New York YANKEES spring training thread......... 2 days until season starts: LETS GO YANKEES!

Originally Posted by bkmac

Originally Posted by Dunkaroos

Abreu, Giambi, and Damon need to go
Giambi can go, Damon and Abreu can stay.

Damon is a damn good leadoff hitter when he's on, so he isn't going anywhere.

Abreu, I'll be upset if we don't re-sign him (which is looking likely that we won't.) He is guaranteed 100 RBIs and many Walks. His defenses and ability to go to play to the wall at Yankee Stadium is questionable, but still. I'm an Abreu fan, ecstatic when we traded for him for basically nothing.

Damon's vagina for an arm is one of the reasons why I won't mind seeing him go....Anyone think of him as the possible permanent DH/Leadoff?

Abreu is more scared of the wall than CC walking into Weight Watchers....Sure, he get's alot of walks, is patient at the plate, and is good for 90-100RBIs,again...What about him as the possible permanent DH?

Abreu needs to be our RF.

Manny needs to DH/LF it. If that's our lineup I'll pitch the fifth starter for .25 an hour.

Ohh & get Bernie Williams back on the Yankees ASAP.

Originally Posted by Yoda

Originally Posted by bkmac

Originally Posted by Dunkaroos

Abreu, Giambi, and Damon need to go
Giambi can go, Damon and Abreu can stay.

Damon is a damn good leadoff hitter when he's on, so he isn't going anywhere.

Abreu, I'll be upset if we don't re-sign him (which is looking likely that we won't.) He is guaranteed 100 RBIs and many Walks. His defenses and ability to go to play to the wall at Yankee Stadium is questionable, but still. I'm an Abreu fan, ecstatic when we traded for him for basically nothing.

Damon's vagina for an arm is one of the reasons why I won't mind seeing him go....Anyone think of him as the possible permanent DH/Leadoff?

Abreu is more scared of the wall than CC walking into Weight Watchers....Sure, he get's alot of walks, is patient at the plate, and is good for 90-100RBIs, again...What about him as the possible permanent DH?
when damons hot hes great but the other 150 games he isa huge let down , id take abreu any day for a permanent dh

Originally Posted by iM COOL C

Abreu needs to be our RF.

Manny needs to DH/LF it. If that's our lineup I'll pitch the fifth starter for .25 an hour.

Ohh & get Bernie Williams back on the Yankees ASAP.
Whaa?

Yoda's right about Bobby's fear of the wall. It was incredible, and very obvious. I don't think he'll be missed w/ Nady steppin in.

And on paper, that Melky for Mike trade doesn't look that bad. Now maybe RC24 can focus for the entire season, thus elevating his game to where we know hecan take it.

And can anyone tell me the address of the new stadium??

I wouldn't mind seeing Bobby as the permanent DH...I just hate him in the outfield.

Why are you guys all talking about Abreu like we are going to bring him back?
There is pretty much a 0% chance Abreu is coming back
laugh.gif

Definitely a better chance we get Manny before Abreu comes back.

I forgot we got Nady.

But let me just say that Abreu is a great asset to any line up. He has a fear of the wall that he makes up with talent.
Like playing balls off the wall great(he gets a lot of practice i know) & that arm that aint not named Ichiro is testing. And he's a consistent contacthitter which is necessary on a team with so many different parts that don't really mesh will yet at least.

And the stadium is going to be right there by the old one.

roll.gif
@ damons vagina of an arm
roll.gif

abreu played right field like if he was on the edge of a cliff. i like dude but his time was up. lets get manny to replace his offense ( and then some )

vagina of an arm
roll.gif

g_jeter_frt.jpg

Originally Posted by Aristotle604

Damn this "go spend some small countries' GDP on free agents if you can" mentality baseball has! Salary cap anyone!?...Sighhh, when will the Blue Jays EVER get to contend?!! Damnit!! Baseball needs parody... maybe have more than just 4 playoff spots,, add a couple more? and shorten the regular season?
ohwell.gif

They're gonna get AJ Burnett and maybe Ben Sheets too??! FACKK! I do have a feeling Sabathia isn't gonna have that great a year cause if he has ONE bad start the fans are gonna be ALLL over him....

If the Yanks get Manny on top of all this, I might end up crying......no, seriously.....

I won't. Cuz I will be dying of laughter when they lose in the 1st round next year. When has buying everybody ever worked for them?

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Why are you guys all talking about Abreu like we are going to bring him back?
There is pretty much a 0% chance Abreu is coming back
laugh.gif

Definitely a better chance we get Manny before Abreu comes back.

29erk0g.gif

BERNIE MIGHT MAKE COMEBACK !!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3763387

Williams hopes to play for Puerto Rico

Former New York Yankees center fielder Bernie Williams has never retired.

And there may be a reason why.

ESPN's Bonnie Bernstein has learned Williams will fly to Puerto Rico next week to play winter ball with the hopes of representing Puerto Rico in the WorldBaseball Classic in March.

The 40-year-old Williams, who won four Gold Golves in 16 seasons with Yankees, hasn't played since his contract expired after the 2006 season.

Instead, he has been focusing on his music career. His second jazz album is due out next spring.

Two-third of Puerto Rico's starting outfield is already locked up with Alex Rios in right field and Carlos Beltran in center. Manager Jose Oquendo saidWilliams would most likely be used as a DH, pinch hitter and backup outfielder.

Puerto Rico's provisional 45-man roster will be released in mid-January with the finals cutdown to 28 coming in mid-February.

Williams has not ruled out a major league comeback but says he is focused on his music.

yo i'd give anything to see bernie play 1 more year for the yanks. i'd assassinate damon and drown matsui if it meant he could be a fourthoutfielder/dh for the yanks. highly unlikely that we'd sign him but if he tears it up in the WBC the yanks should really consider it. the fans would gobeserk if he's there on opening day
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

p1_bernie_homer_ap.jpg

BRING BERNIE HOME HANK !!!!!!!

610x.jpg

pettite should take it man , seriously. i doubt he'll get more on the market unless there's any truth to rangers wanting him. i hope he takes it causewe can still use him. 10 million is more than enough for this guy, his savings account must be nuts, i dont see him as a big spender and the yanks have paidhim more than enough for his career. for him to ask for more dough would be alittle selfish imo ...........

Seriously Andy, just take it. Just give us 1 more year in the new stadium and call it quits.

This dude wants 16M....PLEASE.

Source: Burnett, Yankees agree on deal

By Jerry Crasnick
ESPN.com
Updated: December 12, 2008, 4:57 PM ET
Free agent right-hander A.J. Burnett has reached preliminary agreement on a five-year, $82.5 million contract with the New York Yankees, a baseball source toldESPN.com.

Burnett
While Yankees general manager Brian Cashman and Burnett's agent, Darek Braunecker are still negotiating final contract terms, the deal is expected to becomplete once Burnett passes a physical exam, the source said.
Burnett, who turns 32 in January, will join CC Sabathia at the top of a revamped starting rotation in New York. The Yankees agreed to terms on a seven-year,$161 million contract with Sabathia earlier this week.

The Yankees made a late charge to beat out the Atlanta Braves for Burnett, who went 18-10 with a 4.07 ERA in 35 starts with Toronto this season. New York isstill looking for one more starter, and Cashman left the winter meetings in Las Vegas this week to meet with long-time Yankee Andy Pettitte.

In December 2005, Braunecker and his agency, Frontline Sports Management, negotiated a five-year, $55 million deal that included an opt out clause after threeseasons. It was the first opt-out provision ever in a pitcher's contract.

Between the money that Burnett earned in Toronto and the guaranteed $82.5 million that he's scheduled to receive from the Yankees, his overall payout fromthe 2005 Toronto contract will amount to $115.5 million over eight seasons.

Rolling a 5-year, $82.5 million dollar dice on an AL East strikeout king who is 5-0 against the Red Sox in his career. While I have reservations about hisinjury history, he is much more talented than Carl Pavano, ex-teammate on the Marlins, and the word is he's become smarter in terms of staying healthy.With our bullpen, we can keep his workload lower than he's probably used to with the weak Blue Jays offense. If he stays healthy, the 1-2-3 punch of leftySabathia and two righties Burnett and Wang, the Yankees will be a force to be reckoned with. Now, it's all up to Pettitte to decide if he wants to returnfor $10 million and be the true veteran and the only owner of any World Series rings on the pitching staff. If not, you can get on the Yankees signing BenSheets. We're definitely not making a move for Lowe, no reason to have two sinkerballers in one rotation.

Back
Top Bottom