New York YANKEES spring training thread......... 2 days until season starts: LETS GO YANKEES!

Originally Posted by AmericanDream

word on the streets is that the Cammy/Melky deal is doneski

crosses fingers

M!ke

smh.gif
eyes.gif
ohwell.gif

ATTENTION ALL YANKEE FANS!!!

Alright guys. Now that we've went Christmas Shopping and got 2 Starting Pitchers, I feel like I have to ask this question.

Who should be our 2009 Opening Day starter? Seems obvious, but it isn't.

A) CC Sabathia- Our newest member. Arguably better than anyone in our staff. The fans wanna see how he does with his ridiculous contract. Oh, and did I mentionwe open up vs his former AL team?

B) Wang- Our proven ace. The fans are anxious to see if he can return to his 38 wins in 2 year form.

C) Joba- I just threw him out there cause of his popularity. I don't think there's any chance that he starts Opening Day, but we never know.

To me, I think we have to give it to Wang. He's been our Ace, and there is no reason why he shouldn't pitch the first game at our new house.

they already said cc's gonna pitch in the stadium opener and opening day............

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

Originally Posted by onewearz

they already said cc's gonna pitch in the stadium opener and opening day............
mad.gif
mad.gif

Where did they say this?

i heard it i think on espn or wfan, one of them cause thats all thats on in my house . they were goin gaga over the possible cliff lee cc matchup ........

Seriously? Bernie coming back? I did miss him though, Melky was
sick.gif
on offense except for the early part of last season.

160 mil too much for CC....there's only 2 pitchers in baseball that are true aces, that is year in year out they are aces, not some years on, some yearsoff, that is Santana and Roy Halladay...

....as with AJ burnett, that's carl pavano all over again

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

160 mil too much for CC....there's only 2 pitchers in baseball that are true aces, that is year in year out they are aces, not some years on, some years off, that is Santana and Roy Halladay...

Hi hater! Hi hater!

CC, Wang, AJ, Sheets/(Andy), Joba >>> your favorite team

160 mil too much for CC....there's only 2 pitchers in baseball that are true aces, that is year in year out they are aces, not some years on, some years off, that is Santana and Roy Halladay...

Well when Halladay is a free agent too we'll make him an offer.

Originally Posted by Frankie CALentino

Well when Halladay is a free agent too we'll make him an offer.
He's got 2 years left.... 2009, 2010.
He'll be 32 next year, 33 during 2010 year....
That's 34 as a free agent.... with probably getting a 3-4 year deal.

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

29enais.jpg
(01:34:17) Mattea:my dad wonders if the yankees will "let him wear his cap to the side"
(01:34:47) Mattea: i don't think they care that much
(01:35:03) Mattea: i also heard that he was tested positive
(01:35:08) Mattea: for ice cream
(01:35:10) Brian: LMAO

ATTN TEAM YANKEE MEMBERS:

What are the odds of getting everyone to hit up a game this year (Being they still have $5 FujiFilm games)?

I'm good for some brewskis, some burgers, maybe some mary jane...

I'm definitely making my way back to NYC for some games this year in the new stadium
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Not sure for how long, but no question I'm seeing some games this year.

Well let us know when and we'll try and set it up for when you're in town.

Originally Posted by Yoda

What are the odds of getting everyone to hit up a game this year (Being they still have $5 FujiFilm games)?

I'm definitely in.

And I live 5 minutes from the stadium, so I'll be willing to pick up the tickets as long as I'm given the money.

Don't know if y'all trust me, though.
laugh.gif

As long as you don't try and get at me asking for the dough like those guys around the stadium tryin' to sell you those boojie tickets, I can trustyou.

Edit: Last year I bought a 7 pack and 4 single games, and I ended up only going to 4..
smh.gif

Mainly cause of work and how I hate taking the train in.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

I'm definitely in.
And I live 5 minutes from the stadium, so I'll be willing to pick up the tickets as long as I'm given the money.
Don't know if y'all trust me, though.
laugh.gif
How many games you go to a year?? If I lived 5 minutes away I'd go to SO many games.... like 40+
laugh.gif

When I was living in NYC I hit up like 25+
If I end up moving back to NYC & I got $ (from being a lawyer eventually hopefully).... I'm buying season tickets
pimp.gif

I used to go to 10+ a year, but with work/school, I haven't gone as much.

I did hit a Subway Series game and a Red Sox game for the first time last year, though (we lost both
smh.gif
).

We gotta get something together, though. We say this every year.
laugh.gif

I did hit a Subway Series game and a Red Sox game for the first time last year, though (we lost both
smh.gif
).
laugh.gif
Man there is nothing like Yankees/Red Sox games
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I've been to 6 now.
If/when I come out there I'd love to go to a Yanks/Sox game in the new stadium.
I gotta get up & buy those tickets online on ticketmaster when they go on sale... I always forget, then they're sold out.

As long as you don't try and get at me asking for the dough like those guys around the stadium tryin' to sell you those boojie tickets, I can trust you.

Edit: Last year I bought a 7 pack and 4 single games, and I ended up only going to 4..
smh.gif

4?? Come on Yoda
smh.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif

I've gone to more then 4 games in a week almost positive
laugh.gif

Yankees baseball + Yankees Stadium (
frown.gif
) FTW!!!

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

smh.gif
).

laugh.gif
Man there is nothing like Yankees/Red Sox games
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I've been to 6 now.
If/when I come out there I'd love to go to a Yanks/Sox game in the new stadium.
I gotta get up & buy those tickets online on ticketmaster when they go on sale... I always forget, then they're sold out.

As long
as you don't try and get at me asking for the dough like those guys
around the stadium tryin' to sell you those boojie tickets, I can trust
you.

smh.gif

4?? Come on Yoda
smh.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif

I've gone to more then 4 games in a week almost positive
laugh.gif

Yankees baseball + Yankees Stadium (
frown.gif
) FTW!!!

I know..And 2 of those games were the 2nd & 3rd games of the season
smh.gif

Plus, my little brother ALL OF A SUDDEN likes baseball, and I couldn't get any tickets where I was sitting, so I didn't wanna leave him behind so Iended up not going...

I do regret not taking him to atleast one game so he could say I was in THAT stadium
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom