New York YANKEES spring training thread......... 2 days until season starts: LETS GO YANKEES!

pimp.gif
That would be fun.....I should be back in NY in May after I graduate.

Originally Posted by Yoda

ATTN TEAM YANKEE MEMBERS:

What are the odds of getting everyone to hit up a game this year (Being they still have $5 FujiFilm games)?

I'm good for some brewskis, some burgers, maybe some mary jane...

I would love to hit up a Yankee , except for the fact that I live in an another country.
laugh.gif

If I'm ever in New York attending a game would be #1 on my to do list.

As for our offseason activity here's my thoughts (taken from AJ Burnett thread)

As a Yankees fan my reaction to our signing C.C. and Burnett can be summed up as follows
grin.gif
ohwell.gif

The fact that we had to ante up an extra 20 million to get C.C. to come isn't very reassuring to me. I'm not sure he's built to play in New York.

As for A.J. he screams "Carl Pavano 2.0" to me.
eyes.gif

As much as I'd like to
pimp.gif
about these big free agent signing with the rest of you guys based on our track record I can't.

I really really hope I'm wrong though.
ohwell.gif

ATTN TEAM YANKEE MEMBERS:

What are the odds of getting everyone to hit up a game this year (Being they still have $5 FujiFilm games)?

I'm good for some brewskis, some burgers, maybe some mary jane...
I'm definitely in , but it would have to be a weekend if its before the middle of may

Toine, any chance of you comin' to the states sometime this year?

What country you in my man?

And, May looks like a prime month..School will be over with, so people are gonna have time and what not..End of May (Might be goin' to PR with my boys for4 days or whatever after school ends)?

Toine, any chance of you comin' to the states sometime this year?

What country you in my man?

I'm in the Bahamas, not sure if/when I'll be coming back to the States.

Yo, I'm definitely in this. I mentioned it last year. I live in NJ, and I'd go to as many games as you guys want.

Only problem is, I'm only 18 (19 in January) so I'll just settle for some Orange juice with pulp.

If we get this going....I say some beers before the game in a few bars....then during the game maybe hydrate a little...then back to the bars after....unlessyou dudes are gonna buy me a $10 beer
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

I used to go to 10+ a year, but with work/school, I haven't gone as much.
I did hit a Subway Series game and a Red Sox game for the first time last year, though (we lost both
smh.gif
).
We gotta get something together, though. We say this every year.
laugh.gif
Man there is nothing like Yankees/Red Sox games
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I've been to 6 now.
If/when I come out there I'd love to go to a Yanks/Sox game in the new stadium.
I gotta get up & buy those tickets online on ticketmaster when they go on sale... I always forget, then they're sold out.
Yeah, it was awesome. Met some really cool Sox fans who where getting heckled all game by the whole section.
laugh.gif

i wanted 2/3 cc aj sheets....now i want 1/2 sheets manny

yanks biggest problem over the last few years has been their starting pitching striking out guys....they should lead the league with K's

i'm in for a game, i live in the bronx ( fordham ) so i'm close . i'd be down for some brews and maybe we can pick a fight with some sox or metfans
laugh.gif

btw new stadium, we need a fresh new team yankees sig. lets get one together and get a new one up for next season. something snazzy ......

Originally Posted by onewearz

btw new stadium, we need a fresh new team yankees sig. lets get one together and get a new one up for next season. something snazzy ......

Hmm..Maybe something with a flash of gold to represent the lettering on the outside?

Jordan201, don't worry bro, I'm gonna be 19 when the season opens, so I'll bring some Goose for that OJ with pulp
pimp.gif

Toine, we'll take enough pix for you to think you were there so we got you..

BTW, if this goes down, HTTB PM'd me saying we could all hang out at his place..Sleep, crap, eat, whatever we need, he said he has no problem...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by onewearz

Hmm..Maybe something with a flash of gold to represent the lettering on the outside?

Jordan201, don't worry bro, I'm gonna be 19 when the season opens, so I'll bring some Goose for that OJ with pulp
pimp.gif

Toine, we'll take enough pix for you to think you were there so we got you..

BTW, if this goes down, HTTB PM'd me saying we could all hang out at his place..Sleep, crap, eat, whatever we need, he said he has no problem...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
I'll bring a protective mother skunk and her babies.

team yankees , the most hospitable team on NT
laugh.gif

i like the gold in the sig, gonna try and work on one tonight ...........

Yo so whats good with setting up for a game (s) this season like now.. that way we don't do this last minute.

Hard to do cause we don't know when people are gonna be available and what not..

how bout we just tentatively plan it for june, let's say within the first two weeks then we can see who's available and whether or not it would be thebest date to accommodate as many of us a possible

[h1]Yankees Pursuing Mannyhttp://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2008/12/yankees-pursuin.html[/h1]
By Nat Boyle [December 14 at 11:21am CST]

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2008/12/yankees-pursuin.htmlThe New York Post's George A. King III reports that if the Yankees can't get Mark Teixeira, they're "right there on" Manny Ramirez.
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2008/12/yankees-pursuin.html
"If they pass on Teixeira, the Yankees will try and bolster a sagging lineup with Ramirez... And to clear some money, they might entertain offers for outfielder Xavier Nady, who made $3.35 million last year, is arbitration eligible and a free agent after the 2009 season."

The article mentions a 3 year deal despite Scott Boras seeking five.

King suggests Jermaine Dye is another option; however, Dye has the Yankees listed as one of six teams he would veto a trade to.

If Teixeira wants 200 mill like the O's and Nats are offering how are we going to afford that? That's some serious cash.

Manny would be hilarious and good on the Yanks.

Originally Posted by DiPlOMaT007

[h1]Yankees Pursuing Mannyhttp://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2008/12/yankees-pursuin.html[/h1]
By Nat Boyle [December 14 at 11:21am CST]

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2008/12/yankees-pursuin.htmlThe New York Post's George A. King III reports that if the Yankees can't get Mark Teixeira, they're "right there on" Manny Ramirez.
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2008/12/yankees-pursuin.html
"If they pass on Teixeira, the Yankees will try and bolster a sagging lineup with Ramirez... And to clear some money, they might entertain offers for outfielder Xavier Nady, who made $3.35 million last year, is arbitration eligible and a free agent after the 2009 season."

The article mentions a 3 year deal despite Scott Boras seeking five.

King suggests Jermaine Dye is another option; however, Dye has the Yankees listed as one of six teams he would veto a trade to.

devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

if we do land manny we'll be the oldest team in baseball . only drawback........

i'd trade damon if we can instead of nady ..........

sig check
pimp.gif
lemme know if yall want it ......... i think i like this better

edit: no images in sigs

Back
Top Bottom