New York YANKEES spring training thread......... 2 days until season starts: LETS GO YANKEES!

laugh.gif
y'all are wildin....i told y'all...i just started clicking as soon as the clock hit 10am...i was like "4 tickets, 200 bucks? done...just getme in there for a game"

seriously tho...i hope i can see that sign from wherever i am

edit: yoda lemme know if you're planning on doing the game in boston...maybe you can check out the bleachers at fenway in your yankee gear
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

laugh.gif
y'all are wildin....i told y'all...i just started clicking as soon as the clock hit 10am...i was like "4 tickets, 200 bucks? done...just get me in there for a game"

edit: yoda lemme know if you're planning on doing the game in boston...maybe you can check out the bleachers at fenway in your yankee gear
laugh.gif

2wp8lc6.gif

If I do go, I'll hit you up for some insight on where to eat/see..

Originally Posted by briannnnn

I wonder where our favorite conservative TBONE went off to?
nerd.gif

BTW, you guys should check this blog often for updates on the new Yankee Stadium. They always got nice pics.

http://slidingintohome.blogspot.com/2009/03/video-tour-of-new-stadium-and-some.html

If you guys can pony enough cash for the Legends section, you may get a chance to see Iron Chef Morimoto at work.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

- Then there is this; apparently the new stadium will not only be home to rabid Yankees fans, but also to Iron Chefs as well (picture below):
... those who settle into the 4,000 or so well-upholstered seats of the various club and suite areas, which can cost as much as $2,500, will have access to much more.

A number of restaurants and dining areas will be for their exclusive enjoyment. In the Legends Suite Club, food will be prepared at open cooking stations run, from time to time, by Masaharu Morimoto of "Iron Chef" fame, April Bloomfield of the Spotted Pig, chefs from Le Cirque and cooks from Elaine's (because Elaine Kaufman is a big Yankees fan).
Some of the chefs will be at the stadium for one evening and others may make multiple appearances.

(Michael Nagle for The New York Times)

The Yankee clubhouse =
eek.gif

45766680.jpg

eek.gif
pimp.gif

im so mad...i was up at 9 55....with the site loaded n everything...hit refresh at 10 am and couldnt get ANY TICKETS.....i was heartbroken

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

laugh.gif
y'all are wildin....i told y'all...i just started clicking as soon as the clock hit 10am...i was like "4 tickets, 200 bucks? done...just get me in there for a game"

laugh.gif

We should all meet up a little earlier get a couple beers before we head it, I'm going to take the day off of work.

Funny story my ex was from Boston and we went up there for a weekend when the Yanks happened to be in town (monster seats I think he dad is a seasonticketholder IDK). So we sat down and I put a Yankees towel over the monster and I turn around to order a beer this *$+@+$! ++*!+ tosses my towel down on tothe the field. Broke up like a week later
laugh.gif

Wish it was August 6th, but I can't complain.

Looks like I am getting tickets to Sept. 26th against Boston (a Saturday afternoon game). Section 229 I believe, for $120 for a pair. Not bad at allconsidering I am looking at the seats right now through the 3D Seat Chart from Yankees.com and the view from the seats is
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Sucks the game is all the way in September, but like I said, better than no game at all. I am sure I can find some game on Stub Hub cheap enough to go tobefore the September game.

From LoHud:

CC will start the season opener and opening day at the Stadium.
UPDATE, 10:31 a.m.: So here's how the start of the season sets up:

April 6 at Baltimore: Sabathia
April 8 at Baltimore: Wang
April 9 at Baltimore: Burnett
April 10 at Kansas City: Pettitte
April 11 at Kansas City: Sabathia
April 12 at Kansas City: Chamberlain
April 13 at Tampa Bay: Wang
April 14 at Tampa Bay: Burnett
April 15 at Tampa Bay: Pettitte
April 16 vs. Cleveland: Sabathia
April 17 vs. Cleveland: Chamberlain
April 18 vs. Cleveland: Wang
April 19: vs. Cleveland: Burnett
April 20: vs. Oakland: Pettitte
April 21: vs. Oakland: Sabathia
April 22: vs. Oakland: Chamberlain
April 24 at Boston: Wang
April 25 at Boston: Burnett
April 26 at Boston: Pettitte

What's the verdict on the two exhibition games next weekend?

Anyone know who's projected to pitch?

Man, I wait to explore that place.

Hopefully they didn't kick up security, 'cause I used to always move down to the good seats. Just gotta find a tunnel that's unmanned.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

What's the verdict on the two exhibition games next weekend?

Anyone know who's projected to pitch?

Man, I wait to explore that place.

Hopefully they didn't kick up security, 'cause I used to always move down to the good seats. Just gotta find a tunnel that's unmanned.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I remember one time in Shea I met my dad there after hegot off work for a game....we had upper deck and it was like the 3rd inning already so we moved down to the blue seats...so the usher came by with some dudeand was like "uhhh can I see your ticket stubs??" So my dad knew it already and shows him the stub for upper deck
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Dude goes "these aren't your seats" Dad..."There must be some kind of mistake" (joking around)...User "The damn mistakeis that you arent in the right seats" me and my dad were
roll.gif
roll.gif
because the usher was being so serious

Those dudes take their jobs entirely too seriously.

If I saw a dad and his son stealing some seats, I wouldn't give a damn.

What's the big deal? So you're sitting in a couple seats that were either deserted, or the people with the tickets haven't got there yet.

So people come and say "hey, these are our seats" and they're forced to move. Who gives a damn?

I'll never understand the point of making people in the upper deck stay in their seats when the lower bowl is damn near empty in the 7th inning of ablowout.

/rant

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Those dudes take their jobs entirely too seriously.

If I saw a dad and his son stealing some seats, I wouldn't give a damn.

What's the big deal? So you're sitting in a couple seats that were either deserted, or the people with the tickets haven't got there yet.

So people come and say "hey, these are our seats" and they're forced to move. Who gives a damn?

I'll never understand the point of making people in the upper deck stay in their seats when the lower bowl is damn near empty in the 7th inning of a blowout.

/rant

I never really care I sneak up everytime...the closest I got were my seats behind home plate...I had to resist the urge of running out onto the field to takea bat to Youk
laugh.gif

yanks are maulin the phils right now 10-2

melky, swisher, matsui, ranson all hit bombs.

democrat in office, this is the year people
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

DeadsetAce wrote:

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

We should all meet up a little earlier get a couple beers before we head it, I'm going to take the day off of work.

Funny story my ex was from Boston and we went up there for a weekend when the Yanks happened to be in town (monster seats I think he dad is a season ticketholder IDK). So we sat down and I put a Yankees towel over the monster and I turn around to order a beer this *++!$@! #%$$! tosses my towel down on to the the field. Broke up like a week later
laugh.gif

I'm down for this..

Seriously, someone bring the brews, I'll bring a grill and some burgers, and then we'll head into the game...
pimp.gif

It's prob to split Gardner and Damon from batting back to back lefties. Plus he did it before. Right before they had Soriano and were losing chuck ifI'm not wrong. His OPS is high so it'll be fine. But he def isn't the base stealer Damon still is.

Originally Posted by Yoda

Originally Posted by Proshares

DeadsetAce wrote:

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Funny story my ex was from Boston and we went up there for a weekend when the Yanks happened to be in town (monster seats I think he dad is a season ticketholder IDK). So we sat down and I put a Yankees towel over the monster and I turn around to order a beer this *++!$@! #%$$! tosses my towel down on to the the field. Broke up like a week later
laugh.gif

I'm down for this..

Seriously, someone bring the brews, I'll bring a grill and some burgers, and then we'll head into the game...
pimp.gif

+@@+, I'll go to a before game BBQ even if I don't have tickets to the game.
laugh.gif

Gardner in CF. He deserves it, he played hard all spring, fighting for the starting job, and that's what he got
pimp.gif

Gardner in CF?

*adjusts lineup in MLB 09 The Show*

On a sidenote The Show is
pimp.gif
. I didn't think a baseball game could beas good as the MVP series from EA, but I'm glad I was wrong.

I wish I could go with you guys to a game this season.
frown.gif

my dads best friend who is $$$$ got the 20 game plan and since he lives in ATL told me I could go to 5 games....

so excited right now wooow

I got 4 tickets to the 21st of Oakland, going with some friends cant wait, happy that CC is gonna be pitching now i gotta order my authentic CC jersey

Back
Top Bottom