News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

From reading some other pieces about it being official now it sounds like they're just taking the characters from Jump Street and making them MiB agents :lol:

I'm sayin why not just do a MiB movie with Channing and Jonah then? Nothing special about those Jump Street cops they play.

JGL leaves Sandman project

his statement from facebook:

“So, as you might know if you like to follow these sorts of things, a while back, David Goyer and I made a producing deal with Warner Brothers to develop a movie adaptation of Neil Gaiman’s SANDMAN. Neil himself came on as an executive producer, we hired the excellent screenwriter, Jack Thorne, and we started in on the ambitious task of adapting one of the most beloved and boundary-pushing titles in the world of comics. I was pleased with the progress we were making, even though we still had quite a ways to go.’

“Recently, as you also might know if you like to follow these sorts of things, the sorta “ownership” (for lack of a better term) of the Sandman material changed hands when Warner Brothers shifted the entire catalogue of Vertigo comics (an imprint of DC) to their subsidiary, New Line. And a few months ago, I came to realize that the folks at New Line and I just don’t see eye to eye on what makes Sandman special, and what a film adaptation could/should be. So unfortunately, I decided to remove myself from the project. I wish nothing but the best for the team moving forward.’

“I’d like to thank all the great people I’ve had the opportunity to work with on this one. I’ve had a blast with and learned a ton from David and Jack. Niija Kuykendall, Greg Silverman, and everyone at Warner Brothers have been fantastic, as have Geoff Johns and everyone at DC. And it’s been a particular privilege as well as a rocking good time getting to know Mr. Gaiman, whose generous insights and masterful work have certainly convinced me that the Lord of Dreams and the Prince of Stories are one and the same Endless pattern.”

Mummy starring Tom Cruise added two more to the cast, Jake Johnson and Annabelle Wallis.

Not much is known about the film's story, but THR once again confirms that it will be set in present day and that Cruise's character will be a former special forces soldier.

Jon Spaihts (Doctor Strange) is penning the script.

Emily-Blunt-Freya.gif
Huntsman-Motion-Posters.gif
Jessica-Chastain-Sara.gif

Last edited:
‘The Tick’ Is Returning To Spread Justice In A New Live Action Reboot On Amazon

For one short season, the world felt the wonderful weirdness that a live-action The Tick could provide. We only got 9 episodes over 2001-2002, but they were nuggets hilarity that were far ahead of their time and in an era that still wasn’t over-saturated with comic book heroes. Now, Amazon Prime is playing superhero themselves, and their power is rebooting cult comic book comedies. Ben Edlund, creator of The Tick is back as a writer and executive producer, and so far Amazon and Sony Pictures have cast two actors for the pilot: Griffin Newman as Arthur, Tick’s sidekick, and Valorie Curry as his sister, Dot.

Now that the good news is out of the way, here’s the bummer: Deadline has reported that Patrick Warburton, the perfectly-cast star of the original live-action series, will not be back under the blue suit and antennas. But he will likely be executive producing the pilot along Edlund, so that’s good.

Here’s a couple quick takeaways. Unlike most pilot orders, we’ll probably see this. If we see it, that means The Tick will inevitably get a positive response, which means Amazon will order the series into production. If they order the series into production, it will be embraced into the warm bosom of fans who enjoy quirky superhero comedies, and it will then last (hopefully) for longer than the three seasons the animated series ran for, and no doubt more than 9 episodes.

Seth Rogen & Evan Goldberg To Spearhead ‘Where’s Waldo’ For MGM

EXCLUSIVE: Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg are in talks to come aboard Where’s Waldo, the live-action MGM film based on the Classic Media franchise about the wool hatted-kid you spot in the crowd. Rogen and Goldberg will become producers with their Point Grey partner James Weaver. Talks have been going on in the past week and the deal is getting closer. The studio and Classic Media are setting Kyle Hunter & Ariel Shaffir to write it. They are proteges of Rogen and Goldberg, who’ll steer it through development. MGM acquired screen rights in 2011.

To whose that watched The Shining

Can one of you explain the ending with the photo of the Overlook Hotel??? (or your interpretation)

Last edited:
To whose that watched The Shining

Can one of you explain the ending with the photo of the Overlook Hotel??? (or your interpretation)

Check that out

Also check out the documentary Room 237. Some of the theories in it are reaches but a lot of cool stuff about the movie is pointed out that really help you realize how amazing it really is. It's on Netflix.

Love the movie and it's in my top 5. My theory is that the whole time we see Jack, he's physically appearing as what Grady looked like. Since the first time we see him is in the hotel, Grady has already started to manifest himself in Jack from his first visit. We get hints of Jack bringing something back with him when Danny has his incident in the bathroom. We also get a first glance of Grady being in Jack when he displays odd behavior on the car ride up to the hotel with the family. Grady manifests himself through people using the hotel over what I guess to be a long period time, as it's a Charles Grady the hotel manager tells Jack did the murder, but the butler's name is Delbert Grady. So I assume Charles Grady to be another person like Jack that fell victim to the hotel.

Last edited:
Not really sure if this movie deserves it's own thread, it's interesting enough so i figure I'll post it here and gauge interest. I thought it was a Mirrors Edge movie at first.

SPIELBERG AND FORD REUNITE AS INDIANA JONES RETURNS TO THEATERS JULY 19, 2019

Indiana Jones will return to the big screen on July 19, 2019, for a fifth epic adventure in the blockbuster series. Steven Spielberg, who directed all four previous films, will helm the as-yet-untitled project with star Harrison Ford reprising his iconic role. Franchise veterans Kathleen Kennedy and Frank Marshall will produce.

“Indiana Jones is one of the greatest heroes in cinematic history, and we can’t wait to bring him back to the screen in 2019,” said Alan Horn, Chairman, The Walt Disney Studios. “It’s rare to have such a perfect combination of director, producers, actor and role, and we couldn’t be more excited to embark on this adventure with Harrison and Steven.”

Famed archaeologist and explorer Indiana Jones was introduced in 1981’s Raiders of the Lost Ark – one of AFI’s 100 Greatest American Films of All Time – and later thrilled audiences in 1984’s Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, 1989’s Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, and 2008’s Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. The four films have brought in nearly $2 billion at the global box office.

Hmmm I wonder if this Indiana's final film. 
nerd.gif

Han Solo dying still hurts.

man.. after the last one, I'm weary

just rewatched the first 3 recently.. I hope they can recapture it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom