New York YANKEES spring training thread......... 2 days until season starts: LETS GO YANKEES!

for the Yankee fans that care, AROD will be speaking tonight according to Bob Raissman of the New York Daily News

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Man, I never liked Arod. When he came here everybody was geeked but I was more so '
grin.gif
' .

Prove something to me this year son.

This is the worst year to ask of this Dre. He will have a circus with him at all times and still expected to perform at super human standards. If he can shinethis year through all this, and possibly lead the Yankees to the promise land, he just might be somewhat absolved of all wrong doings...maybe

im glad dude is admitting it. excited for the interview tonight. Admitting it is the best thing he can do. by the time he retires (at least 10 yrs) and thenthe 5 years it takes to get in the hall. He'll be 15 years removed from all this and hopefully by then he'll have a few rings (
eyes.gif
) and the fans will love him. (again
eyes.gif
)

either way this dude needs to have a BIG year

Originally Posted by CarolinaPack04

im glad dude is admitting it. excited for the interview tonight. Admitting it is the best thing he can do. by the time he retires (at least 10 yrs) and then the 5 years it takes to get in the hall. He'll be 15 years removed from all this and hopefully by then he'll have a few rings (
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
)
the thing is, he's denied it in interviews before. he's only admitting it now that he's been caught and exposed. don't get mewrong, i'm not an arod hater or anything. i think the dude is a hell of a ball player. but the whole, "at least he's coming clean" thing isbs because he's lied about it in the past. he obviously can't deny it any longer since the proof is now out there.

Back when I wanted to write a spring training preview story, I talked to Brian Cashman. He revealed a few things that are at least somewhat interesting.

· The Yankees will use Joba Chamberlain as their No. 5 starter from the start of the season. There are no plans to pitch him out of the bullpen. "That is why bringing Andy (Pettitte) back was so important," Cashman said.

Having Chamberlain as the No. 5 will allow the Yankees to easily skip his turn on occasion, thus controlling his innings.

· Cashman said he "absolutely" likes the idea of keeping Xavier Nady and Nick Swisher on the roster. While a trade is possible, there is value in roster flexibility. "Nady can cover us in left and right. Swisher can play first, left, right and center in an emergency. It gives our manager a lot of choices," Cashman said.

In theory, Joe Girardi can rotate Nady, Swisher, Johnny Damon and Hideki Matsui in left, right and DH. One guy sits, everybody stays fresh.

· There are high hopes for Melky Cabera to reclaim center field. "Melky played well in winter ball and he has to show the competitiveness to put last season behind him," Cashman said. "The good ones always find a way."

Cashman also stressed it was a competition and that Brett Gardner will get a long look. They want Austin Jackson to stay in the minors.

· Cashman is "wide open" to the idea of having veteran free agents come to camp on minor-league deals to try and make the team. No word yet as to who those might be.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

im glad dude is admitting it. excited for the interview tonight. Admitting it is the best thing he can do. by the time he retires (at least 10 yrs) and then the 5 years it takes to get in the hall. He'll be 15 years removed from all this and hopefully by then he'll have a few rings (
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
)
the thing is, he's denied it in interviews before. he's only admitting it now that he's been caught and exposed. don't get me wrong, i'm not an arod hater or anything. i think the dude is a hell of a ball player. but the whole, "at least he's coming clean" thing is bs because he's lied about it in the past. he obviously can't deny it any longer since the proof is now out there.
And what'd Bonds & Clemens do???

A-Rod did the right thing and admitted it.

Gardner kinda reminds me of Bubba Crosby.

He should definitely get a long look at center. If he can get his average higher, he'd be a problem on the bases.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

He should definitely get a long look at center. If he can get his average higher, he'd be a problem on the bases.

Bubba Crosby threw me a ball my first time in monument park, the first ball i had ever gotten at a ball game, for that i will be eternally grateful in life.

Man all this A-Rod talk has got me HYPED for the season to start. Can't wait for some spring training games & then regular season tostart!!!

Oh and I think A-Rod is about to do BIG THINGS this year..... he seems like he's getting more content with himself every single year.... which he clearlywas NOT in the past.
Content A-Rod = awesome A-Rod

Originally Posted by Frankie Valentino

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Bubba Crosby threw me a ball my first time in monument park, the first ball i had ever gotten at a ball game, for that i will be eternally grateful in life.
I went to Old Timers day a few years ago when we played the Marlins....got rained out so they made up the game next night and there was like maybe5,000 people there...you can sit where you want...We were on field level like the middle section of it behind visitors dugout....Bubba Crosby hit a foul ballright near us....my brother had his hand out and this *##$% dropped it and some other dude got it
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
I gave him $*!* forever about it...I never had a chance to catch a fouldball and this $*!* was a pop up right in his palm
roll.gif
roll.gif

jeter at Cf has been talked about...

wonder if lets say the yanks use 3 diff. CFs in the first half of the season, would they consider the move

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

im glad dude is admitting it. excited for the interview tonight. Admitting it is the best thing he can do. by the time he retires (at least 10 yrs) and then
the 5 years it takes to get in the hall. He'll be 15 years removed from all this and hopefully by then he'll have a few rings (
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
)
the thing is, he's denied it in interviews before. he's only admitting it now that he's been caught and exposed. don't get me wrong, i'm not an arod hater or anything. i think the dude is a hell of a ball player. but the whole, "at least he's coming clean" thing is bs because he's lied about it in the past. he obviously can't deny it any longer since the proof is now out there.

According to A-Rod, the "supplements" he received and took did not come back as dirty because he wasnever shown the results of the test.. If you don't know if you did something wrong, how can you incriminate yourself?

But when you've got players like Giambi and Pettite who knew exactly what they were taking and you have A-Rod who says he did not know what he was takingor if they were a banned substance because the league never showed him how he tested...

It doesn't negate the fact that he took steroids. A player with his skill and knowledge of the game shouldn't have to take it.

How about some baseball?

When I walked into the complex this morning, the first two guys I saw were Chien-Ming Wang and Phil Hughes.

The Wanger looked good. He got to Arizona in mid January and worked out for several weeks with a trainer before coming here. He has thrown off the mound twice and will again tomorrow.

Wang said his foot has totally healed and he is ready to go. I asked him about the Yankees adding CC Sabathia and A.J. Burnett.

"Great for us," he said. "We have a good rotation. I was glad."

Wang has long resisted the idea of being considered the ace of the staff. Part of it is his personality, part of it is cultural. He defers to older players and always has. The guy is a competitor on the mound but quiet off it. Look for him to have a big year as he tries to make up for missing so much time. He also was relieved not to face another arbitration hearing.

Hughes has been in Tampa for a while as well. It speaks well of him that he showed up early knowing it's a long-shot that he makes the team.

Dave Eiland and Rob Thomson were there with the players. Those two guys get after it. Also saw scouting director Damon Oppenheimer, who was watching workouts.

Hopefully Wang has a 16+ win year
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

One thing's for sure... This will be a VERY hot summer in NYC this year. Word to Cam'ron.
laugh.gif

I'll definitely be tuning in to more Yankee games just to see/hear/gauge the A-Rod situation.

Here's to hoping the Wanger comes back better than ever and returns to form.
pimp.gif

Any of you guys read Torre's book yet?

Originally Posted by toine2983

pimp.gif

im up to the arod chapter. book is pretty good, not like people made it out to be. torre seems to just be reflecting on his time rather than exposing thelocker room like some people said. he does s**t on wells in the book though
laugh.gif
very good read so far .......

pimp.gif

I think Wang will be bigger and better then ever ...
nerd.gif

I still need to get the book .....don't really have time to read it when i gotta read all other $%%* for my business classes
eyes.gif

pimp.gif

i am in the process of reading it, i picked it up 2 days ago

Back
Top Bottom