News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

Thanos is confirmed but he isn't the main villain iirc. His part will be minimal if I were to guess.

There are lots of rumors/guesses out there. Some are also saying Avengers 2 will have the team fail against Thanos and that will be like Marvels Empire Strikes Back so to say. At this point, we just really do not know especially since IM3 gave practically no hints whatsoever.

Thanos is confirmed but he isn't the main villain iirc. His part will be minimal if I were to guess.

There are lots of rumors/guesses out there. Some are also saying Avengers 2 will have the team fail against Thanos and that will be like Marvels Empire Strikes Back so to say. At this point, we just really do not know especially since IM3 gave practically no hints whatsoever.

Controller is the main villain rumored for GOTG. If not him, who else could you see as the villain?

Last edited:
Controller as the main villain that I have been reading/hearing too and he is connected to Thanos, with all that said, Lee Pace has been casted as a villain but no other detail on who or what he will play.

If I were to throw a wild guess, it would be for Annihilus just because he has teamed up with Thanos before and I just prefer him over the Controller.

Though Controller is a good villain to set-up Thanos too. In the comic she collected life forms because of the Thanos so GotG could fight him and in the end they find out he isn't really evil, just protecting/preserving life forms in case Thanos destroys everything. Though that is way too similar to a comic book story so it likely wouldn't pan out that way in the film.

So to my understanding Nolan written and helping producing MoS?

How many films is he signed on for?

^ pretty sure he didn't do crap, Goyer & Snyder did the work... If movie does well he'll get the credit and if doesn't Snyder will get the blame.

Controller as the main villain that I have been reading/hearing too and he is connected to Thanos, with all that said, Lee Pace has been casted as a villain but no other detail on who or what he will play.

If I were to throw a wild guess, it would be for Annihilus just because he has teamed up with Thanos before and I just prefer him over the Controller.

Though Controller is a good villain to set-up Thanos too. In the comic she collected life forms because of the Thanos so GotG could fight him and in the end they find out he isn't really evil, just protecting/preserving life forms in case Thanos destroys everything. Though that is way too similar to a comic book story so it likely wouldn't pan out that way in the film.

Who was the one talking to thanos at the end of avengers?

Ya I'm butt hurt that Nolan is getting a lot of credit for what we seen :lol:
Dudes in the superman thread have given him more credit then Snyder :lol:

I think MoS has the potential, especially since there has been plenty of good reviews for it so far. So let us hope.

I really see MoS getting a very similar reception and having the kind of success that Batman Begins got. It won't be Marvel #'s at the box office, but I think it'll be a very solid and still very successful film that DC can build a movie-verse franchise on.

^ pretty sure he didn't do crap, Goyer & Snyder did the work... If movie does well he'll get the credit and if doesn't Snyder will get the blame.
i thought he wrote the story for it
nerd.gif

No, it was Goyer that pitched the concept to Nolan. Nolan then brought it up to WB and goyer was picked to write the screenplay. Jonathan Nolan doesn't have anything to do with the project.

Last edited:
the story i heard regarding nolans hand in this was he was writing the final dark knight, hit a wall and Warner Brothers told him to take a break, and in that break he came up with the story for MoS
nerd.gif

I'm reading alot that Gwen Stacey dies at the end of AS2. Interesting if that happens

the story i heard regarding nolans hand in this was he was writing the final dark knight, hit a wall and Warner Brothers told him to take a break, and in that break he came up with the story for MoS :nerd:

^ pretty sure he didn't do crap, Goyer

i thought he wrote the story for it :nerd:

i thought he wrote the story for it :nerd:

Yea, I remember an interview Chris Nolan said he and his brother Jonathan came up with the treatment/pitch for it. Then went to David Goyer to write it.

No, it was Goyer that pitched the concept to Nolan. Nolan then brought it up to WB and goyer was picked to write the screenplay. Jonathan Nolan doesn't have anything to do with the project.

:lol: can somebody provide some links or source to their claims

I'm reading alot that Gwen Stacey dies at the end of AS2. Interesting if that happens

It's inevitable but I feel like this sequel is too premature for it. They're gonna introduce two villains, the alter ego of an arch nemesis, introduce a new love interest and kill the old one in one film? Marc Webb knows what he's doing with this one. I think they'll be a couple of references to Gwen's death but her dying is a HUGE part of the Spider-Man mythos, only second to uncle Ben dying. They'll have to make it the centerpiece of the film...but Hollywood doesn't honor anything so yeah

He'll definitely get all the credit if the movie is great and people will blame everyone else if it's crap :lol:.

Dude is worshipped as a movie god right now.

^ I'm def looking forward to Now You See Me.

Nolan's Batman is good overall; however I don't think it best displays the character Batman itself.
Nolan just made Batman and the stories realistic as possible.~

Who was the one talking to thanos at the end of avengers?

I think it is just some random minion, I really do not know.

Also, I've given Snyder plenty of props and actually enjoyed most of his films (visually & action-wise) including Sucker Punch and Watchmen.

Last edited:
I liked it though plenty hated it. It really like an action packed music video with hot chicks. Story isn't mind blowing but I liked it. I just really like Snyders style when it comes to cinematic and actions scenes/sequences, he knows how to deliver that part and that is why I was happy to see him direct MoS.

When I connected the dots of Snyder doing Sucker Punch it made so much more sense that Watchmen was such a disappointment. That's why I'm not that overly hyped for MOS. A director really shouldn't solely be praised for the visuals of a movie unless they were truly breathtaking and amazing every time cuz after a while it just seems like those style over substance directors. Add in Goyer as a screenwriter and the outlook would be grim if I didn't really like 300.
So to my understanding Nolan written and helping producing MoS?

How many films is he signed on for?
Nolan appears to be on his way out of dealing with DC and superhero movies in general. He's focusing on his movie Interstellar. He didn't write anything for MOS. He's one of the producers, so I imagine he had an overall vision for how the movie would be, promotion, etc. not any hard details.

Maybe the idea of the movie being part 1st contact and not full superhero given how his Batman trilogy is.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom