News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

^Jean Luc Picard couldn't transfer his mind for Cyclops??
Don't think it works like that. Plus ProfX was far away when it happened.

I believe Prof X had a psychic connection with the patient he transferred his mind to, Dr. Moira already said that he was aware of that body and tried to wake him up or something, haven't seen the film in a while.

For the Justice League, I hope they don't mess up like Marvel did and not put in key members of the team. Ant-Man might not even be in Avengers 2? AND it's going to have Ultron? :stoneface:

Justice League needs to have Aquaman and Martian Manhunter. I could see them excluding them.

^Jean Luc Picard couldn't transfer his mind for Cyclops??
Don't think it works like that. Plus ProfX was far away when it happened.

I believe Prof X had a psychic connection with the patient he transferred his mind to, Dr. Moira already said that he was aware of that body and tried to wake him up or something, haven't seen the film in a while.
ohhhh ya Cyclops died at the lake right?

:lol: If yall remember correctly Cyclops was the first to be killed in the beginning of the movie by the Phoenix and nobody knew. He was somewhere in the woods near a river or something. He was dead dead. Nobody could save or help him at that point. He had left the X-Men. It was only until Jean came back and Prof. X slightly read her mind that he realized Scott was dead. Who knows if Xavier could've saved him, maybe.

Prof. X is the most powerful or 2nd powerful telepath in the world so he had the ability to switch in to some comatose patient's body to stay alive when Jean obliterated his body (it was some huge guy from what I recall). He mentioned earlier in the movie that he was possibly capable of doing something like that. That was end of the X trilogy and that story line. He's back now (think it's a future version anyway) and I doubt they'll explain how he has his original or identical body back (in the comics it was a cloned body).

Last edited:
For the Justice League, I hope they don't mess up like Marvel did and not put in key members of the team. Ant-Man might not even be in Avengers 2? AND it's going to have Ultron? :stoneface:

Justice League needs to have Aquaman and Martian Manhunter. I could see them excluding them.
Well I'll tell you now the JL movie will most likely not have the Martian Manhunter in it. I've seen no signs he's being talked about AT ALL. I'm with you on that cuz I'm a huge J'onnz fan. Since the New 52, he hasn't been apart of team in the present, just referenced a few times he was on the team in the past and left or got kicked out. Now Cyborg has always been part of the JL in the reboot.

DC feels need to add some more minorities to their all white team (which is a good thing) so they blackened up with Vic. I guess making J'onnz human identity a black guy wasn't enough and they seem pretty determined to make the GL Hal Jordan and not John Stewart.

I'm not sure about Aquaman but I think it's more likely he's in it than not.

With Avengers they changed it cuz they wanted some relatable human members. Not another super powered genius scientist and his girlfriend.

Last edited:
No Cyclops, he's dead.

Yeah, Jean killed Cyclops. :rofl: X-Men 3.

Yeah I know

But it's hard to believe Cyclops is just a straight up goner, that doesn't exist in the X-Men universe anymore :lol:

It was a bad laughable choice in a bad laughable movie... he's one of the main X-Men right?... they'd be better off acting like it wasn't canon. Just act like it didn't happen.

Last edited:
You figure they would have considering how First Class turned out, but they have no idea what they want to do. As stated already, film timelines are inconsistent with one another.

Are there fans of Aquaman? This is the first time i've seen him mentioned in I don't even remember. They could have a few scenes / battles in the ocean and he could ride a dolphin.

They don't really need him back though. They go all in with Wolverine as usual. Iceman gets downplayed, Jean's dead too, and I'm not sure Angel is in this at all despite the amount of mutants in this.

Last edited:
Cyclops isn't just one of the XMens, he is the leader. I really do feel they did him dirty in the franchise, made him some cry baby loser and then just plain kill him off. He is my favorite XMen and I really do like him more than Wolverine. Just really sad what they did to him and there is almost no going back unless Wolverine saves the doomed future in DoFP and Cyclops doesn't die in that timeline, which I really hope to god they do and give him his worth.

Cyclops is even more of a bad***** in the All New XMen/Uncanny XMe after joining in with Magneto.

Last edited:

Well I'll tell you know JL movie will most likely not have the Martian Manhunter in it. I've seen no signs he's being talked about AT ALL. I'm with you on that cuz I'm a huge J'onnz fan. Since the New 52 he hasn't been apart of team in the present, just referenced a few times he was on the team in the past and left or got kicked out. Now Cyborg has always been part of the JL.

DC feels need to add some more minorities to their all white team (which is a good thing) so they blackened up with Vic. I guess making J'onnz human identity a black guy wasn't enough and they seem pretty determined to make the GL Hal Jordan and not John Stewart.

With Avengers they changed it cuz they wanted some relatable human members. Not another super powered genius scientist and his girlfriend.

It would be dope to have Martian Manhunter. I would rather have John Stewart than Hal Jordan too, especially after that Ryan Reynolds movie. It would be easier to reboot GL with a different GL than have a different actor play the same guy like they're doing with Bruce Wayne. I guess it's not the same though, because no one really liked the Ryan Reynolds movie.

I still don't understand doing an Ultron movie without Ant-Man. It sounds like Marvel is worried about Ant-Man needing the Avengers promotion to help it at the box office. It would make the most sense to have Ant-Man share the screen with Cap, Iron Man, Thor, and Hulk to familiarize viewers with him.

Last edited:
Are there fans of Aquaman? This is the first time i've seen him mentioned in I don't even remember. They could have a few scenes / battles in the ocean and he could ride a dolphin.

I like Aquaman, dude never gets respect. :lol: Which is just extra sad as well. Even his comics doesn't take him seriously, haven't been reading up on him but supposedly they are trying to straighten it out.

Completely agree, hate what they have done to Cyclops in every movie incarnation. Dude is the unquestioned leader of the X-Men for many reasons. Level headed, strong, good decision maker, etc. Yet in every movie, they make him weak on top of making the audience dislike him by pitting him against Wolverine... constantly.

I like Aquaman, dude never gets respect. :lol: Which is just extra sad as well. Even his comics doesn't take him seriously, haven't been reading up on him but supposedly they are trying to straighten it out.
idk man besides swimming really fast
and talking to fish what else powers does he have?
i think back in the day he was super strong and had tough skin??

I still don't understand doing an Ultron movie without Ant-Man. It sounds like Marvel is worried about Ant-Man needing the Avengers promotion to help it at the box office. It would make the most sense to have Ant-Man share the screen with Cap, Iron Man, Thor, and Hulk to familiarize viewers with him.
You have to keep in mind that everyone scoffed when a possible AntMan film was on deck a few years back. I am not sure how of why he is getting more traction with the fans now but the project was ridiculed back then, people were like "that guy that shrinks?".

I think the test footage changed some peoples/fans mind but I am not surprised if Marvel is taking the safe route since the general public is still not that familiar with him.

Marvel is also using their animated shows to introduce these characters and that is why they cancelled and made a whole new Avengers cartoon. That may still only reach children for the most part though so Marvel might just find Hank Pym too risky to be involved in such a big plot?

There are some. Not from a movie standpoint but I think DC will add him in cuz some guys are really attatched. Geoff Johns who writes or was writing the Aquaman comic book (which ppl are saying has made the hero cool) is also chief creative officer at DC so he may have some pull in lobbying for dude.
Cyclops isn't just one of the XMens, he is the leader. I really do feel they did him dirty in the franchise, made him some cry baby loser and then just plain kill him off. He is my favorite XMen and I really do like him more than Wolverine. Just really sad what they did to him and there is almost no going back unless Wolverine saves the doomed future in DoFP and Cyclops doesn't die in that timeline, which I really hope to god they do and give him his worth.

Cyclops is even more of a bad***** in the All New XMen/Uncanny XMe after joining in with Magneto.
He's only the leader in the comics and even in that he's wanted to quit, left due to marriage and lost his leadership in his 50 years of existence. Nothing in the movies has really made him the clear cut leader since Xavier was around running things or overruling him. Add in his breakdown and death, no real reason to bring him back with the way things are so Wolverine focused. I mean in the movies, nothing hints to the X-Men being a team of any relevance until Wolverine shows up with Rogue. I'm also not sure how many movie fans care if he's in it or not.

I say might as well let Singer get this out of his system. After that I'm sure Cyke will get his proper respect in a reboot.

Well I'll tell you now the JL movie will most likely not have the Martian Manhunter in it. I've seen no signs he's being talked about AT ALL. I'm with you on that cuz I'm a huge J'onnz fan. Since the New 52, he hasn't been apart of team in the present, just referenced a few times he was on the team in the past and left or got kicked out. Now Cyborg has always been part of the JL in the reboot.

It would be dope to have Martian Manhunter. I would rather have John Stewart than Hal Jordan too, especially after that Ryan Reynolds movie. It would be easier to reboot GL with a different GL than have a different actor play the same guy like they're doing with Bruce Wayne. I guess it's not the same though, because no one really liked the Ryan Reynolds movie.

Yeah that's what I've most want as well. They could even say the RR GL is still out there but Earth has a new one in Stewart, no reboot since there's so many GLs. Don't think they're doing it though.

As for Avengers, I just think Joss really wants to tell his own story. He may not even like Antman and just like Ultron as a villain. So technically the concept still works with Stark creating him.

Plus I'm not even sure it's been confirmed that the Ant Man in the Ant Man movie is going to be Hank Pym. Since in the comics there's been 3 different guys to take up the name.

Last edited:
There are some. Not from a movie standpoint but I think DC will add him in cuz some guys are really attatched. Geoff Johns who writes or was writing the Aquaman comic book (which ppl are saying has made the hero cool) is also chief creative officer at DC so he may have some pull in lobbying for dude.

Truth. Johns has done a great job of "reclaiming" Aquaman from obscurity so I would assume they have him join the fun.

That's what I thought. I'm guessing he played some role in the DofP storyline, but I don't remember exactly. It's stupid they're either gonna need to: 1) spend time explaining Cyclops back into the story OR 2) make a movie without him, based on a story he was once in, making it feel like something's missing

I really hope they don't expect fans to "accept" this version of the X-Men universe, where Cyclops was basically a secondary character that's now dead and people could care less about.

idk man besides swimming really fast
and talking to fish what else powers does he have?
i think back in the day he was super strong and had tough skin??

He still have super strength and tough skin which gives him invulnerability. He had that magical hands that can form different things, it can heal, suck people dry and create portals. He doesn't become weak from being away from water anymore either iirc. He also has the trident that mimics Poseidons power I believe.

Completely agree, hate what they have done to Cyclops in every movie incarnation. Dude is the unquestioned leader of the X-Men for many reasons. Level headed, strong, good decision maker, etc. Yet in every movie, they make him weak on top of making the audience dislike him by pitting him against Wolverine... constantly.

The thing is, Cyclops has owned Wolverine a few times too and I even remember Wolverine respecting Cyclops leadership. I think it was just in Astonishing XMen when he said he could decapitate Wolverine if he wanted to? Not sure exactly what he said, got to dig up that books first issue to be certain.

Yeah that's what I've most want as well. They could even say the RR GL is still out there but Earth has a new one in Stewart, no reboot since there's so many GLs. Don't think they're doing it though.

As for Avengers, I just think Joss really wants to tell his own story. He may not even like Antman and just like Ultron as a villain. So technically the concept still works with Stark creating him.

Plus I'm not even sure it's been confirmed that the Ant Man in the Ant Man movie is going to be Hank Pym. Since in the comics there's been 3 different guys to take up the name.

That would be a perfect way to introduce John Stewart. Let the audience know Hal Jordan is still out there in the universe, but Earth has a new GL. I agree that they probably won't though.

He's only the leader in the comics and even in that he's wanted to quit, left due to marriage and lost his leadership in his 50 years of existence. Nothing in the movies has really made him the clear cut leader since Xavier was around running things or overruling him.

That's what I meant, he was never portrayed correctly in the film. End of X1 did show some glimpse of his leadership but even then it was still mostly all about Wolverine.

That's what I thought. I'm guessing he played some role in the DofP storyline, but I don't remember exactly. It's stupid they're either gonna need to: 1) spend time explaining Cyclops back into the story OR 2) make a movie without him, based on a story he was once in, making it feel like something's missing

I really hope they don't expect fans to "accept" this version of the X-Men universe, where Cyclops was basically a secondary character that's now dead and people could care less about.
Cyke doesn't play that big of a role in DoFP. He won't be much of a loss. His only real importance is that his daughter from the future, Rachel Summers is in it but I'm pretty positive there's no Rachel Summers in this movie.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom