News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

I barely remember the '98 Godzilla. I just remember seeing it in theaters and getting the special cups and some Taco Bell commercials.

"Here leezerd, leezerd, leezerd."
"I think I need a beeger box."

For Godzilla, it is confirmed that the original roar willl be in the film. He will be entirely CGI (don't know if thats a good thing or not).

Akira Takarada, the protagonist in the first ever Godzilla film and other Godzilla films, will appear.

Serious question, when do you think the comic book adaptation movie genre bubble will pop?

It's not really a question of if, but when. If you look at the movie lineups from studios/dc/marvel/etc. it's getting to the point where hollywood is milking this genre to the point we will all grow sick and tired of comic book movies.

As one who likes comic book movies, I can't lie to myself and say this is going to last so I will enjoy every moment possible.

Luke Evans Is... The Crow!

There have been a number of actors in talks and names very loosely attached but it looks like Relativity Media have made their decision and the actor who will play The Crow in the reboot of James O'Barr's dark tale of vengeance is none other than...

Welsh actor Luke Evans!

Evans was the original choice of Spanish filmmaker F. Javier Gutierrez, but he had been busy, having been cast in Dracula Year Zero and as Bard the Bowman in Peter Jackson's The Desolation of Smaug while other actors in the mix included James McAvoy, Tom Hiddleston and Alexander Skarsgard. Instead, they decided to push back the start of the movie until early 2014 to accommodate Evans, who next appears as the villain in the summer's anticipated Fast and Furious 6.

Evans has only been on the scene a few years, his first big movie being Louis Letterier's Clash of the Titans in which he played the god Apollo. A year later he was one of The Three Musketeers in Paul W.S. Anderson's reimagining and then he stepped up to play the Greek God Zeus in Tarsem's Immortals.

With this booking, Evans also has the distinction of being the only actor (so far) to appear in both The Raven and The Crow.

He steps into the shoes of the late Brandon Lee who helped turn the original 1994 Alex Proyas-directed movie into a cult hit.

Kinda hate the idea of the remake, but out of curiosity I guess Imma still watch this one when it comes out.

Serious question, when do you think the comic book adaptation movie genre bubble will pop?

It's not really a question of if, but when. If you look at the movie lineups from studios/dc/marvel/etc. it's getting to the point where hollywood is milking this genre to the point we will all grow sick and tired of comic book movies.

As one who likes comic book movies, I can't lie to myself and say this is going to last so I will enjoy every moment possible.

I think it will come to a point that most people (casual fans) would think it's overkill. Come to think of it, Marvel already releases like a couple of films a year. I guess both DC and Marvel would still be releasing their stuff, even when the bubble pops. The only adjustment they might make is to not release them on yearly basis. I think.

I think it'll last for a while. There are simply numerous source materials out there and as we know, Hollywood is pretty much out of ideas so a cash cow as this genre is a great money grabber for studios.

Marvel already has phase 3 in their sights so I could easily see that going through 2018 and beyond. If Marvels plays it the right way, releasing different characters every year, I think they will be fine. They also mentioned before about doing IronMan like James Bond so that could lead to countless IM films.

As for DC, I think they are in desperate mode right now. Everything will be riding on MoS, if they can't do IM3 numbers I just do not think they will consider it a success. A Batman film looks to be in limbo since Nolan put such a high standard that anyone who takes helm of the next one not named Nolan is almost surely marked for failure. DC seems to be lost on the JLA film too, again they have it riding on MoS' success but if it does make huge money, that will open the flood gates in DCs universe I think.

So at this point, we probably have a good decade or two of comic book films. And even after that, I just do not see them stopping. New F4 film is up for reboot, GR & DD just went back to Marvel. Lots of possibilities to come.

Last edited:

I think it'll last for a while. There are simply numerous source materials out there and as we know, Hollywood is pretty much out of ideas so a cash cow as this genre is a great money grabber for studios.

Marvel already has phase 3 in their sights so I could easily see that going through 2018 and beyond. If Marvels plays it the right way, releasing different characters every year, I think they will be fine. They also mentioned before about doing IronMan like James Bond so that could lead to countless IM films.

As for DC, I think they are in desperate mode right now. Everything will be riding on MoS, if they can't do IM3 numbers I just do not think they will consider it a success. A Batman film looks to be in limbo since Nolan put such a high standard that anyone who takes helm of the next one not named Nolan is almost surely marked for failure. DC seems to be lost on the JLA film too, again they have it riding on MoS' success but if it does make huge money, that will open the flood gates in DCs universe I think.

So at this point, we probably have a good decade or two of comic book films. And even after that, I just do not see them stopping. New F4 film is up for reboot, GR & DD just went back to Marvel. Lots of possibilities to come.
probably when there are a string of back to back to back failures then people will stop wanting to see or if there are some unknown like GOTG. I dont think it will do well since they are really unknown to the non comic book fan

GotG is pretty obscure even to those who read comics but they are getting some star power in there including Zaldana, who is just a geek goddess atm. I was on the same boat as you a year back, just saying an all CGI movie world similar to GL will not work but I will give Marvel a chance to take a stab at it.

i would much rather prefer a cloverfield follow up shot like a traditional film than godzilla 

I think MoS is gonna smash IM3 overall as a film and maybe numbers.

And comic books movies will never hit a wall, because as we get older and grow up the younger generation comes up reading and watching these Cartoons / comics and playing with these toys. They are gonna want to watch the films along with the causal movie goers.

Fantastic Four
Green Lantern
Ghost Rider
Dare Devil
Hulk

Are all reboots that can still be done.

Not to mention spin offs that may or may not happen.

I would LOVE a Nolan influenced Robin film, but I'm sure we'll never get it :smh:

I think MoS is gonna smash IM3 overall as a film and maybe numbers.

{

No...but film

I think MoS has the potential, especially since there has been plenty of good reviews for it so far. So let us hope.

Amazing Spider-Man 2 spoiler?

There was talk as early as October that The Amazing Spider-Man 2 would at least build toward the death of Peter Parker’s love interest. However, depending upon how much you want to read into the latest photos from the film’s set, a retelling of “The Night Gwen Stacy Died” may be arriving sooner rather than later.

Courtesy of The Daily Mail, we get a look at Emma Stone wearing a purple dress, mint-green coat and thigh-high boots, an ensemble hauntingly similar to the one her character wore in 1973′s The Amazing Spider-Man #121, which famously ended with Gwen Stacy dying after being hurled by the Green Goblin from the top of either the Brooklyn Bridge or George Washington Bridge (depending whether you believe the art or the text). While there’s no indication that the Green Goblin appears in the Sony Pictures sequel — instead, Electro and the Rhino are the villains — it’s worth noting the Brooklyn Bridge is in the background of the photo showing the Spider-Man stunt double.

Of course, this simply could be a matter of director Marc Webb having fun at the expense of comic fans. Or, it may mean Gwen is taking a dive off the Brooklyn Bridge in the next film.

Opening May 2, 2014, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 also stars Andrew Garfield, Jamie Foxx, Dane DeHaan, Shailene Woodley, Colm Feore, Paul Giamatti and Sally Field.

Images can be found on the original article: http://spinoff.comicbookresources.c...2-set-photos-may-reveal-a-really-big-spoiler/

Last edited:

I don't think it's ever going to pop like ppl think it is so it's more "if" the way I see it than when. First ppl have to realize what they're talking about when they say comic book adaption movie. For the past decade Hollywood have been adapting comic books, movies that ppl didn't even know were originally comics. So when this is brought up I know ppl are really talking about superhero comics and that's just one genre. Hollywood has already begun mining comics for other genres and when they start doing it more and more I only see the market for adaptions growing. Now when it comes to superhero movies and the advancement of technology in making these films, Wolverine (along with his major connection to the X-Men), Spider-Man, Batman, and Superman will never get old or unpopular (I can't really imagine what it'd take for that to happen to any of them) so even if there's a string of ****** movies from those 4 guys ppl will still come out to see them just based off the visuals, who they are, and the amount of stories yet to be told about them. The way I see it as long as those 4 pillars are prominent that opens the door for the other heroes from both companies and then the independent material out there.

^ ^ ^
Someone puts it in a spoiler and you go ahead and just blatantly spoil it anyways.
:lol:

GotG is pretty obscure even to those who read comics but they are getting some star power in there including Zaldana, who is just a geek goddess atm. I was on the same boat as you a year back, just saying an all CGI movie world similar to GL will not work but I will give Marvel a chance to take a stab at it.

Heard a theory online (so not a spoiler), that gotg will be more about thanos than actually about that team..

So the gotg movie will be the buildup film for the avengers film.. So Thanos will be this established villain (to the casual fan) by the time avengers comes around

Heard a theory online (so not a spoiler), that gotg will be more about thanos than actually about that team..

So the gotg movie will be the buildup film for the avengers film.. So Thanos will be this established villain (to the casual fan) by the time avengers comes around

You might be right. He is confirmed for GOTG.

Back
Top Bottom