News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

I liked Watchmen. Sucker Punch was OK. Weird though.

My thoughts on Sucker Punch:

My memory of the movie might be a little skewed. I only saw it the one time in theater. The end was a little unsatisfying because I don't even know if it was the actual ending. The girl who escapes sees the driver from all of the main character's fantasy moments. Then it pans out on the main character as she finishes getting a lobotomy.

I don't know if the other girl actually got away or if it was another one of the main character's fantasies. Like Inception or any other one of those movies that leave the end up to interpretation and have no real closure.

How is sucker punch?

i remember i wanted to see it and never got chance...

I finally saw Sucker Punch for the first time about 2 months ago. I was ashamed of myself for watching it. It was, literally, an excuse to a live action anime, or an excuse to never make another live action anime.

It would've been better if they would've went full on sci-fi fantasy...
..Instead of it all, and I mean ALL, of it being in her head.
Literally, played the "it was all a dream" card, in a dream. :smh:

Last edited:
^
That card should be banned from movies. Such a cop out and makes you feel like you wasted your time :smh:.

Miss April O'Neil

i havent been keeping up with tmnt is casey jones gonna be in it or any other characters outside core 7 ? ( leo, don, ralph, mike, april, shedder, splinter)

Lord have mercy. The woman is fine. Terrible casting choice though. I can already see the direction of the movie. :smh:

I still don't understand why they didn't go with a director who is familiar with the martial arts genre instead of someone obsessed with making things explode.

I finally saw Sucker Punch for the first time about 2 months ago. I was ashamed of myself for watching it. It was, literally, an excuse to a live action anime, or an excuse to never make another live action anime.
It would've been better if they would've went full on sci-fi fantasy...
..Instead of it all, and I mean ALL, of it being in her head.
Literally, played the "it was all a dream" card, in a dream.
mean.gif
one of 2 moives i ever walked out on. the other was the marine with cena 
indifferent.gif

Lord have mercy. The woman is fine. Terrible casting choice though. I can already see the direction of the movie.
mean.gif

I still don't understand why they didn't go with a director who is familiar with the martial arts genre instead of someone obsessed with making things explode.
Bay's only producing, Jonathan Liebesman is directing, and from the cast i think this gonna be a comedy instead of an action movie

John libesmans filmography

Wrath of the Titans (2012)

Battle Los Angeles (2011)

The Killing Room (2009)

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning (2006)

Rings (Short 2005)

Darkness Falls (2003)

Genesis and Catastrophe (Short 2000)

I always liked TMNT as a kid and still like it cuz of nostalgia but it's not something that I was hoping returned as a show or in a comic (there is one) or especially a movie. Pretty much the same way I feel about Transformers except I really didn't like that show except for Bast Wars :smokin

So I was never hyped for the news and Fox being in it just kinda let me know what kind of movie they're going for. At best it'll be something good for the kids/family. A TMNT movie is most likely not gonna break any new ground. I didn't think it'd have such a huge backlash when Bay wanted the turtles to be aliens :lol: Like it doesn't ******g matter to me. Mutated turtles or aliens meh, either way.
Wait people didn't like Watchmen?!?!?
It was just okay and it should've been great. It did not capture a molecule of what Moore accomplished. Looking back after rereading the book recently they really shouldn't have made this a movie. Studio went hard for the visuals but just about everything else was lacking. It's not terrible by any means but I could never look back on that fondly or tell someone I just suggested the book to that they have to see the movie.

Last edited:
I thought Snyder did pretty well on adapting Watchmen to film. Outside of the giant squid and the sex in Nite Owls ship, everything was on point I thought. I don't think it was just the visual that Snyder went for, he just tried to translate everything straight from comic to the screen, page for page, and I didn't mind it at all.

Would it have been better as a trilogy? Sure, I would have loved that, but since some already felt bored in the first act on the current version, a 3-part film would have been a disaster on the box office.

Was it perfect? No and I still prefer the book but I commend Snyder for what he did and the time limitation he had. I thought it was done well for the most part.

At this point, i am not really sure who can tackle the film, I don't even think Nolan could pull it off well. Maybe Peter Jackson just because he did LotR trilogy well but I wouldn't put as much hope with him either.

Last edited:
Yeah that's why I didn't like it. He tried to cram a 12 issue story in to a 2-3 hr movie :lol: :smh: Film has no soul to it. Lacks characterization and it's painful. He thought he'd get by with copying dialogue and it didn't work. At best he got away with the Rorschach portrayal but he failed with Dr. Manhattan and Nite Owl and made Silk forgettable character wise.

To me he went for visuals first on how it would look in his adaption and then just looked at the comics to follow the story beats. Just too much of the story was robbed.

DAMN. Fox lookin right in those pics. :wow: :evil:

and did arnett bulk up for the role or something?

If the dialogue in Watchmen were any different, Snyder would get flack from it too. The point was to translate it to film w/o much change because the book was great on it's own and it needed no re-write or much changes, including the dialogue.

I thought he did it well, similar to what he did in 300 though that was more effective with a much more simple story. I still think it worked though, but the film really is a love or hate deal with the fans.

Marvel being Marvel again. There's a possibility you'll see a new Thor in Avengers 2.

Back
Top Bottom