News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

Maaaaan where's my damn hellboy 3 movie
nerd.gif
this right here

Del Toro's got about 37 projects all going at once, so I doubt we'll ever see another Hellboy.  Still waiting on him to start At The Mountains of Madness, 10+ years on.

May take the wife to see The Witch this weekend, I'm hearing a lot of good about it.  I'm skeptical, though, because the last time a bunch of people recommended a horror movie to me it was It Follows, and I wanted to fist fight every single one of them after it was over.

Del Toro's got about 37 projects all going at once, so I doubt we'll ever see another Hellboy.  Still waiting on him to start At The Mountains of Madness, 10+ years on.

May take the wife to see The Witch this weekend, I'm hearing a lot of good about it.  I'm skeptical, though, because the last time a bunch of people recommended a horror movie to me it was It Follows, and I wanted to fist fight every single one of them after it was over.
Oh I will never take ur opinion on movies seriously
How can u hate on it follows
It was dope
I believe I made the thread for that movie too

It was dope
Just wasn't for me, I guess.

Not saying it was a bad movie, despite how I phrased it.  It just wasn't the second coming like a lot of people told me it was.  The soundtrack was my favorite part, it was pure '80s Carpenter.

I'm hard on horror movies though, it takes a lot for me to praise one at this point.  I've been a horror freak going on three decades now so unless something is mind-blowing I will probably be negative on it.  It had some damn good imagery and the chase scenes were really well-done, it was just overhyped for me.  

It was dope

Just wasn't for me, I guess.

Not saying it was a bad movie, despite how I phrased it.  It just wasn't the second coming like a lot of people told me it was.  The soundtrack was my favorite part, it was pure '80s Carpenter.

I'm hard on horror movies though, it takes a lot for me to praise one at this point.  I've been a horror freak going on three decades now so unless something is mind-blowing I will probably be negative on it.  It had some damn good imagery and the chase scenes were really well-done, it was just overhyped for me.  
Hmmmm
I don't think it was a horror film thinking back
I believe at the time I phrased it as a horror film
Thinking back though I think more of a suspense film
Maybe that's why
U went in expecting to be "scared"
When that wasn't the case
Last GREAT scary movie was the conjuring :pimp: :pimp:
Man I hope conjuring 2 delivers

It was more of a thriller, yeah, but there was some legit creepy **** in it, like the old woman in the school or any of the chase scenes, really.  Horror is subjective, though.  Like I said I just think it was overhyped to me.  Same reason I won't watch Babadook because I'm pretty sure I'll be disappointed in it.

The Conjuring was great.  That and Insidious had some of the best creeping scares I've seen in years, they were unsettling as hell.  Ghost stories get me quicker than anything else, so that helped.  I'm curious about 2 because the Enfield story could be done well, it just really depends on whether they repeat the same beats like they did with Insidious 2 and 3.  

It was more of a thriller, yeah, but there was some legit creepy **** in it, like the old woman in the school or any of the chase scenes, really.  Horror is subjective, though.  Like I said I just think it was overhyped to me.  Same reason I won't watch Babadook because I'm pretty sure I'll be disappointed in it.

The Conjuring was great.  That and Insidious had some of the best creeping scares I've seen in years, they were unsettling as hell.  Ghost stories get me quicker than anything else, so that helped.  I'm curious about 2 because the Enfield story could be done well, it just really depends on whether they repeat the same beats like they did with Insidious 2 and 3.  
Babadook is trash
Insidious 2 and 3 as well :smh:
What's giving me second thoughts about the conjuring 2 is
The enfield story or whatever
Was rumored to just be a hoax
So why make a movie about something that believed to be a hoax
They shoulda did part 2 about the case that had Vera shook up
Remember her husband kept asking her if she was alright
Because of a previous case or something where he was like it took a toll on her

I think Hellboy 3 is up to the studios, not Del Toro. Him and Perlmans been campaigning to finish the trilogy but I just think it's up to them, sadly.

Babadook is trash
Insidious 2 and 3 as well
mean.gif

What's giving me second thoughts about the conjuring 2 is
The enfield story or whatever
Was rumored to just be a hoax
So why make a movie about something that believed to be a hoax
They shoulda did part 2 about the case that had Vera shook up
Remember her husband kept asking her if she was alright
Because of a previous case or something where he was like it took a toll on her
The Enfield case was probably a hoax, but that didn't stop the Amityville series.  The Warrens are, to put it gently, suspect at the very best when it comes to their cases.  They can hire people to write good books, but they were (Ed died a few years back) almost total frauds.  Very convincing frauds and great salespeople, but frauds nonetheless.  

The case they're referring to is something "so terrifying they've never spoken about it publicly" but I think I remember hearing that's going to ******* be its own movie now or something.  Anything related to the Warrens is probably going to be entertaining, but I don't believe a word of it.

I'm more interested in what they'll say the og team is up to than the movie. Did they retire and go to Florida and stop giving dambs about busting ghosts?

Man I really wanna give this a chance. And it ain't even the ladies, its the same damn set up and the CGI is kinda OD. I dunno i just wish they stop remaking/rebooting :smh:

I'm more interested in what they'll say the og team is up to than the movie. Did they retire and go to Florida and stop giving dambs about busting ghosts?

It's not a continuation/reboot of the original. This new Ghost Busters is a remake.

It has already been confirmed that Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd have cameos in the new movie.

"As for the cameo itself, Vulture reports that Murray will not be reprising Dr. Peter Venkman, who the actor portrayed in the first two Ghostbusters installments. Instead, it's rumored that Murray will play the polar opposite of a Ghostbuster in his small role: A debunker of the spiritual world. Original Ghostbuster Dan Aykroyd also filmed a cameo as a conspiracy theory-obsessed taxi driver alongside Kristen Wiig."

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/bill-murray-details-ghostbusters-reboot-cameo-20150901

It's not a continuation/reboot of the original. This new Ghost Busters is a remake.

It has already been confirmed that Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd have cameos in the new movie.

"As for the cameo itself, Vulture reports that Murray will not be reprising Dr. Peter Venkman, who the actor portrayed in the first two Ghostbusters installments. Instead, it's rumored that Murray will play the polar opposite of a Ghostbuster in his small role: A debunker of the spiritual world. Original Ghostbuster Dan Aykroyd also filmed a cameo as a conspiracy theory-obsessed taxi driver alongside Kristen Wiig."

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/bill-murray-details-ghostbusters-reboot-cameo-20150901
Ahh makes more sense now, what their roles will be.

As far as the trailer goes, it got my interest. Growing up a huge Ghostbusters fan, I'm glad that we get to see a new film. Still bummed that they couldn't green light one more film with the original four, before Harold Ramis passed away (RIP Egon). But either way, it'll be nice to see this version of the Ghostbusters.

As far as 'money' I think this movie will still do well. I think it may surprise people how good the movie could be, like Bridesmaids...Well, I was surprised by how funny that movie was, but yeah lol.

Nice to see Slimer. 
pimp.gif

I have very low expectations so this doesn't look so bad. I like the franchise so I'll give it a go I think. If I can watch Extreme GB O can watch this :lol:

I am disappointed that none of the OG will be reprising their roles like a passing of the torch scenario.

Back
Top Bottom