LETS GO YANKEES!

Originally Posted by allen3xis

or he could be VERY bad (Indians)
that never happened outside of this seasons first month.

CC..will be fine...

Only worry about him when postseason time comes.

He was 6-8, 3.83 ERA in 18 games with the Indians. That's not that bad, but being that he was the Cy Young the year before, that's notthat good.

Nah it wasn't good..but I'm saying that was only cause of the month of April. He pitched well after that.

Originally Posted by hellofromnyc

terrible deal. i hope we don't get sabathia. we offer this amount of money to sabathia, but were unwilling to do the same for santana?
Last year, the Yankees over-valued their young talent (Hughes, Kennedy, Melky...though some will tell you that the Twins were asking for toomuch). Now that they have learned from their mistake, they are hoping that history won't repeat itself.

Originally Posted by jrp44

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

eyes.gif

I still don't have a good feeling about C.C.
i feel like you're the only yankee fan who feels this way

and if i was a yank fan, id agree with you. thats why im almost glad he's gonna sign with you
I think its just me and onewearz
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

i just got a bad feeling about cc coming to nyc =/

i do want him but something is telling me its not going to work
That's exactly how I feel.
ohwell.gif
I don't know...I don't mind having CC, but I just have a bad feeling about it...dude's a workhorse, no doubt...but son has pitched close to 500 innings the last two years. The numbers that he put up as a Brewer were great, but he's not going to be doing that in the AL (East). And this isn't Milwaukee...it's New York. He's obviously the best pitcher out there and I don't mind the Yankees being aggressive, but I'd feel a whole lot better about it if it was Santana...I don't see CC producing the #'s he is now when he's in his 5th, 6th year of the contract.

Burnett and Lowe? Ehh...Burnett is Pavano 2.0 IMO and I don't see Lowe fitting in here...maybe it's because I live in MA and saw how the last few years in Boston were...dude let the media/fans/criticism get to his head and that obviously wouldn't work around here.

Call me a pessimist, but I'm just not sure things are going to work out in our favor...
frown.gif
frown.gif
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by yankees1129

lowe = kevin brown
Word. That's how I see him ending up too...without the injuries though. Just the effectiveness...
ohwell.gif

I'm not real high up on Burnett nor Lowe...like I said previously, Burnett is a Pavano situation waiting to happen...

[/miss cleo vision]

Originally Posted by CarolinaPack04

smh.. not excited about CC at ALL.
Let me ask you (and every other Yankee fan that isn't excited), which do you think we'll have a better season with?:

Pick 1 scenario (Assume that we get Burnett and Joba starts):

Scenario A:
  • Wang
  • Burnett
  • Joba
  • Mosse/Pettite
  • Hughes
Scenario B:
  • CC
  • Wang
  • Burnett
  • Joba
  • Moose/Hughes

eyes.gif

I still don't have a good feeling about C.C.
i feel like you're the only yankee fan who feels this way

and if i was a yank fan, id agree with you. thats why im almost glad he's gonna sign with you
I think its just me and onewearz
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

i just got a bad feeling about cc coming to nyc =/

i do want him but something is telling me its not going to work
That's exactly how I feel.
ohwell.gif
I don't know...I don't mind having CC, but I just have a bad feeling about it...dude's a workhorse, no doubt...but son has pitched close to 500 innings the last two years. The numbers that he put up as a Brewer were great, but he's not going to be doing that in the AL (East). And this isn't Milwaukee...it's New York. He's obviously the best pitcher out there and I don't mind the Yankees being aggressive, but I'd feel a whole lot better about it if it was Santana...I don't see CC producing the #'s he is now when he's in his 5th, 6th year of the contract.

Burnett and Lowe? Ehh...Burnett is Pavano 2.0 IMO and I don't see Lowe fitting in here...maybe it's because I live in MA and saw how the last few years in Boston were...dude let the media/fans/criticism get to his head and that obviously wouldn't work around here.

Call me a pessimist, but I'm just not sure things are going to work out in our favor...
frown.gif
frown.gif
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by yankees1129

lowe = kevin brown
Word. That's how I see him ending up too...without the injuries though. Just the effectiveness...
ohwell.gif

I'm not real high up on Burnett nor Lowe...like I said previously, Burnett is a Pavano situation waiting to happen...

[/miss cleo vision]
my bad
laugh.gif

I haven't really read that many replies, I just remember onewearz didn't like the idea either a while back
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
yeah i didn't really go thru the entire thread either.

the whole reason i'm not a big CC fan is that he's not a post season pitcher. but i guess if he can get you there, i guess thats a start. maybehe'll be different in october with the yanks. also, a dude that big, i can't see him staying healthy unless he gets in shape, i dunno. he's gonnabreakdown i feel like.

the whole reason i'm not a big CC fan is that he's not a post season pitcher. but i guess if he can get you there, i guess thats a start. maybe he'll be different in october with the yanks. also, a dude that big, i can't see him staying healthy unless he gets in shape, i dunno. he's gonna breakdown i feel like.
If Ortiz hasn't broken down, CC won't
laugh.gif
. I kid, Ikid.

But Like you said, If he could get us there, we're in a better position than we are now. And remember, in the postseason, ANYTHING can happen. RightDeadsetAce?
laugh.gif

[h1]Rosenthal's Latest: Peavy, Teixeira, Burnett[/h1]
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [November 15 at 9:54am CST]

Ken Rosenthal's got an interesting new column up.
  • Now that talks with the Braves have ended for the time being, Padres GM Kevin Towers is talking with the Yankees about Jake Peavy. The Yankees have had "numerous discussions" with the Padres, even though they just offered C.C. Sabathia a contract and are still considering A.J. Burnett and Derek Lowe.
  • Even though the Yankees traded for Nick Swisher, they could still have interest in Teixeira if he's willing to consider a shorter contract of four or five years for top dollar.

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

the whole reason i'm not a big CC fan is that he's not a post season pitcher. but i guess if he can get you there, i guess thats a start. maybe he'll be different in october with the yanks. also, a dude that big, i can't see him staying healthy unless he gets in shape, i dunno. he's gonna breakdown i feel like.
If Ortiz hasn't broken down, CC won't
laugh.gif
. I kid, I kid.

But Like you said, If he could get us there, we're in a better position than we are now. And remember, in the postseason, ANYTHING can happen. Right DeadsetAce?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
my point exactly. ortiz has broken down big time. two seasons in a row now where he missed significant time.

and yes, ANYTHING can happen, even the Rays can get to the world series now
laugh.gif

Those who are worried about CC Breaking down need to stop. He is not going to, there is tons of president for big buys to stay healthy just because dude is fatdoes not necessarily mean he is not working in the off season. It seems to me CC's worth ethic is pretty great and is the type of pitcher who makesadjustments every year.

CC will have a long relatively injury free career his athleticism combined with his good mechanics will keep him pitching into his 40's and is one of thefew pitchers that I'm comfortable with making a long term investment.

Sabathia76534490_Twins_v_Indians.jpg

DavidWells_2007_001.jpg

Video_Pitching_CCSabathia_CF_CH_86_60FPS_001.gif

- Keeps his glove hand arm bent and near body
- His elbow never raises above his shoulder
- His arm is vertical by the time his foot hits the ground

CC will be fine.

laugh.gif
my point exactly. ortiz has broken down big time. two seasons in a row now where he missed significant time.

and yes, ANYTHING can happen, even the Rays can get to the world series now
laugh.gif
You know, I wouldn't be surprised somehow the Royals or Orioles make the W.S next year.

If my memory serves me well, I remember hearing that the Padres wanted Cano and a prospect for him.

I might be wrong though.

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

If my memory serves me well, I remember hearing that the Padres wanted Cano and a prospect for him.
I might be wrong though.
Probably more then that.... like Hughes maybe?
If we get rid of Cano though (hope not) we can get O. Hudson
pimp.gif

Yeah I really want to keep Cano....dude just had a real bad start last year.

If we get Peavy and CC and have Wang and Joba....

devil.gif

Osh Kosh with the ill analysis
pimp.gif

CC = the next David Wells (minus the drinking and bar fights
laugh.gif
)

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Osh Kosh with the ill analysis
pimp.gif

CC = the next David Wells (minus the drinking and bar fights
laugh.gif
)
And Drunk perfect games.

And vicious words with The Boss.

Hey, I won't complain if he hurls a no-hitter or a perfect game while being buzzed/migrained.

Just so long as an official scorer doesn't consider an error to be a hit...

CC is not going to be the next Hideki Irabu, I hope
roll.gif

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Hey, I won't complain if he hurls a no-hitter or a perfect game while being buzzed/migrained.

Just so long as an official scorer doesn't consider an error to be a hit...

CC is not going to be the next Hideki Irabu, I hope
roll.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
smh.gif
roll.gif

irabu.jpg

If you guys have in your rotation

CC
Wang
Burnett
Lowe
Mussina
Pettite
Jaba
Hughes

You guys might be pretty good.
laugh.gif

Then all you'll need to do to fill out your roster is get

Damon
Jeter
A-Rod
Manny
Teixeria
Posada
Abreu
Cano
Swisher

All signed and then you can work on your bench. 300 million dollar payroll, but hey, you're the Yankees.

smh.gif
smh.gif

i wouldnt mind trading cano for peavy. i still like hughes though.

that would be crazy if the yanks get both cc and peavy...it would be lights out from there

So what's the timeframe for when CC will accept/reject our offer?

Back
Top Bottom