News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

I have very low expectations so this doesn't look so bad. I like the franchise so I'll give it a go I think. If I can watch Extreme GB O can watch this
laugh.gif

I am disappointed that none of the OG will be reprising their roles like a passing of the torch scenario.
Yeah, it would have been cool to see the new team work with the remaining members of the OG team in the film. 

It's cool that Murray, Akroyd, and Hudson will be in the film...But not in the role I wish they were in.

Not having the OG's as their original characters and passing the torch is whack, trailer was aight though and I'll go see it if the reviews are good

‘23 Jump Street-Men in Black’ Crossover Moving Forward With Director James Bobin (EXCLUSIVE)

The surprise may have been ruined by the Sony hack fiasco, but Sony Pictures is moving forward with its plans to combine the “21 Jump Street” and “Men in Black” franchises into one crossover movie.

Sources tell Variety that James Bobin is in early talks to direct the action comedy for Sony. Studio sources say that while no official greenlight has been given, the studio is already eyeing a June production start date. Sony had no comment.

Bobin will be stepping in for Phil Lord and Chris Miller, who directed the first two pics but are unable to direct the crossover due to their commitment to the “Han Solo” pic they’re helming at Disney. Lord and Miller are still on as producers along with Neil Moritz.

Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum will return to reprise their roles as Jenko and Schmidt, respectively. The two are also producing. As for Agent Jay and Agent Kay, execs have already made it clear Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones will not be reprising the roles they made famous as the studio looks to use this film to relaunch the franchise with younger, fresher faces.

:lol: out of all the things I heard from the leaks I thought this was just a huge joke.

I'd rather them just flesh out one of the spin offs they featured in the 22 jump street end credits
they really need to do that Jump Street Legends one
especially since Johnny Depp and other dude from the original show appeared in the first, they could just tie it all together

Last edited:
Yo I read that and I aint even want to post it :smh: Just felt disgusted reading they were actually going forward with the plans.

I just think of the 2 movies and know it's just gonna be some wild **** with Tatum and Hill shooting aliens. Then at the end they'll have their memories wiped.

because cinematic universes are what's IN these days
so this is somehow supposed to be included in the universe in which we haven't seen any aliens in the first 2 films?? is cube gonna be zed or whatever the boss name is?? I feel like we already saw a glimpse of this film at the beginning of 22 jump street where jonah gets the octopus stuck on him. I really hope they just don't poke fun at how they are randomly doing an alien buddy movie, much how they were ragging on how the plot of 22 JS was basically the exact same plot as 22 JS

the make it or break it for me is if this will be in fact rated R as remember the other MIB movies not being that
and I feel it will be and this project only got greenlit because of Deadpool

Last edited:
Last edited:
I swear that Jump Street/MIB crossover sounds like an April Fools joke. Like they can't be serious. :smh:
Not really a huge jump. They have the MIB franchise just sitting around dead essentially because Jones and Smoth are probably not going to do another. And the jump street movies need to go bigger and better. So it seems logical in a sense

So just get another comedic actor and straight man to be your new pair of agents.

Kevin Hart and Jason Statham

It don't have to be Will and Tommy.

So just get another comedic actor and straight man to be your new pair of agents.

Kevin Hart and Jason Statham

It don't have to be Will and Tommy.
But that's starting from scratch. Why do that when you have 2 likeable guys who need something to do and you already have established history with.

You got Tatum and hill on the roster and they are actually willing to do more even though they have become bigger stars. You have to use them but you also have to up the ante. First is was high school, then college. What next, FBI agents? Eh that's just a smaller step up from 22 jump street

Last edited:
Is it really starting from scratch? In 2 movies alone, they established a whole laundry list of letter agents.

Agents O and P, show up with their limited time of being partners as they patrol their section of Brooklyn? Bronx? Take it to Cali?

I forget how they assigned areas.

Plus Hart and Statham will bring in enough ppl to see it on top of the MIB brand. Way more than Tatum and Hill.

Explain to me how mixing the comedy and world of Jump Street with science fiction action is better than "starting from scratch"? :lol:

What does two likable guys have to do with it? Plenty likable guys that have worked and are working with Sony Pictures.

This seems more like an attempt at doing a real jokey comedy.

Last edited:
Is it really starting from scratch? In 2 movies alone, they established a whole laundry list of letter agents.

Agents O and P, show up with their limited time of being partners as they patrol their section of Brooklyn? Bronx? Take it to Cali?

I forget how they assigned areas.

Plus Hart and Statham will bring in enough ppl to see it on top of the MIB brand. Way more than Tatum and Hill.

Explain to me how mixing the comedy and world of Jump Street with science fiction action is better than "starting from scratch"? :lol:

What does two likable guys have to do with it? Plenty likable guys that have worked and are working with Sony Pictures.

This seems more like an attempt at doing a real jokey comedy.
By like able I mean that the movies have proven to be liked by fans and box office successes. They have a chemistry that works. That's also what I mean by not starting from scratch. People who like MiB are going to see a new MiB movie and people who liked the Jump Street movies are going to be interested in part 3. It hits two of their franchises

I'm not saying this because I think the movies gonna be good or something. Just saying it makes sense because your not really using the MIB IP at all and don't really know what to do with it. And while I like Kevin Hart, his brand of comedy wouldn't work with MIB. He's too much facial expressions and reactions.

Last edited:
With that logic why not combine the worlds of movies that seemingly have nothing to do with each other all the time? Saying it hits two of their franchises like it makes so much sense doesn't seem sound at all.

IMO, getting a new duo would do more for the MiB franchise than combining it with Jump Street. Especially in the long run.

So far this appears to do way more for Jump Street than it does for MiB. Also totally sure MiB fans would see this as the next installment of the MiB franchise.

With that logic why not combine the worlds of movies that seemingly have nothing to do with each other all the time? Saying it hits two of their franchises like it makes so much sense doesn't seem sound at all.

IMO, getting a new duo would do more for the MiB franchise than combining it with Jump Street. Especially in the long run.

So far this appears to do way more for Jump Street than it does for MiB. Also totally sure MiB fans would see this as the next installment of the MiB franchise.
But a lot of studios are doing that. You have King Kong vs godzilla. You have hasbro doing a GI Joe cinematic universe with other obscure 80's cartoons. Even Japan is getting in on it with The Ring Vs The Grudge.

Also what I'm saying is Sony probably has no intentions on doing anything with the MiB franchise in the foreseeable future. With no Smith or Jones, there's no reason to. It's not really an either or. Like Junp Street isn't prohibiting another MiB movie from being made.

Last edited:
King Kong and Godzilla makes sense. The Ring and The Grudge makes sense.

Jump Street and Men in Black makes no sense. Let's just start crossing over anything. How about we crossover Mean Girls with Harry Potter. They both have schools in them. :stoneface:

Rebooting MIB would be better. And Jump Street 3 would sell itself.

It makes no sense whatsoever.. but I had huge doubts about 21 Jump Street and it was brilliant.

I'm oddly confident they'll find a way to make it work.

But a lot of studios are doing that. You have King Kong vs godzilla.
:lol: What about that doesn't make sense?

You have hasbro doing a GI Joe cinematic universe with other obscure 80's cartoons.
Which ones? When did Hasbro start making movies? I didn't even know GI Joe had a cinematic universe.

Even Japan is getting in on it with The Ring Vs The Grudge.
Again. 2 scary movies coming together.
Also what I'm saying is Sony probably has no intentions on doing anything with the MiB franchise in the foreseeable future.
That's foolish which is why I suggested a new duo.
With no Smith or Jones, there's no reason to.
This only makes sense if you don't like to make money.

It's not really an either or. Like Junp Street isn't prohibiting another MiB movie from being made.
I'd agree here. I'm just saying that it sounds like a really dumb idea.

I remember hearing about that JS and MIB crossover a while ago

Thought it was a joke

:smh:

Back
Top Bottom