New York YANKEES spring training thread......... 2 days until season starts: LETS GO YANKEES!

frown.gif

One of my favorite pitchers & he had a great year last year.
Too bad to hear.

My predictions on the rotation.....

CC Sabathia
Chien Ming Wang
AJ Burnett/Derek Lowe
Andy Pettitte
Joba Chamberlain

the sox traded coco crisp to the royals today, that could possibly open up a trade for david dejesus
pimp.gif

get on it cash money ..........

Needs to swoop in and say NL teams.... you lose, too slow!
laugh.gif

All the NL teams have been doing this in regards to Peavy and what the Padres want for him....
grin.gif

Peavy is locked down, so the Pads don't have to trade him. They are asking for a big package of prospects, more than what the Mets paid for Santana. Peavy doens't want to go to the East Coast or the AL, so if he does get traded to the Yankees, expect for Cashman to tear his contract up and pay himmarket value as a condition to the trade (Peavy took a paycut to stay in SD). Furthermore, he was out for a month last season with an elbow strain and hismechanics show signs of a pitcher that is going to suffer a major injury soon. Padres are trying to trade him while his value is high, and before he suffers amajor injury
wink.gif

CC Sabathia
Chien Ming Wang
Jake Peavy
AJ Burnett
Derek Lowe/...(Mike Mussina/Andy Pettitte)
Joba Chamberlain

That is highly possible, but the Yanks will have to highly overpay Sabathia, Lowe and Burnett to play in the Bronx. I like CC, and I think hewill be solid in whatever uniform he wears next season. Good luck with Lowe and Burnett. Burnett wants five years,
laugh.gif
, walking injury. Derek Lowe wants $16 annually,
laugh.gif
, trust me, if you are a Yankee fan, you guys better run to Costco and get abulk package of Tums.

I thought for sure Moose would go for 300.
frown.gif

I hope he changes his mind and comes back for it. We might not see another one after Randy squeaks by.

Originally Posted by MFr3shM

Mike Mussina To Retire

According to Ken Rosenthal, Mike Mussina is retiring to spend more time with his family. He goes on out top, with a 20 win season in 2008. The Yankees were already operating under the assumption he would retire.

Moose finishes with 270 wins and a 3.68 career ERA. Is he Hall of Fame material?
in my opinion he is not a hall of famer.
I don't think he's a HOF either.

Congrats to Moose for his service to the Yanks...had some ups and downs, but at least he got that 20 win season that eluded him...should have gotten a ring inthat '01 Series.
tired.gif

I'm hoping Pettitte comes back for one more...
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

CC Sabathia
Chien Ming Wang
Jake Peavy
AJ Burnett
Joba Chamberlain
That is highly possible, but the Yanks will have to highly overpay Sabathia, Lowe and Burnett to play in the Bronx. I like CC, and I think he will be solid in whatever uniform he wears next season. Good luck with Lowe and Burnett. Burnett wants five years,
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
, trust me, if you are a Yankee fan, you guys better run to Costco and get a bulk package of Tums.

Most likely...

CC Sabathia
Chien Ming Wang
AJ Burnett/(Derek Lowe)
Andy Pettitte
Joba Chamberlain

This rotation is fine with me and it's a good one. I would have liked to have seen Mussina over Andy... but I think Andy will have a betteryear this year then he did last.
I think Burnett will get 4 years & I don't think the Yankees will get Lowe.

Ugh.

I don't want ANYTHING to do with Burnett nor Lowe. I've said it 2430823823 times...but it's not gonna end up good. This dude Burnett been on the DL7 times in his career...elbow problems and all that @%!$. Lowe wants 16 mil a year?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

CC Sabathia
Chien Ming Wang
Jake Peavy
AJ Burnett
Joba Chamberlain
That is highly possible, but the Yanks will have to highly overpay Sabathia, Lowe and Burnett to play in the Bronx. I like CC, and I think he will be solid in whatever uniform he wears next season. Good luck with Lowe and Burnett. Burnett wants five years,
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
, trust me, if you are a Yankee fan, you guys better run to Costco and get a bulk package of Tums.
Most likely...

CC Sabathia
Chien Ming Wang
AJ Burnett/(Derek Lowe)
Andy Pettitte
Joba Chamberlain

This rotation is fine with me and it's a good one.

Aceves
Marte
Roberston
Coke
Mo
Veras/ Bruney (not both)
Edwar

w/ this as the bullpen, I like how that looks...

Peace Mussina. Thanks for nothing honestly.

Coming from a real yankee fan. We got you. You did nothing, but be solid... AT times.

He was paid like a star for no reason.

Peace homeboy. Bring Andy back ! Forget Lowe & Burnett.

Originally Posted by iM COOL C

Coming from a real yankee fan. We got you. You did nothing, but be solid... AT times.

[table][tr][td]SEASON[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]GS[/td] [td]CG[/td] [td]SHO[/td] [td]IP[/td] [td]H[/td] [td]R[/td] [td]ER[/td] [td]HR[/td] [td]BB[/td] [td]SO[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]ERA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2001[/td] [td]34[/td] [td]34[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]228.2[/td] [td]202[/td] [td]87[/td] [td]80[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]42[/td] [td]214[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]3.15[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2002[/td] [td]33[/td] [td]33[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]215.2[/td] [td]208[/td] [td]103[/td] [td]97[/td] [td]27[/td] [td]48[/td] [td]182[/td] [td]18[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]4.05[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2003[/td] [td]31[/td] [td]31[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]214.2[/td] [td]192[/td] [td]86[/td] [td]81[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]40[/td] [td]195[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]3.40[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2004[/td] [td]27[/td] [td]27[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]164.2[/td] [td]178[/td] [td]91[/td] [td]84[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]40[/td] [td]132[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]4.59[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2005[/td] [td]30[/td] [td]30[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]179.2[/td] [td]199[/td] [td]93[/td] [td]88[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]47[/td] [td]142[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]4.41[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2006[/td] [td]32[/td] [td]32[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]197.1[/td] [td]184[/td] [td]88[/td] [td]77[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]35[/td] [td]172[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]3.51[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2007[/td] [td]28[/td] [td]27[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]152.0[/td] [td]188[/td] [td]90[/td] [td]87[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]35[/td] [td]91[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]5.15[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2008[/td] [td]34[/td] [td]34[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]200.1[/td] [td]214[/td] [td]85[/td] [td]75[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]31[/td] [td]150[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]3.37[/td] [/tr][/table]
As a Yanke for 8 years....

123 W
72 L
3.87 ERA

laugh.gif
yes i'm questioning your fandom

moose as a yankee was pretty good , whenever he matched up with pedro
pimp.gif
those games were epic and always 2-1 or 1-0 yankee wins

bounce ..........

Originally Posted by onewearz

laugh.gif
yes i'm questioning your fandom

moose as a yankee was pretty good , whenever he matched up with pedro
pimp.gif
those games were epic and always 2-1 or 1-0 yankee wins

bounce ..........
onewearz, you took care of it before I put in my input. Shame at you iM COOL C.

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Ugh.

I don't want ANYTHING to do with Burnett nor Lowe. I've said it 2430823823 times...but it's not gonna end up good. This dude Burnett been on the DL 7 times in his career...elbow problems and all that @%!$. Lowe wants 16 mil a year?
laugh.gif
QFE.

I swear to God if we sign those two or Ben Sheets for that matter....
smh.gif

Moose.
frown.gif

Thanks for the years of service, you will be missed.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Originally Posted by toine2983

Moose.
frown.gif

pimp.gif

Shame that bastard Everett broke up his Perfect game.

Anyone else think Moose will be in the HOF, just not first ballot?

Originally Posted by Yoda

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Originally Posted by toine2983

Moose.
frown.gif

pimp.gif
Shame that bastard Everett broke up his Perfect game.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

vs. the Red Sox, David Cone also pitched a gem that night (for the Sox)...but was forgotten in the perfect game hype. ONE FREAKIN' STRIKE AWAY...
mad.gif

I remember watching the game with my cousin...we talked about the perfect game in like the 6th inning and went quiet the rest of the way when we saw it wasserious...didn't want to "jinx" it.

My dumb $** self (right before the pitch that Everett hit) said "Why is Mussina throwing it in the same location as before? Carl's gonna get ahit".

And sure enough...
smh.gif
sick.gif
tired.gif

I received so many punches that night....

Received this e-mail from Arn Tellem, who is Mike Mussina's agent:

Mike will be making a decision on his intentions shortly. Given the significance of this to Mike, I would hope you can respect his desire to be the author of any such announcement consistent with his own time table. A decision of this magnitude should not be the subject of unconfirmed rumors and speculation. Accordingly, I am not going to make any further comment until Mike has made his final decision.

Word is that an announcement could come as soon as tomorrow. Joe Girardi told us this evening that the team has not had any contact with Mussina or even offered him a contract. So obviously he is retiring.

Boras is going to fleece whatever team gets Lowe. Trust me, there is no Dodger fan that I know that is shedding a tear seeing him go.

He is frustrating to watch. When his sinker ball doesn't sink,
mad.gif

i would love to offer arod to the cards for pujols... but that will never gapen
frown.gif

Phil Hughes in his final start in the Arizona Fall League tonight:

5 innings, 2 hits, 0 runs, 0 walks, 10 strikeouts. 76 pitches/53 strikes. Both of the hits he allowed were singles. He also struck out four of the last five batters he faced, all swinging.

The Yankees would be flat crazy to trade Hughes. His injuries have all been freak things and he obviously has great ability. Signing big-time guys is fine and it makes sense when there is a need. But the key to putting together a consistent championship contender is developing your own pitching. You need to pay for what a guy will do, not for what he has done for somebody else.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

JUST SAY NO TO LOWE.

my new slogan

I'll take Hughes > Lowe in the rotation
laugh.gif

i agree to not signing lowe, but if the right player comes up in a deal for hughes ( adrien gonzalez , matt cane, aaron rowand , david dejesus ) , you mightjust have to deal him. hughes right now is a serious roll of the dice. if he can't do it against major league hitting we're stuck with him. i likehughes though so hopefully it works out and he becomes the pitcher the yanks projected him to be ...........

Originally Posted by onewearz

i agree to not signing lowe, but if the right player comes up in a deal for hughes ( adrien gonzalez , matt cane, aaron rowand , david dejesus ) , you might just have to deal him. hughes right now is a serious roll of the dice. if he can't do it against major league hitting we're stuck with him. i like hughes though so hopefully it works out and he becomes the pitcher the yanks projected him to be ...........
Ehhh...I wouldn't for those guys.

Cane is legit, but Hughes has more upside than him, IMO.

His stock has dropped...but I would rather keep him if those are the type of players we can get for him.

Back
Top Bottom